IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

If anybody is interested she posted her life story at her other blog.

sheepdip.diaryland.com/older1.html

Basically, she was raised in a family without religion. When she was nineteen her family visited the U.S. and decided to attend a "gospel church" as a cultural experience. While there she felt the presence of God and began her religious journey. Her family was and still is against it, but she doesn't care. She was ill for some time with a disease called M.E., (I still don't know what that is.) but she believes God healed her and that's why she's well now. Her husband is (or was) deeply religious too. She cared for a sick boy for several years -- they grew apart but when he died suddenly she was devastated. Then she started having babies rapid fire style. Lots of craziness in between and probably more than I'll ever know, blah blah blah, so so many words. sheesh.

M.E. is the term the British use for chronic fatigue. I had to look it up too.

M.E. is the term the British use for chronic fatigue. I had to look it up too.

Ah, I see. It's amazing she doesn't have problems now with all her body's been through. She says she also struggled with depression and anxiety (if you can believe that), but God healed that too and she went off her meds cold turkey.

Ah, I see. It's amazing she doesn't have problems now with all her body's been through. She says she also struggled with depression and anxiety (if you can believe that), but God healed that too and she went off her meds cold turkey.

Yes, she had at least one suicide attempt, prior to becoming a Christian. She went off Prozac cold turkey because God cured her of depression.

Oh, and M.E. kept her from finishing nursing school. Her friends told her they thought she was using ME. as an excuse to not finish school.

I should be graduating with all of them. I should be a qualified nurse as of next month. This slightly sucks, because I'm only NOT going to be graduating because of my sucky illness. But on the other hand I'm kind of scared of being a qualified nurse and getting a responsible job and all that. It means growing up and I don't care what the numbers say in my age, I'm still where I was emotionally when I was 14 or 15.

But where was I? Oh yes! So I have mixed feelings on graduating anyway. But I don't know what to think about seeing everyone else in my class graduate. I feel like I've missed out. But then I feel glad I have

She started out not wanting children, or at least being afraid to. I wonder what happened that all of a sudden she wants nothing but to be pregnant?

None of these things are going to happen for a while, because I've only been married a year and a half, and I have M.E. after all, so I'm not well enough for pregnancy yet. I've heard that pregnancy can ease M.E. symptoms but I don't think it would be a good idea to get pregnant with M.E. at all. I mean, even if you DID feel better during your pregnancy, all of a sudden you've got the most tiring job in the world when it's over and you're back to square one with your M.E. symptoms. Bad move. This might sound pessimistic, but how on earth are you ever going to get over M.E. when you're a new mother? It makes me shudder just to think about it! I will wait.

I know there are some autoimmune diseases where women do tend to have less symptoms when pregnant - maybe this is part of what is driving her constant pregnancy quest ? Even if she doesn't make the connection - if despite the morning sickness, in general she feels better when pregnant than not I could see why she wants to stay pregnant all the time if she feels horrible the rest of the time.

Not saying it's a good idea in the long run - but can understand the drive to do anything that makes you feel less lousy when you have on-going physical health issues.

This woman definitely puts wayyyy too much personal information on the internet. And I am slightly concerned about her mental state.....

Also with regard to benefits/welfare - she lives in a 2 bedroom house with 6 children? She's not living in a council house, she would not be allowed to live in a council house with that many children in one bedroom.

I think I know the answer but why is homeschooling illegal in Germany?

Because in Germany there isn't Bildungspflicht, ie compulsory education, but Schulpflicht ie compulsory attendance of a school for the purpose of education. There are very rare cases where the parents work abroad or where the child is ill or disabled where homeschooling will be allowed, but following the state curriculum and sitting the state exams.

The argument is that all children should have access to the same amount of knowledge about science, religion, sexuality and society without parental/other circumstantial bias. They don't want a "parallel society". It's been illegal since 1919 and has been challenged many times, so far unsuccessfully.

It has to be added that education is a matter for the individual Bundesland, ie the state ( Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg etc), not a country-wide thing. You also get a wide range of state-approved school, including Steiner schools and "free schools", so it's not all big grey 60's blocks full of evil state teachers ^^

I know I am going to regret asking this.

The 'parsnip' issue. Now I am well acquainted with parsnip outside of the bedroom. I have enjoyed parsnip in many varied and unusual locations. When the urge for parsnip occurs there is not always a bed available.

There again I do not have a breastfeeding toddler sharing my bed nor does my parsnip giver sleep in a boys dorm next door. So when the temperature is right and eggs are optimal do they meet up in the garden shed? Six little boys running around must surely curb the parsnip. Does not sound very romantic. Darling my eggs are optimal sex me NOW.

It will be a LONG time before I have roasted parsnips for dinner again :(

• Upvote 1

I actually started reading this blog last night (rather than just the few random entries to get a feel for the crazy) and I am quite concerned. I got as far back as Elijah's birth. Apparently he is in the 2 percentile for weight and the doctor told her long ago to supplement her breastmilk with formula. She refused to, because she knows what is best for her baby. Now, it's 8 months along, he's still breast fed exclusively (no solids/purees), and he's a tiny baby.

I mean, if he were eating and she were following doctor's recommendations, then I would say that a weight in the 2 percentile is not a big deal. But, I feel bad for this baby. I'm all for breastfeeding, but to the benefit of the CHILD not to satisfy the MOM's "needs."

The argument is that all children should have access to the same amount of knowledge about science, religion, sexuality and society without parental/other circumstantial bias.

I'm totally with Germany on this one, if you're going to homeschool there should be minimum standards and I think this is it.

Yowch, just read her bio and it's so sad. Bullied right through school, severe mental and physical problems (depression, ME), unless I've missed something looks like she wasn't able to finish college and there's no mention of a normal job though she's done volunteer work. Then she goes and takes on non-stop pregnancy and homeschooling 7 boys, which really can't be good for her or them. I guess in a way home is a place to hide for her, she doesn't need to engage with the demands of work, but over time I can't see this is going to end well.

I actually started reading this blog last night (rather than just the few random entries to get a feel for the crazy) and I am quite concerned. I got as far back as Elijah's birth. Apparently he is in the 2 percentile for weight and the doctor told her long ago to supplement her breastmilk with formula. She refused to, because she knows what is best for her baby. Now, it's 8 months along, he's still breast fed exclusively (no solids/purees), and he's a tiny baby.

I mean, if he were eating and she were following doctor's recommendations, then I would say that a weight in the 2 percentile is not a big deal. But, I feel bad for this baby. I'm all for breastfeeding, but to the benefit of the CHILD not to satisfy the MOM's "needs."

Hell, yes. She's always holding them back for her own needs. That is digraceful, and applies to most families on these boards. The reasons are different but its the same bs. I believe in breastfeeding exclusively up to 6 months if possible as well but now he is 8 months it wont kill him to supplement a little! I don't like it.

Hell, yes. She's always holding them back for her own needs. That is digraceful, and applies to most families on these boards. The reasons are different but its the same bs. I believe in breastfeeding exclusively up to 6 months if possible as well but now he is 8 months it wont kill him to supplement a little! I don't like it.

Isn't she nursing 1 or 2 of the older boys still? Wouldn't that affect the amount the baby is getting?

No more you breast feed the more milk you produce. Supply and demand. Also in the UK s doctor isn't allowed to tell his patient to formula feed its breast all the way he can off the record but not officially.

I think she breastfeeds more than one at a time.

I managed to discover the reason they didn't have a baby sooner in their marriage - they didn't have sex for over three years during that time. She was so afraid of pregnancy that she couldn't do it.

sheepdip.diaryland.com/pregnomummy.html

So she loves being pregnant and she loves babies... has she not realized that someday she won't be able to get pregnant any more and all the babies will have grown up and have minds of their own? I feel really sorry for all those kids.

No more you breast feed the more milk you produce. Supply and demand. Also in the UK s doctor isn't allowed to tell his patient to formula feed its breast all the way he can off the record but not officially.

According to the blog, the doctor suggested supplementing breastfeeding with formula as the child seemed to be constantly hungry. He did not tell her to stop breastfeeding.

I think she breastfeeds more than one at a time.

I managed to discover the reason they didn't have a baby sooner in their marriage - they didn't have sex for over three years during that time. She was so afraid of pregnancy that she couldn't do it.

sheepdip.diaryland.com/pregnomummy.html

Um...wow. This woman has the emotional maturity of an adolescent. Why would someone with such an impressively large and eclectic assortment of issues think its a good idea to have a litter of children? And why is her husband enabling this madness?

• Upvote 1

According to the blog, the doctor suggested supplementing breastfeeding with formula as the child seemed to be constantly hungry. He did not tell her to stop breastfeeding.

That would be really dangerous if they couldn't even tell them to supplement. My niece and I would have both died, because apparently in our family, milk doesn't come in enough with the first child. (it happens to something like 1 in 5 women actually, but seems to be brushed under the rug.)

Um...wow. This woman has the emotional maturity of an adolescent. Why would someone with such an impressively large and eclectic assortment of issues think its a good idea to have a litter of children? And why is her husband enabling this madness?

I think her most interesting issue is the Star Trek addiction. I was obsessed with Star Trek as a child too, but I never thought of it as a bad thing. It brought me a lot of happiness, actually.

sheepdip.diaryland.com/temptation.html ---towards the bottom

I'm totally with Germany on this one, if you're going to homeschool there should be minimum standards and I think this is it.

is not that good than it sounds, the european countries that are more restrictive about homescholing have a fascist/dictatorship past, having the monopoly of education is a way of controlling population, so have sense.