IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Alice hasn't blogged since Friday.  She has to have tested at least twice since then.  I'm guessing no positive and a big post is coming with lots of hand wringing and pictures of pee sticks. 

• Upvote 1

The only thing about this latest post that surprised me is that Alice actually used the word "intercourse".  That's troubling, since saying "parsnips" is totally a symptom of pregnancy. 

• Upvote 5

On 12/08/2016 at 11:29 PM, JemilyJ said:

Would it be SS departments who check homeschoolers? Surely it would be the LEA? (local education authority) But obviously SS would monitor homeschoolers who they had other contacts with and would probably do so more closely than with families who sent their children to schools.  So many of these things vary not just from region to region but depending on who your assigned contact is too in my experience of social services though.

no, it would be the LEA initially, and Social Services would only be involved if there was concern about abuse or neglect.

• 3 weeks later...

Alice has updated.  Adorable pics of the youngest, too.  

Every time someone claims a blogger is responding to us I roll my eyes.  But, I think she's responding to us.  

Check it out.  

• Upvote 1

It looks like she may be close to admitting that she could, actually, not get pregnant every single cycle.

If that's her responding to us, it means we actually make her think and look up facts.

I'll stop snarking if she carries on that way - inklings of critical thought are very un-fundie.

• Upvote 2

Honestly she sounds like she has untreated severe anxiety. I know someone IRL like this. She had 5 kids because when they were young it was the only time she wasn't obsessing about her mortality and the possibility that something was wrong with her physically. Now the lady I know truly does care about her kids but I read so much of her in Alice. 

My friend will text me because she has a headache and she's sure its meningitis and its because the weather is changing.

She's been put on meds and is doing better. 

Honestly I'm rolling about parsnips. I'm going to mention it to the H and see his reaction.

• Upvote 3

I found that latest blog entry interesting for several reasons, including the possible introspection.  I also find it interesting that she waited until 9 DPO again to update.  I'm guessing her cycle occurred immediately after the last update and that's why she didn't post.  I hope for her sake that she can let it go and not care.  Her body is showing definite premenopausal signs.  But, who knows.  

• 5 months later...

After not hearing anything from Alice since September she has suddenly become active again.  First she posted February 13, saying she was planning on making her blogs private.  Then she posted again two weeks later, saying that everyone had been messaging her and asking her to keep the blog open, and she was reconsidering (and oh by the way, look at this positive pregnancy test!)  Usually I look at her first few tests and can't see why she is so excited, but I saw the second line in this one right away. 

On March 1, she posted again and this time she had several positive pregnancy tests to display.  Today she posted even more tests, including a digital that shows she is 1-2 weeks pregnant, but she is obsessing about miscarrying because she thinks the newest lines are not as dark as the previous tests, and she believes that they should be getting darker.  Meanwhile, she has been reminiscing through all her previous pregnancies so she can illustrate the similarities between them in terms of her symptoms, their timing, intensity, etc.

I wonder if her pre-menopausal signs include variation in cycle length.  If so, than it is likely that she really is pregnant again...

• 3 years later...

I saw a news article this week about “trashing sites” and it reminded me of the impact this site had on Alice and so I thought I’d read through the posting and then the site again. The article talked about the mental health issues in posters that attract them to sites like this to ease their own issues and the impact it has on those that are written about - search for the study, it was really done well. 

Its fascinating when you know the person in real life (as I do with Alice) to see people judging and putting two and two together and getting six and then patting each other on the back for getting the answer right! It’s almost funny, if it wasn’t for the harm done. 

Personally I cannot see the attraction of sites like this - I prefer to have women around me that build each other up, not trash each other and tear them down. I appreciate that for some of you this is a cover for your own mental health problems, I just wish you could experience the hurt of being on the other side. 

My advice, as an older woman, is to make your own life so fulfilling that places like this lose their interest. Spending hours gossiping, speculating and judging others will only lead to dissatisfaction and suspicion in your own life. Find women who build you up instead - it’s worth it. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

14 minutes ago, HRB20 said:

I saw a news article this week about “trashing sites” and it reminded me of the impact this site had on Alice and so I thought I’d read through the posting and then the site again. The article talked about the mental health issues in posters that attract them to sites like this to ease their own issues and the impact it has on those that are written about - search for the study, it was really done well. 

Its fascinating when you know the person in real life (as I do with Alice) to see people judging and putting two and two together and getting six and then patting each other on the back for getting the answer right! It’s almost funny, if it wasn’t for the harm done. 

Personally I cannot see the attraction of sites like this - I prefer to have women around me that build each other up, not trash each other and tear them down. I appreciate that for some of you this is a cover for your own mental health problems, I just wish you could experience the hurt of being on the other side. 

My advice, as an older woman, is to make your own life so fulfilling that places like this lose their interest. Spending hours gossiping, speculating and judging others will only lead to dissatisfaction and suspicion in your own life. Find women who build you up instead - it’s worth it. 

Your intentions may have been good, but you’ve only brought more attention to your friend Alice on FJ. This thread was long dead for years. I don’t even think I know who this Alice is. But now I do thanks to your commenting. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Your intentions may have been good, but you’ve only brought more attention to your friend Alice on FJ. This thread was long dead for years. I don’t even think I know who this Alice is. But now I do thanks to your commenting. 

That’s ok - she doesn’t blog anymore and if it “draws attention” for more trashing then that proves me point completely! 

Read the study - it will help you. 

• Move Along 4
  • Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

13 minutes ago, HRB20 said:

That’s ok - she doesn’t blog anymore and if it “draws attention” for more trashing then that proves me point completely! 

Read the study - it will help you. 

You didn’t even link this study. How is anyone supposed to take your advice?

• Upvote 7

Oh man, I can't believe this- I was thinking about Alice just recently and wondering if she was still blogging. I found her blog through this site maybe 5 years ago and was genuinely fond of her. I hope she is in a good place and the kids are all well. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, HRB20 said:

I'd forgotten all about Alice until you -- her "friend" -- stopped by to scold us, thereby reviving this topic after several years. Please let us know if she thanks you for your concern.

Hope she's doing better now than she seemed to be during the years her public blog posts were discussed here.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Nurse Nic said:

Oh man, I can't believe this- I was thinking about Alice just recently and wondering if she was still blogging. I found her blog through this site maybe 5 years ago and was genuinely fond of her. I hope she is in a good place and the kids are all well. 

She is - her and her family are happy and well. She’s a genuinely lovely friend as I’m sure are most people pulled apart on here. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, LorEl said:

Attention seeker? 

I don’t know if you are - I don’t know you, just like you don’t know the people you judge and criticise. 

I only posted today as that article reminded me of the impact this forum had. Off to delete my account now - this kind of thing just isn’t for me. I prefer women who support each other and build each other up - not behave in a way that hurts them. Life’s hard enough without making it even harder for others. 

Good luck finding genuine happiness everyone - hint, it’s not found in forums like this xx

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Haha 3

Wow, I never expected a flouncer on an Alice thread. It's been a while since I thought of her. Now I wonder if she had any more kids.

• I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, HRB20 said:

Off to delete my account now - this kind of thing just isn’t for me.

Verbum sapienti -- we don't delete accounts here -- something you should have read when you signed up in order to scold us:

We don't delete accounts.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

HRB20 this thread  hasn’t  been active for a few years now. I’m guessing:

1. You have only just met Alice and now want to show off about that fact. 
2. you know Alice but don’t like her so want to re-start a long quiet thread to bring her back into the light of day.

3. You fancy her husband. He has ignored your advances so you want to try and re-start gossip about her. 

4. You are bored witless by 2020 so want to ‘bring some 2nd hand entertainment’ into your own life by using your supposed friend.

5. Alice has kicked you out of her friendship circle.

6. You are an attention seeking narcissist. 

• Upvote 12
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

2. you know Alice but don’t like her so want to re-start a long quiet thread to bring her back into the light of day.

3. You fancy her husband. He has ignored your advances so you want to try and re-start gossip about her. 

4. You are bored witless by 2020 so want to ‘bring some 2nd hand entertainment’ into your own life by using your supposed friend.

1 - known her 22 years. 

2 - already explained what made me think of this, it was an article on the impact on trolling that you really should read. It may help you to see a different side to this behaviour that will help you and others. 

3 - I’m very happily married for 20 years - when you grow up you’ll realise that not everything is about fancying other people. Genuine relationships can be long and happy but usually require you to be nice to people! 

4 - not in need of entertainment at all - definitely not the sort trashing sites like this bring. I don’t see this as entertainment at all - there’s no joy in attacking other people unless you’ve not outgrown the school kid stage. 

5 - Alice and I are still dear friends. I appreciate real life friends may be something you struggle to understand but it’s worth getting offline and finding some - they’re great and don’t constantly put others down if they’re real friends. 

6 - says the person writing about other people for a hobby! 

I will just add though that one day you’ll all wake up and regret this behaviour and realise the impact it’s had on your own mental health, the way you handle real life relationships and the impact it has on those you’re talking about. When you mature enough for that to happen I hope you have friends around that can help you break this destructive cycle and move into a happier life that empowers others, not puts them down to make you feel better about your own inadequacies.  People have committed suicide over trolling like this - it must be very strange to know you’ve contributed to that culture, just to entertain yourself. I cannot imagine having that kind of burden of guilt just for a laugh on the Internet. 

Right, notifications turned off, site deleted from history and site email address blocked - as far as I’m concerned that’s my account closed. 

Good luck everyone - I hope you have a more fulfilling life in future xx

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, HRB20 said:

1 - known her 22 years. 

2 - already explained what made me think of this, it was an article on the impact on trolling that you really should read. It may help you to see a different side to this behaviour that will help you and others. 

3 - I’m very happily married for 20 years - when you grow up you’ll realise that not everything is about fancying other people. Genuine relationships can be long and happy but usually require you to be nice to people! 

4 - not in need of entertainment at all - definitely not the sort trashing sites like this bring. I don’t see this as entertainment at all - there’s no joy in attacking other people unless you’ve not outgrown the school kid stage. 

5 - Alice and I are still dear friends. I appreciate real life friends may be something you struggle to understand but it’s worth getting offline and finding some - they’re great and don’t constantly put others down if they’re real friends. 

6 - says the person writing about other people for a hobby! 

I will just add though that one day you’ll all wake up and regret this behaviour and realise the impact it’s had on your own mental health, the way you handle real life relationships and the impact it has on those you’re talking about. When you mature enough for that to happen I hope you have friends around that can help you break this destructive cycle and move into a happier life that empowers others, not puts them down to make you feel better about your own inadequacies.  People have committed suicide over trolling like this - it must be very strange to know you’ve contributed to that culture, just to entertain yourself. I cannot imagine having that kind of burden of guilt just for a laugh on the Internet. 

Right, notifications turned off, site deleted from history and site email address blocked - as far as I’m concerned that’s my account closed. 

Good luck everyone - I hope you have a more fulfilling life in future xx

This is not a trolling site. I could say you are trolling this site more than anyone on fj is trolling. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13

No one here had posted about Alice's public blog for 4 years.  I had never heard of her before.  Now, thanks to you resurrecting this thread, I know about her, and so will lots of others who have joined this forum in the last 3 years.  

I'm sure Alice would thank you for bringing her to the attention of hundreds of new members, when this site's collective memory had largely forgotten her.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I vote for number 6.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1