• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Gerialc

Does anyone have any experience with fairy gardens? I recently made this one for my mom and am interested in making more. I'm thinking of making a tiny house out of a can of tomato paste and popsicle sticks.

fairygarden.jpg

Violet

That's awesome! I've seen quite a few of these on Pinterest.

When I was a kid, I once made my tooth fairy (named Trixiebelle - one of my parents' colleagues would write letters from her in response to mine, I was gutted when she said I wouldn't be able to meet me) a room out of a shoe box. Does that count? Ha.

usedtobenice

That is an awesome fairy garden!!!!

catlady

that is adorable!!! my mom has a fairy garden; she began collecting miniature furniture at dollar stores and catalog clearances, but I really like your popsicle stick furniture. and the house sounds like a really cute idea.

nokidsmom

I don't know how it took so long for me to find this, but that garden is really cute!

Grimalkin

this past spring my daughter built one out of sticks and found objects in a corner of our yard, The fairy's left her some flowers to plant as a thank you. They later left her some of those glass beads used in floral arrangements to decorate a path. It was fun. A tomato paste can sounds like it would make a cute house.

PreciousPantsofDoom

I had a bowl /planter that was on the porch by the front door.  I have finally determined that it is just too dark there for anything I plant (I do have a fern in another pot that does fine, but I wanted flowers for a little colour)  Even impatiens and begonias get leggy at best and moldy and dead at worst.  Last year I found a fairy sized deck chair with a colorful fairy size beach umbrella and did a thing with pebbles to make it look like a little beach scene.  If I get creative next year I might try making a little beach shack.  I was thinking sticks, but popsicle sticks might look more like planks, especially if I paint them to look kind of weather beaten. I'll have to think about it.  Quite often I have creative ideas, but fall a little short on execution ;)

FrumperSeamstress

That's so cute! I once babysat a little girl and we would pretend that fairies lived under her house. We would make food for them out of acorns and leaves and such. I thought about making one of those back then. I might end up making one for myself..

Chowder Head

I love this idea...off to pinterest

Pixiedust1960

I love this. Off to check out pintrest