IGNORED

Fairy Gardens

Gerialc

Does anyone have any experience with fairy gardens? I recently made this one for my mom and am interested in making more. I'm thinking of making a tiny house out of a can of tomato paste and popsicle sticks.

fairygarden.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That's awesome! I've seen quite a few of these on Pinterest.

When I was a kid, I once made my tooth fairy (named Trixiebelle - one of my parents' colleagues would write letters from her in response to mine, I was gutted when she said I wouldn't be able to meet me) a room out of a shoe box. Does that count? Ha.

• 2 weeks later...

That is an awesome fairy garden!!!!

that is adorable!!! my mom has a fairy garden; she began collecting miniature furniture at dollar stores and catalog clearances, but I really like your popsicle stick furniture. and the house sounds like a really cute idea.

• 4 months later...

this past spring my daughter built one out of sticks and found objects in a corner of our yard, The fairy's left her some flowers to plant as a thank you. They later left her some of those glass beads used in floral arrangements to decorate a path. It was fun. A tomato paste can sounds like it would make a cute house.

• 1 month later...

I had a bowl /planter that was on the porch by the front door.  I have finally determined that it is just too dark there for anything I plant (I do have a fern in another pot that does fine, but I wanted flowers for a little colour)  Even impatiens and begonias get leggy at best and moldy and dead at worst.  Last year I found a fairy sized deck chair with a colorful fairy size beach umbrella and did a thing with pebbles to make it look like a little beach scene.  If I get creative next year I might try making a little beach shack.  I was thinking sticks, but popsicle sticks might look more like planks, especially if I paint them to look kind of weather beaten. I'll have to think about it.  Quite often I have creative ideas, but fall a little short on execution ;)

That's so cute! I once babysat a little girl and we would pretend that fairies lived under her house. We would make food for them out of acorns and leaves and such. I thought about making one of those back then. I might end up making one for myself..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived