IGNORED

Ravelry

karen77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm new to Free Jinger. One of my real-life friends has been trying to convince me to join for a very long time. I'm also a knitter and on Ravelry. I just joined the Ravelry group you've created.

I have a bad habit of seeing any collecting patterns I see on the front page of Rav. I'm convinced I'm going to make the current wedding shawl. I'm thinking about doing it in sock yarn. I don't want to do it in all white as Nicky Epstein has on her pattern bc it wouldn't be an actual wedding shawl. I just can't decide if I really like it, if it should be solid or in several colors i.e. hand dyed sock yarn... but then I also think ug do I really ever wear a shawl? Is this shawl to start wearing them? all that blocking ug.

I made one shawl (ended up too small for me, but DD can wear it) And decided, it isn't my thing! I'll wear a poncho though

I have so many patterns saved in my ravelry library, tons of yarn given to me by people who stopped knitting or who just liked the yarn and gave it to me, and yet little time to actually knit :(

Maybe this summer I'll finally finish a couple sets of mittens

I have so many patterns saved in my ravelry library, tons of yarn given to me by people who stopped knitting or who just liked the yarn and gave it to me, and yet little time to actually knit :(

Maybe this summer I'll finally finish a couple sets of mittens

What mitten pattern? I've been telling myself every year that I will do the fiddle sticks or the there's a Eunny Jang one I have the pattern for that I keep putting off.

I also notice that I have a habit of looking at a pattern, and thinking OMG that is I must knit, then the next day look at and be repulsed. This is the my latest example of that: www.sweaterbabe.com/212-azure-thing-car ... g-pattern/

Look cute at first, now I just see it as dowdy.

I'm new to Free Jinger. One of my real-life friends has been trying to convince me to join for a very long time. I'm also a knitter and on Ravelry. I just joined the Ravelry group you've created.

Mwah hah hah hah! My evil plan worked!;)

Glad you are here - you'll love it too!

• 1 month later...

I'm really 90% lurker these days except on Rav groups I mod. I appear to have the attention span of a newt these days (unless it's reading the never ending threads here for some reason)

I'm really 90% lurker these days except on Rav groups I mod. I appear to have the attention span of a newt these days (unless it's reading the never ending threads here for some reason)

I definitely lurk, that is for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Ravelry, but I mostly post in 2-3 groups. Had no idea so many FJers were also on Rav! No idea why I'm surprised though.

I joined the group, but have been distracted away from crocheting lately...now I'm quilting haha! But thank you for creating the group - I'm sure my crafting habits will swing back to yarn in time :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm knitting only. I just joined the ravelry group recently, and I'm new to both ravelry and knitting. Maybe once I'm proficient, in about a million years, I'll branch out. But probably not -- I tend to be a pick-one-thing-only kind of a person.

At this point I haven't done any knitting since probably May or June, and I'll practically have to relearn when I pick it up again soon. Baby hats is all I've really done so far. Several other things started but set aside before finishing. Socks is what I really want to get into. I took a sock class and have my class pair mostly done except for the kitchenering at the end -- but still, it's not done 'til it's done, and these ain't done... :embarrassed:

• Upvote 1

I have done a bit of both, but now I am a hooker. Crochet is faster to learn, and right from the get go, you can start to do some pretty complex patterns. I think it works up fast than knitting as well. I am still fairly new to it, but in less than 6 months, I can't believe how fast I have caught on and how advanced I am getting with Crochet. After trying to knit off on for years, I have come to realize that for me, Crochet is the way to go. I don't know if it is easier, but it just comes easier to me than knitting ever has

Knitting has some beautiful stitches, and for some things I prefer the finished look of a knitted item than I do a crocheted item, such as sweaters.

For Afghans, small decorative items, scarves, mittens, coasters, stuffed animals etc, Crochet works best, in my opinion. I think making shaped things is easier with Crochet because you are working with just one stitch on the hook at a time, so going off in a different direction, is just easier.

I have utmost respect for knitters though. My mom is ferocious knitter, and her ability to make gorgeous cables, and frieze like stitches is awesome. She has a pattern she makes with a raised tree. The pattern is all one color, but just the shape of tree is raised up, like a frieze would be on a piece of granite. Anyway, Try as I might, I can't figure out how to do it in crochet, and make it look as perfect as it does with knitting.

If you are new to working with yarn, my advice is to give crochet a try. Start with a simple granny square because it is really rewarding to get one done. After just one you feel like you have accomplished something.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
I'm knitting only. I just joined the ravelry group recently, and I'm new to both ravelry and knitting. Maybe once I'm proficient, in about a million years, I'll branch out. But probably not -- I tend to be a pick-one-thing-only kind of a person.

At this point I haven't done any knitting since probably May or June, and I'll practically have to relearn when I pick it up again soon. Baby hats is all I've really done so far. Several other things started but set aside before finishing. Socks is what I really want to get into. I took a sock class and have my class pair mostly done except for the kitchenering at the end -- but still, it's not done 'til it's done, and these ain't done... :embarrassed:

I've just gotten into socks!! I'm working my 3rd pair currently. Lots of fun :)

(I just started knitting on Black Friday last year).

• 3 weeks later...

I love socks but have no motivation to knit them right now. I have to wear compression socks due to an injury. I am looking for a leg warmer pattern.

Edited by choralcrusader8613
tapa sig

On 10/21/2015 at 2:14 PM, DarkAnts said:

I love socks but have no motivation to knit them right now. I have to wear compression socks due to an injury. I am looking for a leg warmer pattern.

These are cute

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/victorian-legwarmers

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiral-legwarmers

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spring-lace-legwarmers-and-wrist-warmers

Edited by choralcrusader8613
tapa sig

• 1 year later...

This topic is a bit old, but I just wanted to say that I am on Ravelry as well, as snowlessknitter.  I am brand new to FJ, but have lurked here for at least a year.

I will have to see if I can find the FJ group on Ravelry.

• Upvote 1