IGNORED

Bill Gotthard & Baltimore Gangs

pega127

I read that Bill began his ministry empire by approaching gang members on the street in Chicago. He had great success talking with them and would invite them to some kind of event in a local hall. He says he could turn them around to have a heart for Jesus. So, why wouldn't t Bill with all his supposedly gang success volunteer to help Baltimore at this time?

I read that Bill began his ministry empire by approaching gang members on the street in Chicago. He had great success talking with them and would invite them to some kind of event in a local hall. He says he could turn them around to have a heart for Jesus. So, why wouldn't t Bill with all his supposedly gang success volunteer to help Baltimore at this time?

If he really did that, I doubt it's conducive to the current situation in Baltimore. What rioting teen is going to stop and go with Bill to a hall for cookies, lemonade, and Jesus.

If he really did that, I doubt it's conducive to the current situation in Baltimore. What rioting teen is going to stop and go with Bill to a hall for cookies, lemonade, and Jesus.

Well, I think it would depend on what kind of special cookies you would promise him... ;) :banana-stoner: :obscene-smokingjoint:

but yes, I agree that while this might work in some cases, in such a heated up situation, it's probably not that helpful.

(and honestly, while I really dislike people who deliberately destroy other peoples stuff, I don't think that becoming a cult member is a better solution)

I'm quite literally in the middle of this - I'm safely in my apartment, but live right in the middle of downtown Baltimore. I didn't sleep last night. Everytime I drifted off, the sirens would start again. All of the stores and restaurants on my block were looted last night. The last thing we need is a religious fanatic trying to help. The Baltimore clergy are doing an amazing job. They actually brought leaders of opposing gangs together last night, and the gangs, clergy and other community groups are putting up a united front to stop the violence.

Lol, if Bill Gothard tries to lure you anywhere with promises of cookies, lemonade and Jesus, say no, run away and tell an adult :D

But seriously, he isn't going to be able to do anything. Hes just a crazy old man. No gang members and rioters would ever listen to him.

I'm quite literally in the middle of this - I'm safely in my apartment, but live right in the middle of downtown Baltimore. I didn't sleep last night. Everytime I drifted off, the sirens would start again. All of the stores and restaurants on my block were looted last night. The last thing we need is a religious fanatic trying to help. The Baltimore clergy are doing an amazing job. They actually brought leaders of opposing gangs together last night, and the gangs, clergy and other community groups are putting up a united front to stop the violence.

You must be very close to me. This is so crazy. But we definitely don't need any religious fanatics inflaming the situation. And our clergy are working pretty hard themselves. Looking forward to cleaning up, rebuilding the neighborhoods, and addressing the underlying issues. This is a pretty amazing city but I hope it can be an amazing city for ALL citizens (not just white, upper-middle class, well-educated citizens) soon.

You must be very close to me. This is so crazy. But we definitely don't need any religious fanatics inflaming the situation. And our clergy are working pretty hard themselves. Looking forward to cleaning up, rebuilding the neighborhoods, and addressing the underlying issues. This is a pretty amazing city but I hope it can be an amazing city for ALL citizens (not just white, upper-middle class, well-educated citizens) soon.

I hear ya'. I really love this city, more than I ever thought I could when I moved up here for school. I'm so conflicted over the events of last night. I haven't had much interaction with the BPD, but I've observed enough interactions with others to fear and mistrust them. While I generally don't condone violence, I completely understand the sense of justice and catharsis Baltimore residents feel when they throw rocks at the police and set squad cars on fire. I think it's especially fitting to see the BPD transport vans on fire. But looting and burning the few retail and options in West Baltimore will have a huge long term impact on the community. I was truly afraid last night that my building would be set on fire. I was hopeful that the National Guard would be a certain sense of calm, but they seem to be focused 100% on high profile buildings and the Inner Harbor.

Lol, if Bill Gothard tries to lure you anywhere with promises of cookies, lemonade and Jesus, say no, run away and tell an adult :D

But seriously, he isn't going to be able to do anything. Hes just a crazy old man. No gang members and rioters would ever listen to him.

But Bill also has a puppy in his van, and he totally wants to show it to you.

(snip)

I hear ya'. I really love this city, more than I ever thought I could when I moved up here for school. I'm so conflicted over the events of last night. I haven't had much interaction with the BPD, but I've observed enough interactions with others to fear and mistrust them. While I generally don't condone violence, I completely understand the sense of justice and catharsis Baltimore residents feel when they throw rocks at the police and set squad cars on fire. I think it's especially fitting to see the BPD transport vans on fire. But looting and burning the few retail and options in West Baltimore will have a huge long term impact on the community. I was truly afraid last night that my building would be set on fire. I was hopeful that the National Guard would be a certain sense of calm, but they seem to be focused 100% on high profile buildings and the Inner Harbor.

I'm with you - work downtown - tons of cops and precaution, where there hasn't been any issues (and fingers crossed there won't be), but in the neighborhood haven't seen much police presence at all... Frustrating. I just hope to find a constructive way to help, once I get off. Stay safe!

I'm with you - work downtown - tons of cops and precaution, where there hasn't been any issues (and fingers crossed there won't be), but in the neighborhood haven't seen much police presence at all... Frustrating. I just hope to find a constructive way to help, once I get off. Stay safe!

Stay safe, y'all! Sending vibes of safety and protection your way.

:clap: So glad to read this! :clap:

Archived