IGNORED

Christian ‘Soul Vultures’ Are Exploiting The Nepal Earthquak

doggie

The worst in christianity praying on others.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/27 ... ist-video/

[bBvideo 560,340:194ch7xe]

[/bBvideo]

Tony Miano @TonyMiano

.@CNN Praying 4 the lost souls in Nepal. Praying not a single destroyed pagan temple will b rebuilt & the people will repent/receive Christ.

7:26 AM - 25 Apr 2015 · Santa Clarita, CA, United States

1400 souls dead in Nepal and climbing, I wonder how many of those heard the Gospel? #PrayersForNepal #PrayForGospelMovement

but we see this all the time in conservative christianity in the us. no compassion for the poor or destitute and mission trips to only convert and not to help. Gay marriage and miscarriages are the only important things

Considering my bf's parents, sisters and BILs are all Hindus I give a major :obscene-birdiered: to them all. His sisters are some of the kindest people I've ever known and are better people x 1000 than this dude and people like him. He can kindly go fuck himself. That is all. :angry-banghead: :hand:

ETA: noticed he disabled comments to the video. Guess he knew decent people would lash out at his hateful spew and was totally not up for the challenge.

Someone needs to read Isaiah 58:7 and STFU.

Although, on the other hand, if that's really his attitude, maybe he should stay the hell away from Nepal.

I can't help but remember how Steve Maxwell freaked the fuck out while watching a video about Everest because some of the climbers had the audacity to light candles and offer up a prayer in a temple before starting out. I have no doubt that he feels the same way as this dude.

Whenever there's any kind of natural or manmade disaster, it's pretty much a given that the holier-than-thou crowd will start circling like vultures for Jesus.

I can't help but remember how Steve Maxwell freaked the fuck out while watching a video about Everest because some of the climbers had the audacity to light candles and offer up a prayer in a temple before starting out. I have no doubt that he feels the same way as this dude.

Whenever there's any kind of natural or manmade disaster, it's pretty much a given that the holier-than-thou crowd will start circling like vultures for Jesus.

Wait, what? When did this happen?

The Sherpas believe that the mountain (or god of the mountain, not really sure) punishes those who are arrogant and unworthy of the climb. Everest might only have a 4% death rate, but none of the way people die on the mountain seem very pleasant. I'd be lighting candles and trying prayer flags whenever I was allowed.

Steve Maxwell is a simple minded jerk.

Wait, what? When did this happen?

The Sherpas believe that the mountain (or god of the mountain, not really sure) punishes those who are arrogant and unworthy of the climb. Everest might only have a 4% death rate, but none of the way people die on the mountain seem very pleasant. I'd be lighting candles and trying prayer flags whenever I was allowed.

Steve Maxwell is a simple minded jerk.

articles.titus2.com/guarding-hearts-a-real-life-situation/

articles.titus2.com/guarding-hearts-a-real-life-situation/

I've seen that "video"! It's on Netflix. It's under an hour, and Steve missed all context, of course. Such a black and white thinker.

Okay, so these people could go over there and actually help the Nepalese earthquake survivors with necessities such as water and food and shelter - of they could go over there and prey on them.

...so they choose the latter. (Oh, come on!)

Never underestimate the ability of human nature to disappoint.

On a related note, if you have the means to help the quake survivors, these guys - UNICEF - are a far better bet.

You know if the roles were reversed - if, say, Buddhist monks came over to convert in the midst of a US disaster - they'd flip shit.

It astounds me that these people don't follow the teachings of their religion at all. Like, you're going to spew vitriol right after their nation was devastated? Pretty sure Jesus didn't lecture the blind and the lepers and then not help them. But then again the ends justify the means, right? Get souls for Jesus, even if you have to act like a shitty human.

Seriously, fuck this guy and the horse he rode in on.

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
Do you think that J'Dillards will do anything to help Nepal, since they like to remind us that they met in Kathmandu?And I don't mean go over to preach at them again. Oh, who am I kidding?

So here is a transcript for most of that loathsome video, along with commentary:

O:55 - "More signs: Right in the Book of Matthew; when Jesus was talking to his disciples and they asked him, 'What are going to be the signs of the end of the age,' one of them was, 'There shall be earthquakes in diverse places.' So we shouldn't be surprised that these things are happening..."

Thing One: Why in hell would you be surprised, anyway? Earthquakes are natural events, and common - but humanity is often spared their ravages because the majority of them take place along faults in the massive portion of our world covered by water.

Thing Two: If the world really were coming to an end in the Biblical sense, and the Book of Revelation is to be taken literally, then a major portion of the human population is going to be tortured forever by the creature these particular Christians call their god. One would think a good Christian would want to put that off for as long as possible so as to save more people from eternal fire. [Fire! They actually believe their god is going to burn people forever - that is the god they choose to worship.]

1:13 - "...and we have so many things, guys, coming together right now it's crazy. [Insert cheap shot here.] Signs in the Sun. Signs in the Moon. Signs in the stars. False Christs. False prophets. Distress of nations. Earthquakes in...diverse places. A push for a Palestinian state..."

Before I get to my problem with this man's folly, I wish to point out I believe (a) that Israel has a right to exist and that there is an absolute need for ongoing international aid, (b) that the Palestinians have a right to air their grievances through the proper international channels, and © that there should be either a real effort at integration or a two-state solution to put an end to the unfortunate stand-off that exists in that region.

Now that I have that caveat out of the way, it's time to point out the obvious: The man who created this video, regardless of his alleged sense of sadness for the thousand or so people who died in that earthquake, is happy about the quake because it brings him and his chosen few one step closer to front-row seats for the eternal and fiery torture they believe will be inflicted on almost everyone else but them by their twisted idea of god.

If you want to burn people, you suck as a human being. If you want to see people eternally burning, you haven't enough conscience to call yourself "good" and you should probably fear for the fate of your own demented soul.

The fact this man thinks an effort to (re)form a Palestinian state is proof of an oncoming Armageddon really doesn't deserve comment - and yet it requires an answer, because the individual who made these statements is not alone in his destructive beliefs.

My literacy on the age of Palestine - or rather, my lack of it - drove me to Wikipedia. I found the exact age of historic Palestine hard to pin down, beyond that it co-reaches back, along with Israel, for thousands of years. but I did learn one interesting fact:

"A genetic study has suggested that a majority of the Muslims of Palestine, inclusive of Arab citizens of Israel, could be descendants of Christians, Jews and other earlier inhabitants of the southern Levant whose core may reach back to prehistoric times. A study of high-resolution haplotypes demonstrated that a substantial portion of Y chromosomes of Israeli Jews (70%) and of Palestinian Muslim Arabs (82%) belonged to the same chromosome pool." ("Palestinians")

The truth of this interrelation goes far deeper:

"New research by Peter Ralph of USC Dornsife has confirmed that everyone on Earth is related to everyone else on the planet. So the Trojan Family is not just a metaphor. Turns out, we're also linked by genetics more closely than previously thought." (Source)

There are articles on this subject everywhere, and all the ones I looked at say about the same thing: We are related - very related - to one another; everyone, everywhere. It's there for anyone who cares to look.

To my shame, I did not know the true extent of the interrelation until this morning - but I do now.

If one goes far enough back, we all came from the same place - a single common ancestor, the most recent of which (according to Yale mathematician Joseph T. Chang, who presented his findings in the journal Nature back in 2004) lived approximately 1000 to 2000 years ago. Others argue the most recent common ancestor actually lived about 3000 years ago.

Not 100 000. Not 20 000. Not 10 000. Not even 6000 years.

Perhaps 3000 years ago, one person became parent to us all. The DNA of that single individual is in all of us - in nearly every kind of cell in our bodies, replicated billions of times in every individual alive today and maybe in every human who will ever live from now on. Moreover, most of the people alive today will, through the lives of their descendants, become parents themselves to entire peoples.

"O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and be mindful of your duty to Allah, particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you." (Al Quran 4:2)

The Israelis and the Palestinians are, in a way, brothers and sisters to one another. The Hutus and the Tutsis are as well. The peoples of the former Yugoslavia. The rioters in Baltimore, and Freddie Gray who died there, and the police who killed him through their callousness - related, all of us, and more closely than many would care to think: "Tank Man" and Gandhi; Pol Pot and Stalin. You and me.

By genetics. By the interconnectedness of the ancient societies to which we owe debts of culture and belief - including those in the Middle East. By trade. By the most basic of our drives - for family and community, for decent lives and decent deaths; by the hopes for the success of our descendants. And sometimes, often to our detriment, by geographical and ancestral pride.

By the spread of writing and the eventual explosion of literacy - and by its continued and, though sometimes slow, yet unstoppable spread. By the internet. By the fact that what effects one part of our globe can easily effect every part of it.

Those literalists believe in Adam and Eve and in the extreme interrelation of all humanity, and yet they are among the first to set that aside in arguments about minor theological points; and they believe a major portion of their family tree is destined for eternal fire.

They wait for it.

1:30 - "...the Holy Bible is the word of God, okay..."

"If anyone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother." - (1 John 4:20-21)

1:32 - "...we have no excuse to say that we weren't warned of the things that are coming - because it's right in there. And those things - some of them are happening right before us now. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour, today is the day of Salvation."

Today, for me, may be the closest to salvation I ever get: I saw the wrong and error in what we do to one another, but did not realize how deep it went - how alike we all really are - that we are kindred not merely in a philosophical sense but in a literal one.

Those people that died in the quake were part of us, and this parasitism the man demonstrates in his grinning video demonstrates more clearly than anything I could say about it that for all his claims of belief in the Bible, he speaks the words but does not understand them.

1:51 - "Accept Jesus Christ as your lord and your saviour. Admit you are a sinner. Believe Jesus Christ died on that cross so you may have forgiveness of your sins and have eternal life. Believe that he died on the cross, that he was buried in a tomb, that he resurrected on the third day - as it is written in the Scriptures. Confess and repent of your sins. Ask to be accounted worthy to stand before him, the Son of Man, and ask to be accounted worthy to escape these things that shall come to pass.

"Romans 10:9; 'If you shall confess with your mouth the lord Jesus Christ and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, then you shall be saved.'"

That smirk on his face - it's unbecoming. And it's not convincing me he's the man whose words - wherever he got them - will be the ones that help other people.

2:39 - "Make that decision today. There is no promise of tomorrow..."

No - but despite people such as this man. I now believe there is hope for tomorrow.

2:41 - "...and guys, look at this; so far, close to 600 people have lost their life (sic) over in Nepal and their still counting. I mean guys, it's...the lord is coming. The signs are here. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. The time is now. Don't wait [or, presumably, god will burn you forever and ever on account of finite crimes, such as a failure to believe in this particular version of Christianity - like all those dead Nepalese who wish they could come back and warn us that fire is hot] another day. He is coming back [and he is going to fucking kill you - and then some - if you don't believe this guy] He's coming. God bless you guys. Pray for the craziness going on in Nepal [that it will get worse so we don't need to taste of death even once]. Pray for the world; the...everything. Guys, it's...the hour is late. The King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ, is coming."

I wonder if I should at least try to give this man credit for not overtly claiming the dead Nepalese are, as I write, suffering eternal torture for the misfortune of being born in a place not inundated with cultural Christians.

Here's one should be worried for his own welfare. That grin on his face throughout most of the video was enough in itself to make me question his priorities.

Help for the quake victims? Nah! Pray for them - because the end is here and it's going to be great for everyone who believes as he does.

If God made an earthquake as punishment for our sins the world would have been destroyed 7,000,000,000 times.

You know if the roles were reversed - if, say, Buddhist monks came over to convert in the midst of a US disaster - they'd flip shit.

It astounds me that these people don't follow the teachings of their religion at all. Like, you're going to spew vitriol right after their nation was devastated? Pretty sure Jesus didn't lecture the blind and the lepers and then not help them. But then again the ends justify the means, right? Get souls for Jesus, even if you have to act like a shitty human.

Seriously, fuck this guy and the horse he rode in on.

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
Do you think that J'Dillards will do anything to help Nepal, since they like to remind us that they met in Kathmandu?And I don't mean go over to preach at them again. Oh, who am I kidding?

Well, we won't have to worry about Buddhist monks coming over to convert anyone because Buddhists don't proselytize.

Burris:

Thanks for that post.

To me, that's one of the real meanings of the Adam and Eve story. At some point (although the common mother and common father may have existed at different times), we are all related. We are all one.

I also have a weird belief that there's a lot in religion that can only be explained by thinking of humankind as a single organism. I remember being blown away in biology class when I realized that each person is made up of millions of cells, and that each cell is a living thing that has the DNA blueprint for the whole person.

Someone needs to read Isaiah 58:7 and STFU.

Although, on the other hand, if that's really his attitude, maybe he should stay the hell away from Nepal.

I looked that quote up. Good point. The guy who left the comment saying giving food/water aid to the victims without Bibles is just letting them go to Hell comfortably needs to consider how we are supposed to give food and shelter to people in need.

Not to mention that Nepal is incredibly reliant on tourism, and those temples were a major drawcard. Durbar square, Swayambunath, Bakhtapur are worth an extra few days in Kathmandu at the end of your trek, and all of the eating, shopping and hotelling that comes along with those days. That was my first thought when I saw the pictures of Durbar square near Thamel... all those vendors, where are thry going to get money now?

I was very relieved yesterday to hear that the villages in the main trekking area are mostly intact. If the tourists stop flowing people will starve. That's not to say that it's OK for whole villages to be destroyed in other regions, but those men probably earn their living as porters near Annapurna.

Burris:

Thanks for that post.

To me, that's one of the real meanings of the Adam and Eve story. At some point (although the common mother and common father may have existed at different times), we are all related. We are all one.

I also have a weird belief that there's a lot in religion that can only be explained by thinking of humankind as a single organism. I remember being blown away in biology class when I realized that each person is made up of millions of cells, and that each cell is a living thing that has the DNA blueprint for the whole person.

I don't know that your belief is weird: The more I look at the past and the present, and all the strands of the present, it seems to pull one moves them all - that things can not only be traced back to common roots, but from side to side in modernity.

The more I'm required to think about it, the more it all ties together into a single large web of human experience. I won't even pretend to know how or why but everything seems to be related; most people brush these off as coincidences, no matter how many of them occur. But what if they're not? What if we - the common we - have been missing something important; something fundamental? The more of us there, the more social media, the more instant news, the more science and genetic testing, the more obvious it seems to get. Something is common: Something big.

The Guardian tests whether "Six Degrees of Separation" Is Fact of Fiction:

"...[R]esearchers announced the theory was right - nearly. By studying billions of electronic messages, they worked out that any two strangers are, on average, distanced by precisely 6.6 degrees of separation. In other words, putting fractions to one side, you are linked by a string of seven or fewer acquaintances to Madonna, the Dalai Lama and the Queen."

Christianity as a cover for wanting to feel superior to others, or does being this strain of Christian make one feel superior to others.

Either way, it is disgusting.

I'm hoping the literal, Laura Silsby-esque fundie child buyerswould be adopters won't be next on the scene. They turned up after the Haiti quake, South Asian Tsunami, nuclear reactor problem in Japan (!), etc.

Semi-fundie and adoptive mommy of 3 Staci has posted a moving plea for folks not to do the baby buying vulture (adoption) thing in Nepal... which would be SO much more meaningful had she not purchased adopted 3 Ethiopian kids. (She ran into fraud on adoption #1... didn't let it stop her from adopting 2x more). It's amazing how semi-fundies develop a conscience only AFTER they've completed as many unethical adoptions as they wanted to).

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0691964176

Archived