IGNORED

Our Little Haven Blog Is Back

nelliebelle1197

Nikki is no longer private and recently had a difficult delivery with what, child number 564?

viewtopic.php?f=198&t=23044&hilit=our+little+haven+on+the+hill

I guess I am not going to sleep for a while

ourlittlehaven.blogspot.com/

ETA: Check on the GIANT PINK BOW on the hospital hat. Yeah.

I counted this latest one as number 11. She's got one more to go to tie with J-Rod.

We just found out that we have Preeclampsia and we now know that the baby will be coming sooner than later.....

This annoys the crap out of me. I can sort of understand (though personally hate) the "we" are pregnant, because it denotes that the couple is in this together and are both expecting. But *we* have preeclampsia? Uh, no, lady, YOU have preeclampsia.

That said, I'm glad that both mom and baby are healthy, and Laura Jane is an adorable name.

The house looks a bit cleaner, but the kids still look, for the most part, unwashed. Apparently the "nora virus" (which sounds a lot like norovirus from the description ;) ) was caught by a bunch of the kids, which sounds just awful, considering that they were remodeling their bathroom and had to go to her mother's to use the facilities.

It looks like it gets below freezing in parts of the house at night, as she posted photographs of her bathtub with water in it that had frozen. I really hope the kids have heat in their bedrooms, but she only mentions a wood stove in the living room. That really, really worries me...no wonder those babes have runny noses.

Not gonna lie, they had me at 'Obadiah'.

I'm always amused at how some families will give common names to some children (Emma, Lydia, Joshua) and out-there ones to others (Salinn? Hosea??)

edit: I followed the link to previous FJ discussions on this family and I, too, will now strive to ensure a future child of mine can proudly say, 'Taxes is my middle name'. :mrgreen:

The house and outside is still as gross as ever. I feel so badly for the kids and newborn baby who live in that mess. :( Yes they seem loved but I'm sorry living in filth is not ok.

"Have this baby sooner or later". And yet, you decide to wait till the evening to talk to your husband and go to church sunday and not even call the doctor back till sunday afternoon?! This infuriates me :angry-banghead:

"Have this baby sooner or later". And yet, you decide to wait till the evening to talk to your husband and go to church sunday and not even call the doctor back till sunday afternoon?! This infuriates me :angry-banghead:

Yes, that got to me as well. Couldn't call husband at work? Had to attend the Mike Riddle presentation and tell all the friends to pray before calling the doctor.

Then this.The doctor

was headed to surgery but as soon as she was done with that she would come to break our water

What?

I might have headed to the hospital and told my husband to meet me there on Saturday.

Salinn is actually Sarah. Salinn is a nickname.

I cannot believe Nikki was nearly 40 weeks pregnant and they were living without a bathroom. If I recall, Great-grandma is on a farm next door. These are small farms but next door is not NEXT DOOR but a hill and through the woods or something.

Looks like Nikki is now volunteering at Junebug, all the better for her hording issues.

Salinn is actually Sarah. Salinn is a nickname.

Oh, really? Plenty of worse nicknames out there... on the proviso that it's not pronounced 'saline'!

Oh, really? Plenty of worse nicknames out there... on the proviso that it's not pronounced 'saline'!

I am thinking "SAY-lyn". But with fundies, it could easily be "salad".

They seem to live in an old farmhouse in disrepair. Not uncommon for where they live. They are obviously lower income but seem to be much happier than some of the families on here. The kids seem to live a little wild which is probably pretty fun for a little kid. Lots of outside time and free play in those photos instead life scheduled in 15 min increments . She also doesn't speak in fundie speak and no posts about "correction" or "training". I'm hoping these kids are having a great childhood despite the less than stellar schooling.

The house and outside is still as gross as ever. I feel so badly for the kids and newborn baby who live in that mess. :( Yes they seem loved but I'm sorry living in filth is not ok.

I saw the blog pictures & completely agree w/ u.

They seem to live in an old farmhouse in disrepair. Not uncommon for where they live. They are obviously lower income but seem to be much happier than some of the families on here. The kids seem to live a little wild which is probably pretty fun for a little kid. Lots of outside time and free play in those photos instead life scheduled in 15 min increments . She also doesn't speak in fundie speak and no posts about "correction" or "training". I'm hoping these kids are having a great childhood despite the less than stellar schooling.

I was cringing while looking through the pictures. My home turned into aGreyGardens situation after my dad left. I am still paranoid about having guests over. The kids could use a good hair combing, there are some new brushes out that are the best detangling brushes ever I love them more than I should love a brush. I think they look happy. The boys need to stop buttoning the top button on those flannel shirts, it gives the a Deliverance sort of feel. Run if you hear banjo music.

The outside looked gross, It looks like they are trying with the inside. They need to put a nice coat of fresh paint on those wood panels.....looks dark and icky in that family room. Lots of work still.

And you know Nikki has a pregnancy blog, too?

sweetlittlegifts.blogspot.com

"Our Dr. B had a day off on Monday but she scheduled us to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m on Tuesday morning for an induction.We ran late of course and arrived closer to 7:30"

WTH :shock:

I fell down the rabbit hole of reading their blog tonight.

It is amazing how dirty all those poor babies look all the time, snotty noses, filthy faces, stained clothing, etc. The nephew Kallen and Ayden look clean though. Clothes nice, not dirty, clean hair, how can they leave their babies in that environment?

Is the only source of heat the wood burning stove in the living room? I see small space heaters and a huge ready heater in several photos. So dangerous with all those little ones.

Why is she going and buying random crap all the time? Heart pans? Rag dolls? Do they really need more crap? It looks like every single inch of that house is covered.

She has posted about people dropping stuff off to them. I find that sad. I noticed one package had bananas and shampoo in it. You have to be pretty bad off if people are dropping bananas and shampoo off to you.

I read further. She says god always provides for them. No bitch, people in your community feel sorry for you children and want them to eat and be clean. I am so mad.

I'm not sure how to put this, except to say if they have a roof and food and clothing and blankets, they have what they need. Unless the house is condemned, they aren't living much differently from how a lot of other people have: Get up, pull socks on under the covers, light the stove, turn on and off the main water spigot (?) by need.

LOL; my brother, being much younger, got the warmer attic whereas my place was in the basement where I was responsible for ensuring the water was off so the pipes wouldn't freeze. (We also had an open-topped cistern, which was every bit as gross to clean as it sounds.)

I had a bed and bare concrete which...well, actually that kind of sucked, but it doesn't sound like they have quite that sort of arrangement there - and with so many kids as they have, there are far more helping hands.

I'm more worried about their educations - as in, will they actually get any?

The kids always seem to be in multiple sweaters. Inside. Is that normal for people who live in cold places?

Lived near the equator my entire life, so I don't know if they don't have heating or they do and still wear multiple sweaters inside..

Is the only source of heat the wood burning stove in the living room? I see small space heaters and a huge ready heater in several photos. So dangerous with all those little ones.

She said in one of her posts that there is a wood burning stove in their living room, which is their only source of heat. One of her sons, Amos or Silas, gets up in the morning to light the stove. She talks about ho her house in not insulated and has photographs of water frozen solid in the bathtub.

ourlittlehaven.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2015-02-17T20:29:00-06:00&max-results=7&start=4&by-date=false

The kids always seem to be in multiple sweaters. Inside. Is that normal for people who live in cold places?

Lived near the equator my entire life, so I don't know if they don't have heating or they do and still wear multiple sweaters inside..

It is in winter when the heat source is a wood-burning stove. It's plenty warm near, but far or a floor below, it doesn't make a bit of difference: In winter' it's freezing, and the kids, if they're lucky, sleep in socks and slippers as well as sweaters.

It is in winter when the heat source is a wood-burning stove. It's plenty warm near, but far or a floor below, it doesn't make a bit of difference: In winter' it's freezing, and the kids, if they're lucky, sleep in socks and slippers as well as sweaters.

Acknowledging that where I live does not get nearly as cold as Vermont in winter (nighttime mean winter temp here is roughly 0 C / 32 F), I regularly wore multiple warm layers around the house and to bed as a child, including two pairs of socks and a beanie. Heating and insulation were not priorities in my family, and I had no reason to think this was unusual.

Whaddya mean, not everyone wears a dressing gown to bed? :shock: :lol:

Acknowledging that where I live does not get nearly as cold as Vermont in winter (nighttime mean winter temp here is roughly 0 C / 32 F), I regularly wore multiple warm layers around the house and to bed as a child, including two pairs of socks and a beanie. Heating and insulation were not priorities in my family, and I had no reason to think this was unusual.

Whaddya mean, not everyone wears a dressing gown to bed? :shock: [emoji38]

Haha, in my country (India) we need air conditioning (but don't always use it) 7/12 months a year.

I love love love visiting cold places. When I visited the US this December, the Grand Canyon went to sub zero. I loved every second in the cold :D

Haha, in my country (India) we need air conditioning (but don't always use it) 7/12 months a year.

I love love love visiting cold places. When I visited the US this December, the Grand Canyon went to sub zero. I loved every second in the cold :D

You sound like my bf (also from India). When he came to the US the first time he loved the cooler weather and thinks the snow and cool weather is awesome. I, on the other hand, am quite over the ice and snow scraping and chilly air. :lol:

You sound like my bf (also from India). When he came to the US the first time he loved the cooler weather and thinks the snow and cool weather is awesome. I, on the other hand, am quite over the ice and snow scraping and chilly air. [emoji38]

Grass is always greener on the other side :D

Archived