IGNORED

James McDonald Takes a Sabbatical

DomWackTroll

Wow, Abby_B, thanks for that inside info!

ETA: Here is the “Leaders†page on the Providence website.

providencecpc.org/about/our-leaders/

Bryan Evans, Elder: “Bryan also serves as the CFO for a national Christian health care sharing ministry.â€

Bob Sanford, Deacon: “Since 1988, he has worked for a large insurance company based in Bloomington, IL where he has held the positions of underwriter, supervisor, staff assistant and business analyst.â€

I would imagine their conversations are... interesting.

ETAA: James threw a little shade during this morning’s WalkTalk: “…Some sort of person out there that’s going to be tossing little darts at you, saying little things, trying to stand in your way, trying to tell you you can’t do it, you don’t have what it takes, you’re not going to be able to make it, insinuating things about you, just to try to bring you down.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206275883274480?pnref=story

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bryan Evans, Elder: “Bryan also serves as the CFO for a national Christian health care sharing ministry.â€

Seems typical. Not just with Samaritan Ministries, either... also on morningcenter.org/board-members/ and it reminds me of all the guys with VF and the myriad of boards some of them are on.

Sabbatical to take online classes in an unaccredited seminary. Alrightythen! :popcorn2:

• 2 weeks later...

Silly rabbits, James isn't on sabbatical after all! According to Stacy, he's willingly joined her in the business of peddling ministry of sharing Essential Oils (commonscentsmom.com/business-opportunity/):

But, what if your family could stay home and work together on a family business? What if you could do it without some huge financial investment, and without hours and hours of time and focus? What if mom could get it started by basically doing what she’s doing anyway (using and talking about her essential oils), and dad could help in the background if he wanted to – until her business exploded and he decided he could come home and be with the family all day, every day! Yeah. Really.

Judging from this "article," it looks like a number of the McDonald offspring are involved in this Ponzi scheme ministry.

Silly rabbits, James isn't on sabbatical after all! According to Stacy, he's willingly joined her in the business of peddling ministry of sharing Essential Oils (commonscentsmom.com/business-opportunity/):

Judging from this "article," it looks like a number of the McDonald offspring are involved in this Ponzi scheme ministry.

Yep. I just glanced at Christa, Jessica, and Melissa's FBs and at least one of them is selling it (idr which one(s)).

So now it's plural, "the Illinois Oilers"! I can't recall who named Stacy "Illinois Oiler" elsewhere on FB but I do love it so!

So now it's plural, "the Illinois Oilers"! I can't recall who named Stacy "Illinois Oiler" elsewhere on FB but I do love it so!

The Illinois Oilers? Ponzi scheme or football team? There's enough of them for either - you decide! :D

And yes, I did have a long morning in court, so I'm a little punchy.

Well, sure! Preaching and teaching never got the Illinois Oilers an extended passenger van, and SURE never sent them to Hawaii nor Europe!

It's totally bothered me that Stacy used her position as Mrs. Pastor to build her pyramid, and you know she did. Granted, she's probably more than decent at sales, and strong-arming .... er, persuasion. But having a couple hundred sheeple who are supposed to look up to you really gives a seller a leg up.

Yep. I just glanced at Christa, Jessica, and Melissa's FBs and at least one of them is selling it (idr which one(s)).

I think Tiffany, the one in CA, is selling them as well. I'm not sure about the others, but I can see Jessica doing it. Not so much Melissa though. Don't know why, just a feeling.

“Stacy and I watched a powerful documentary last night that discussed the rapid decline of America’s middle class. Ominous information that should not be ignored! But real solutions were presented by proven, successful leaders. They shared practical answers - ways families can protect their financial security and their future. If you are interested in watching the documentary, write me privately. It was so powerful, I purchased 20 copies to share. When they are gone, they are gone.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206350644863473?pnref=story

A "documentary"! God, they're too much.

“Stacy and I watched a powerful documentary last night that discussed the rapid decline of America’s middle class. Ominous information that should not be ignored! But real solutions were presented by proven, successful leaders. They shared practical answers - ways families can protect their financial security and their future. If you are interested in watching the documentary, write me privately. It was so powerful, I purchased 20 copies to share. When they are gone, they are gone.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206350644863473?pnref=story

A "documentary"! God, they're too much.

Let me guess - it's a riveting testimony to how the smarmy marketing of essential oils can save the world. Do I win? Do I do I do I????? :lol:

Lord love a duck, will this essential oil crap never go away? I keep waiting for the whole thing to collapse permanently - but no. I guess a product that suggests a way to get rich quick, get beautiful quick, get healthy quick and make Jesus proud might be around for a while.

• 1 month later...

James posted on FB: “It is never fun to need an attorney, but it is great to have one you can call at any time!†One of his followers worried that it might be “YL related†(Young Living), but he assured her it was not.

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206725239188097?pnref=story

Hmm...

James posted on FB: “It is never fun to need an attorney, but it is great to have one you can call at any time!†One of his followers worried that it might be “YL related†(Young Living), but he assured her it was not.

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206725239188097?pnref=story

Hmm...

Snerk.....sounds like a shot across the bow -- pulpit? -- to me!

He needs to apply for the passive-aggressive hall of fame.

The Right Rev. James McDonald, BA, M.Div (in progress), VB (Vague Booker)

Oily sort.

....ETAA: James threw a little shade during this morning’s WalkTalk: “…Some sort of person out there that’s going to be tossing little darts at you, saying little things, trying to stand in your way, trying to tell you you can’t do it, you don’t have what it takes, you’re not going to be able to make it, insinuating things about you, just to try to bring you down.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206275883274480?pnref=story

I had to check in with urban dictionary to make sure I understood the term "throw shade"

throw shade: to talk trash about a friend or acquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect. When throwing shade it's immediately obvious to on-lookers that the thrower, and not the throwee, is the bitcy, uncool one

Bingo!

Well, sure! Preaching and teaching never got the Illinois Oilers an extended passenger van, and SURE never sent them to Hawaii nor Europe!

It's totally bothered me that Stacy used her position as Mrs. Pastor to build her pyramid, and you know she did. Granted, she's probably more than decent at sales, and strong-arming .... er, persuasion. But having a couple hundred sheeple who are supposed to look up to you really gives a seller a leg up.

Amen to that. And yes, I can say from personal observation, she did.

But YL may have hit the ceiling, or the saturation point, or whatever you want to call it. I've noticed on my FB feed, several YL FB "parties" or "seminars" have been scheduled by various people on my friends list, and then canceled, as if nobody showed up.

Here's the new, essential-oils-sales video Stacy made, "The Accidental Paycheck," if you can stomach listening to her voice.

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206796805577212?pnref=story

• 3 weeks later...

James and Stacy are going through more drama. Yesterday James sang “You’ve Got a Friend†to Stacy (a cappella) on the way home from a “difficult meeting.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206925340590507?pnref=story

When he posts “Loving my weaker vessel tonight,†a FB friend replies “TMI lol†and Stacy goes into full bitch mode: “THAT is not what he meant, Diana! Emotional evening. Prayers appreciated.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206924442888065?pnref=story

When he posts “Loving my weaker vessel tonight,†a FB friend replies “TMI lol†and Stacy goes into full bitch mode: “THAT is not what he meant, Diana! Emotional evening. Prayers appreciated.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10206924442888065?pnref=story

Well, this is what happens when you vague-book.

Wonder if that "difficult meeting" included sheeple turning on the Mistress of Essential Oils because they're tired of being in a pyramid scheme.

How is Stacy supposed to know that you don’t want to come to her essential oils party?

“Nobody can read minds. Open and assertive communication keeps things ‘clean’ between friends. Passive aggressive jabs are dishonest, and they foster distrust and hurt. This sort of thing is a lot more unkind than inviting someone to a Tupperware party... Whoever this woman is, I have to wonder if her very public and humiliating ‘open letter’ made the friendship with her friend any stronger. I kind of doubt it. In fact, I bet a few tears were shed... At least she won’t have to be irritated by some cheerful party invitation in her inbox again. Ever.â€

commonscentsmom.com/an-open-letter-to-my-friend-who-thinks-im-just-trying-to-sell-her-stuff/

How is Stacy supposed to know that you don’t want to come to her essential oils party?

“Nobody can read minds. Open and assertive communication keeps things ‘clean’ between friends. Passive aggressive jabs are dishonest, and they foster distrust and hurt. This sort of thing is a lot more unkind than inviting someone to a Tupperware party... Whoever this woman is, I have to wonder if her very public and humiliating ‘open letter’ made the friendship with her friend any stronger. I kind of doubt it. In fact, I bet a few tears were shed... At least she won’t have to be irritated by some cheerful party invitation in her inbox again. Ever.â€

commonscentsmom.com/an-open-letter-to-my-friend-who-thinks-im-just-trying-to-sell-her-stuff/

I like that the open letter was passive aggressive in Stacy's mind, but her totally not passive aggressive solution was just to unfollow someone who is annoying you.

...I have to wonder why the writer didn’t simply tell her friend in private, “I’m really not interested.â€

Because at that point the friendship is already in jeopardy and any sane person is busily trying to be polite -- MLM folks know this and take advantage of it.

If we’re walking through our own little village, we’re not going to roll our eyes when we pass the local baker passing out samples of his hot baked bread. “There’s my friend again trying to sell me one those donuts. Why can’t he stay inside his shop, so that I don’t have to say ‘no thank you’ when I pass by? It’s so awkward.†Get over your fear of saying “no thank you†or walk on the other side of the street, but don’t talk about him behind his back.

Such a huge difference between my baker friend offering free samples on the street to passers by and my MLM "friend" who invites me to their home for the evening so that they can present me with the latest "healthy living" product and show me how to make money from my other friends and acquaintances. The baker respects our friendship and offers me a free sample... buy, don't buy, no problem! Enjoy the donut and have a great day! The MLM "friend" has no respect for our friendship and is oh-so-willing to take advantage of it -- not interested?? How could you NOT be interested in such a healthy product? How could you NOT be interested in making money? All it takes is a little time, a little effort, and a thick skin. So what if you piss off a few people... (they probably aren't worth knowing anyway.)

Grrrrr...

You want to end a friendship with me, ask me over for an MLM presentation. I have no sympathy for her hurt feelings.

The difference between the baker and the MLM lady is this-

The baker is selling donuts to passers-by.

The MLM flogger is selling their relationships to the MLM. Every single MLM product is available somewhere else cheaper and better. Those aren't the actual product. The product is monetizing your friendships. That feels wrong and gross because it is.

Archived