IGNORED

Messianics target Ukrainian Jews

2xx1xy1JD

This article had me appalled: christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/april/messianic-judaism-flourishes-in-holocaust-towns-ukraine.html?start=1

YouTube videos showing Jesus going into a gas chamber? Using anti-semitism to lure Jews into these fake synagogues fronting for churches? Christianity Today supporting this and promoting it? That's pretty sickening.

This article had me appalled: christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/april/messianic-judaism-flourishes-in-holocaust-towns-ukraine.html?start=1

YouTube videos showing Jesus going into a gas chamber? Using anti-semitism to lure Jews into these fake synagogues fronting for churches? Christianity Today supporting this and promoting it? That's pretty sickening.

The title writer proudly claims "Messianic Judaism" flourishes in "Holocaust towns." (HOLOCAUST TOWNS?)

I don't know what to say, 2xx1xy1JD, after reading that, and getting a refresher course about rising antisemitism in Europe from the Atlantic article you linked about a week ago. 'Jesus to the gas chambers.' What?

I've been dilatory.

Christianity Today will support lots of odious stuff, but this is just the worst.

Of course, there's no way to comment on the article. I may just have to express my dismay the old-fashioned way via a LTE.

(By comparison, Ukraine has about 1.7 million evangelical Christians and more than 23 million Orthodox Christians, who constitute about half the country’s population.)

Is that really right? I know a lot of people from Ukraine, and going by how they tell it, there are a lot of atheists there, more than anything.

That article sounds like support for Christianization of people already established in their religion. Carrying on Hitler's goal of eradicating Jews.

This is sickening and ridiculous.

This angers me in a way I didn't think possible. So wrong.

DGayle you are right there are a lot of Athiests as well as many Catholics. When you think back about what went on in Central Europe during the Hilter regime (I know so much is glossed over in school), this is just like trying to throw their growth back.

I can't wait until the OMG I'M A Christian bubble bursts. I am not talking about normal real Christians. I am talking about the fundie bullshit here like the duggars, bates and also the extreme crazies who will go to war for it. These people will jump on any platform to spread their beloved word without a care in the world on who it damages. :cray-cray:

This is sickening and ridiculous.

This angers me in a way I didn't think possible. So wrong.

I know it's wrong, but I laughed when I saw that. (I probably have the most disfigured conscience on this board.)

Seriously - Holocaust towns? Did someone just type the term Holo....or forget it!

Not that long ago, the OP discussed an article in the Atlantic which asked if the Jews should leave Europe (article written by Jeffrey Goldberg). The article is now behind a pay wall, but of course I saved two copies of it - one digital, the other on paper - to place in one of the many binders full of this I have. They're on steel racks filling walls of a room.

From the Atlantic article:

On the morning of March 19, 2012, a man named Mohamed Merah, a French citizen of Algerian descent, parked his motorbike in front of the entrance of a Jewish school in Toulouse called Ozar Hatorah, which is in a placid residential neighborhood not far from the city center. Merah, who had been radicalized in a French prison and trained in an al-Qaeda camp in Pakistan, dismounted and almost immediately began firing a 9 mm pistol at students and the parents who were dropping them off. He killed a 30-year-old rabbi and his two sons, who were 3 and 6 years old. Merah then walked into the schoolyard, shooting at students. He chased down an 8-year-old girl named Myriam Monsonego, catching her by the hair. Merah held her down and placed his 9 mm to her head, but the weapon jammed. He switched to another handgun, pressed it against her head, and fired. The sound of shooting had brought the school’s principal to the school yard. Yaacov Monsonego arrived to see Merah execute his daughter.

That pissed me off. Because of the heroic amount of tranquilizer I'm prescribed - I assume it's to keep me from totally 'losing my shit' one day - it's hard to piss me off that much - but that pissed me off more than anything else I've encountered in nearly two decades.

His first pistol failed, so he switched weapons - the man who shot an eight-year-old.

The only thing that actually pissed me off more than reading that was something I saw once - well, actually, several somethings, but this was among a couple that stood out for their total lack of anything remotely resembling human decency.

On the scale of "bad things," that about equals turning to a subordinate and asking for her pistol because his seized- due to poor maintenance; was that fucking rust, seriously? - while trying to kill men. Both individuals shared the blame; him, her, and then both of them for breaking into a stupid argument in front of men waiting their turn to die.

Should the Jews leave Europe? If it's people such as that stalking after them, then yes - take Israel up on its offer and get the fuck out of there.

Fuck these people. Just fuck them right to hell. I can't even articulate anything more than that.

Fuck these people. Just fuck them right to hell. I can't even articulate anything more than that.

The one thing that stood out for me was how restrained the guards in that film were towards the would be inmates (among others). The filmmakers did a great job of sanitizing genocide:

The scene where one of the men fell - that would have earned him a rifle butt to the head, or death. Good things Jesus helped him up, though...BARF.

“The Jews for Jesus video is a cynical abuse of the Holocaust for purposes of proselytizing,†said Abraham Foxman, ADL’s national director and a Holocaust survivor in a statement issued Wednesday. “It is deeply offensive not only to Jews who lost family members in the Holocaust, but also to Christians who would not want to see images of Jesus used for propaganda or shock value.â€

Word. :pink-shock:

I left a comment. It's not my usual snarky comment whenever I come across this nonsense ("Messianic Jews are Baptists in sheep's clothing") but I was surely tempted.

There's a word that should be used to describe these so-called "Messianic Jews." That word is CHRISTIAN. To call them anything else is deceptive.

I left a comment. It's not my usual snarky comment whenever I come across this nonsense ("Messianic Jews are Baptists in sheep's clothing") but I was surely tempted.

Oooh, I left a comment too - along with my actual name - the one that appears on my birth certificate - and a graphic description of what is wrong with their video. It will never see the light of day; those chickenshits moderate the comments.

I am horrified. I waited to click this thread, I'm still trying to absorb this information. I live in such a little bubble of ignorance sometimes.

Archived