IGNORED

Duggar compound in 20+ years?

Freefundies

Long time lurker first time poster. (I actually posted this on a different thread but it might be more applicable here idk)

I didn't realize this until just recently but I live one town over from the IBLP headquarters and literally pass it everyday on my way to college. My friends and I went exploring around there once and got told to leave, but thats another story in and of itself. I went to a religious grade school and there was a fundie-lite family that attended it, their daughter who is a year younger than I am recently got married and more than likely already expecting. :think: Theres been numerous reports of abuse there and of some girls escaping. All of its reviews on yelp say its a cult. :shock:

Does anyone know for sure if the duggars are involved with it? I know the bates are.

This also makes me wonder how long the IBLP/ATI movement will actually last.

Do you by any chance go to Wheaton? My baby brother just graduated from there last year and I know he had some run ins with IBLP

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you by any chance go to Wheaton? My baby brother just graduated from there last year and I know he had some run ins with IBLP

I go to elmhurst, I havent run into any IBLP there. I can remember in high school though there would once in while be a man standing outside the front door of the school handing out tracts that said "no school friday!" and it would be an invitation to come to an event. I can't remember 100% if it was IBLP but its something they wouldve done to attract young kids. :snooty:

Olivet Nazarene University is in that neck of the woods as well, I believe.

AFAIK he didn't have any run ins actually at or affiliated with the college but his freshman roommate was somehow related to someone big at IBLP and my brother went with him to a funeral of this family member at IBLP headquarters (he had never heard of it before) and ended up meeting Gothard briefly. He said he got a freaky feeling from the whole thing.

Long time lurker first time poster. (I actually posted this on a different thread but it might be more applicable here idk)

I didn't realize this until just recently but I live one town over from the IBLP headquarters and literally pass it everyday on my way to college. My friends and I went exploring around there once and got told to leave, but thats another story in and of itself. I went to a religious grade school and there was a fundie-lite family that attended it, their daughter who is a year younger than I am recently got married and more than likely already expecting. :think: Theres been numerous reports of abuse there and of some girls escaping. All of its reviews on yelp say its a cult. :shock:

Does anyone know for sure if the duggars are involved with it? I know the bates are.

This also makes me wonder how long the IBLP/ATI movement will actually last.

The Duggars are very involved and travel about speaking at ATI/IBLP conferences. In the very first special you can see the Duggars going to the yearly ATI conference.

[bBvideo 560,340:1xj6px6n]

[/bBvideo]

At 4:10 you can see their "ATI Bound" sign.

19 Kids and Zombies

Imagine the talking heads!

Archived