IGNORED

Duggar compound in 20+ years?

Freefundies

After looking at the blueprints, did I miss their school room? And I saw they are remodeling the girls room, maybe the sewing room will be Janas new room, since she's kinda the RA. And in the boys room, they should at least give JD the studio.

I have a 23 yr old college student and working son who lives at home, privately in his own space in the finished basement ( he's saving for a house) . If I said hey your 16 yr old brother is moving down there, he'd split. Those days are over.

I never see the boobs having an empty nest though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JimChelle still with ATI. I can never see them leaving. They're too invested.

Josie will be what? Jana age. Josie will forever be baby josie still trying to be cute and never leaving home. Jana will be 45, hopefully not at home unmarried being Cinderella. Josh will be 47 still married to Anna with kids in double digits. Jill will be 43, Derrick 45 and baby dilly 20. Hopefully Baby dilly gets a decent education. Jillard has under 10 kids when things get tough. I hope Joy escapes. I just can't see her putting up with this lifestyle.

JimChelle still with ATI. I can never see them leaving. They're too invested.

Josie will be what? Jana age. Josie will forever be baby josie still trying to be cute and never leaving home. Jana will be 45, hopefully not at home unmarried being Cinderella. Josh will be 47 still married to Anna with kids in double digits. Jill will be 43, Derrick 45 and baby dilly 20. Hopefully Baby dilly gets a decent education. Jillard has under 10 kids when things get tough. I hope Joy escapes. I just can't see her putting up with this lifestyle.

Josh, Jessa, Ben and... I think have figured it's easier to ride coattails, the Duggar name and TLC show than the alternative of working a real job for a salary that would match their educations and skill sets, minimum wage. Jill is swimming in the deep end and it appears that Derick has, for now, joined her. Ditto Anna, but IMO, Anna is the most "grounded" of the group. I think she would be fine living like she did as a youngster.

I think what we are seeing that as the Duggar kids "age out", they are coming to the realization that it's easier to live by JB's rule and with his resources (money, homes, cars, connections) than going it alone on the poverty level.

What is a good-bye room? Who puts a guest room behind a laundry room? Where is the door to the master room?

The TTH's design speaks volumes.

The girls' suite includes a sewing room. It's near the master suite and Michelle's office.

The boys' suite includes a studio. They're on the other side of the house. No parental room on their side.

None of this is an accident.

I thought I heard them say there were 9 bathrooms, I only counted 8. And what's up with a half bath next to the dining room? Ewww

I thought I heard them say there were 9 bathrooms, I only counted 8. And what's up with a half bath next to the dining room? Ewww

Its such a weird place for a bathroom. Its like my friend's house, I swear whoever built the house was on drugs, there is a bathroom just off the kitchen.

There's a small room off the living room that is next to the clothes closet. I think that is a bathroom. Remember that episode with the stopped up toilet? I'm pretty that was the bathroom.

Also, yes, that's a weird place to put a toilet. Blugh.

Bizarre considering how many kids they have to do the work, and how much money they have to pay to do the work.

There was an ep a few years back where they put in "fruit trees" (which ended up being Bradford Pears or Crabapples or Osage Oranges or some other decorative non-edible fruit), and in the time it took eight Duggar males to dig two 18-inch-deep holes with bulldozers or backhoes or earth drills, three workers with shovels and picks and muscles managed to dig another 22 holes. Haven't heard anything about the trees or seen them since.

But yes, they are horribly lazy and wouldn't maintain fruit trees or other landscaping even if they had it.

In 20 years the kids Jackson on down will be using TTH as a safehouse as they fight off the zombie apocalypse. :D

I seem to recall reading in the bowels of Free Jinger that one of those toilets is possibly kiddie-sized.

I didn't even know you could get kiddie sized toilets? Wow learn something new every day!

Spot on...

Or Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? with Josie as Baby Jane and Michelle as Blanche.

I didn't even know you could get kiddie sized toilets? Wow learn something new every day!

I've seen them in kindergarten classrooms. I don't know if the Duggars have one, though.

Its a shame Jessa didn't marry a teenage landscaper instead of a douchy aspiring theologian. I guess someone needs to marry Lawson Bates, so Lawson's Lawn Care can finally get the yard into shape.

In 20 years the kids Jackson on down will be using TTH as a safehouse as they fight off the zombie apocalypse. :D

Finally, a Duggar TV show that I want to see

JB will transform it I to an Alert camp. The Duggar camp for wayward children. Also there will be a Duggar family graveyard.

And perhaps Duggarwood Amusement Park with bible themed rides, Their OWN version of the creation museum that includes JB and Michelle riding dinosaurs. And it will all be centered around an abortion vs. Holocaust museum.

In 20 years, Bill Gothard will be 100. If he lives that long. I somehow doubt ATI/IBLP will go on for very long following his death. But you never know; the Duggars just may start their own similar organization........which hopefully will carefully re-evaluate all the rules that people here have lived in bondage over and came to FJ for therapy. And, they have to find a way to make it look better than "camp for wayward children". No one wants to be labelled "wayward" so that would totally backfire. Probably a similar term as one I read on Recovering Grace; "encouragement case".

This thread was fun to read. But I think there's more underlying strong-willed-ness that is yet to come out. Stay tuned.......

Michelle will need to have her sole true purpose - baybeeeeezzz forever. For that reason she and boob will build an extension on the grounds of the TTH. They likely will have JD build several other houses, possibly even connected residences with a single kitchen (ie polygamist compound) for the lost boys to hole up in with their wives. The main TTH will go to Josh, likely after he moves back to arkansas to try for political office.

I think they likely will adopt, keeping the brood going a few more years post Josie, but maybe only one or two. Michelle doesnt really want to raise the children and without the army of J'slaves she cant do it. The only solution is a compound where the families can raise the kids and she can play with them when she isnt calling into radio shows.

I would not put it past boob to open up a mega church.

Its such a weird place for a bathroom. Its like my friend's house, I swear whoever built the house was on drugs, there is a bathroom just off the kitchen.

Ditto in my house, and it's the most vile thing ever. Swear, the kitchen bar is to the left and two feet to the right, BOOM, bathroom door. If you leave that door open, I will glare at you until I kill you with my eyes. Seriously it's disgusting. Why anyone would consciously choose that is beyond me.

In 20 years, Bill Gothard will be 100. If he lives that long. I somehow doubt ATI/IBLP will go on for very long following his death. But you never know; the Duggars just may start their own similar organization........which hopefully will carefully re-evaluate all the rules that people here have lived in bondage over and came to FJ for therapy. And, they have to find a way to make it look better than "camp for wayward children". No one wants to be labelled "wayward" so that would totally backfire. Probably a similar term as one I read on Recovering Grace; "encouragement case".

This thread was fun to read. But I think there's more underlying strong-willed-ness that is yet to come out. Stay tuned.......

With Gothard, you could probably make him look just as creepy as he does now with taxidermy. As long as he stops doing appearances at ATI events, they could have him bringing out new stuff for years to come.

Long time lurker first time poster. (I actually posted this on a different thread but it might be more applicable here idk)

I didn't realize this until just recently but I live one town over from the IBLP headquarters and literally pass it everyday on my way to college. My friends and I went exploring around there once and got told to leave, but thats another story in and of itself. I went to a religious grade school and there was a fundie-lite family that attended it, their daughter who is a year younger than I am recently got married and more than likely already expecting. :think: Theres been numerous reports of abuse there and of some girls escaping. All of its reviews on yelp say its a cult. :shock:

Does anyone know for sure if the duggars are involved with it? I know the bates are.

This also makes me wonder how long the IBLP/ATI movement will actually last.

The Duggars are heavily involved in IBLP/ATI, but they keep that quiet on the show. They attend the Big Sandy homeschooling conference every year (IIRC, they're there right now), they frequently send their children to ALERT and Journey to the Heart, and they wear flip-flops in accordance with the teachings of Gothard.

For the interested - yelp.com/biz/institute-in-basic-life-principles-hinsdale (I don't know the area, but the picture seems suitably HQ)

The first review doesn't pull punches. :shock:

The Duggars are heavily involved in IBLP/ATI, but they keep that quiet on the show. They attend the Big Sandy homeschooling conference every year (IIRC, they're there right now), they frequently send their children to ALERT and Journey to the Heart, and they wear flip-flops in accordance with the teachings of Gothard.

For the interested - yelp.com/biz/institute-in-basic-life-principles-hinsdale (I don't know the area, but the picture seems suitably HQ)

The first review doesn't pull punches. :shock:

:laughing-rolling:

Archived