IGNORED

Duggar compound in 20+ years?

Freefundies

They could easily modify the house to fit either two adult married couples and their brood, or one adult married couple and all of the not-yet-married/live-in/spinster siblings. In ten years, at least half of the original kids will have married or moved out, and Baby Josie will be fifteen, so I could see them seriously considering a transition of some sort. They will probably slap up new houses on the property for at least some of the new couples.

I do think it would make a great retreat center, but don't give them any ideas.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/DuggarFloorPlan.pdf

What is a good-bye room? Who puts a guest room behind a laundry room? Where is the door to the master room?

What is a good-bye room? Who puts a guest room behind a laundry room? Where is the door to the master room?

That floor plan is a mess. The good-bye room is the back door to the main parking area; the elliptical is in there. The pantry, etc, would be the garage in a normal house.

This. Plus, it's not even a guest room, i.e. only occasionally in use. That must be Grandma Mary's room!

This. Plus, it's not even a guest room, i.e. only occasionally in use. That must be Grandma Mary's room!

That is her room. At least Alice, whose room was by the laundry room, was actually hired help. I bet the Bradys saw Alice as family more than the Duggars see Mary as family.

Am I seeing things or are there two toilets right next to each other off of the playroom? I'm assuming there is some sort of dividing wall....maybe....hopefully!

That is her room. At least Alice, whose room was by the laundry room, was actually hired help. I bet the Bradys saw Alice as family more than the Duggars see Mary as family.

Your comment made me lol. That house is such a wtf custom job that nobody could use it the way it is except another QF family.

I agree with so many responses above. I do think as they are heading into their 70's that they will probably head to the downstairs bedroom and hand the house over to the kid who has provided nearly the most grandkids. I also think sometimes people have a change of heart in their older years (no longer can handle all that activity/noise) and they may just end up in the house Jessa/Ben live in now as it is smaller easier to keep and near to the main compound to check on others. I also think that several of the kids may eventually build homes on the compound as well (I could see 5 to 7 houses there in 20 years with Josie probably living in one as I don't see them letting her get far away from them). The house would also work well as a religious retreat but as stated above lets not bring in any more cultish types.

I agree with so many responses above. I do think as they are heading into their 70's that they will probably head to the downstairs bedroom and hand the house over to the kid who has provided nearly the most grandkids. I also think sometimes people have a change of heart in their older years (no longer can handle all that activity/noise) and they may just end up in the house Jessa/Ben live in now as it is smaller easier to keep and near to the main compound to check on others. I also think that several of the kids may eventually build homes on the compound as well (I could see 5 to 7 houses there in 20 years with Josie probably living in one as I don't see them letting her get far away from them). The house would also work well as a religious retreat but as stated above lets not bring in any more cultish types.

The little house is GM Mary's...she might sign it away to a church or charity organization. Or maybe she'll will it to Amy.

I think once 19 Kids and Counting goes off the air, and people start to forget about the Duggars, things will go south and they will sell off the property to a church (I think it could be a great retreat place) and move into a smaller, more affordable home. I don't see them keeping the property after their fame is over.

20 years? They'll have John install an elevator for them because Grandma Mary will be back in the bedroom behind the laundry room (seriously??? the 'guest room' is through the laundry? no wonder she's on permanent laundry jurisdiction) still plugging along.

Michelle and JB will host endless rounds of GrandDuggars, host parties and such.

Josie will still be living in the girl's room because as precious as she is, she's going to be harder to marry off than Jana and John are.

end snark.

kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/DuggarFloorPlan.pdf

Sweet, thanks!

God, that house is weird! Weirder than I remember.

Hmm, maybe they could make the sewing room and Michelle's office into bedrooms at some point.

I can see a lot of possible outcomes, but the one I really need to see involves Boob being paralyzed in fear as he is pushed wildly through the house by Izzy or maybe Baby Seeweed on an office chair. 'Cause you reap what you sow, Boob.

Am I seeing things or are there two toilets right next to each other off of the playroom? I'm assuming there is some sort of dividing wall....maybe....hopefully!

I seem to recall reading in the bowels of Free Jinger that one of those toilets is possibly kiddie-sized.

I think in 15 years or so, Grandma Mary will have gone to great laundry room in the sky, and JB and Michelle will move into her room on the ground floor. Jill & Derrick will have the largest quiver so will be upstairs with their brood. If Precious Snowflake Josie and any of the lost girls haven't been married off yet, they will be stuck sleeping in the giant girl's room with their Dillard nieces.

bold = :lol:

I still wouldn't put it past them to have a post-50 baby (conceived with treatment, but claimed as a "miracle") and stick that poor kid with looking after them in their old age. If that doesn't work, then Josie/Jordyn.

So, in 20 years, 2035, Anna will be almost 47, Jill will be 44, and Jessa will be 42.

If Anna continues to have a kid every 2 years, she might have M#14 early in the year. But I would bet her fertility slows down well before then and that she won't get pregnant after 43ish. Therefore, Anna and Josh will probably only have about 12 kids, if that, in 20 years.

If Jill and Jessa have the same fertility as their mother, with an average time between births of 16.6 months, and assuming no twins, by the end of 2035 Jill will have had 16 kids and Jessa 15, pregnant with #16. They might have one or two babies in them at that point, but I suspect they will be done having kids by the time they are both 45.

Again, all of that assumes Anna continues her current pace of having kids and that Jill and Jessa are as fertile as their mother, which is not always the case. So far, though, they seem be pretty fertile.

Yes, one of the bathrooms has two toilets, side by side. There are pictures of it somewhere. I remember that caused quite a bit of discussion on TWOP.

That house would be too difficult to remodel. It was always a terrible set-up and I questioned when they built it what they would do with it in the future. Also I seriously, seriously doubt the King and Queen would allow themselves to be pushed into Mary's old room. If they stay on in the TTH either they will stay in their current bedroom or else they will partition the living room somehow into a master bedroom.

Does anybody have any idea about the longevity of these build-it-yourself kit houses? I wonder if they will just abandon it entirely or use it for storage while building a new ranch style home for their retirement so they won't have to worry about stairs.

Has anyone else ever noticed that they do not have any landscaping? That huge house and not a flower bed or shrub to be found?

Has anyone else ever noticed that they do not have any landscaping? That huge house and not a flower bed or shrub to be found?

They've had landscaping put in, more than once, IIRC. They refuse to care for anything.

JB will transform it I to an Alert camp. The Duggar camp for wayward children. Also there will be a Duggar family graveyard.

And perhaps Duggarwood Amusement Park with bible themed rides, Their OWN version of the creation museum that includes JB and Michelle riding dinosaurs. And it will all be centered around an abortion vs. Holocaust museum.

They've had landscaping put in, more than once, IIRC. They refuse to care for anything.

Bizarre considering how many kids they have to do the work, and how much money they have to pay to do the work.

Does anyone remember the Friends episode where Monica and Rachel have swapped apartments with the boys after loosing a bet? Monica is baking cookies and doing up the boys apartment because she is always the hostess. "The other kids always came to my imaginary tea parties."

That is how I see Michelle. She will never leave the TTH. She will stay there, hosting every mega ATI family passing through the area. Of course, she will keep daughters and/or daughters-in-law around to do the actually work but it will be her house, so she will be the hostess. If she reaches a point of not being able to manage the stairs, the wardrobe room won't be necessary once they are down to the last few kids so that could become a bedroom. Knocking through a wall would turn the downstairs bathroom into an ensuite for them. Alternately, and probably more likely, she would just use a stair master.

It wouldn't be so hard to remodel though, would it? Divide up those two huge bedrooms into three each - then with J&M's room and the prayer room you've got eight upstairs rooms. That would then complement the downstairs space quite well.

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the kids will approach even half of their parents' brood. Anna and Josh aren't super-fertile and Josh clearly thinks his family is big enough. Jill would be heading that way but has made a disastrous start and I can't see her getting into double figures now. Jessa - no way. For Jana it's probably too late now, she'd be late twenties when she started. Jinger and Siah - I really don't think so.

That leaves Joy who might do it while anyone still cares (I'm sure Boob would only give the big house to a child who could keep the money rolling in). The little girls are too young and the rest of the boys - meh.

I am thinking that Jill won't make it to double figures now either. If her next birth is a c-section again, she will struggle making it to 8 and I have the feeling all of her babies are going to be large. Josh is clearly over having babies, but Anna isn't. Slow and steady wins the race sometimes, but I doubt she'll have more than 10, maybe 12 if she ever gets her long desired twins or God forbid, triplets (that may kill Josh off though). My thought has always been on Joy or one of the more obscure kids giving Jim and Michelle a run for their money kid wise. However, I don't EVER see Jim and Michelle giving up their bedroom to one of their kids, not while they're both alive at least. It would be hilarious if Grandma Duggar leaves her house to Amy.

As much as I would love to see the Duggars grow a large vegetable garden and orchard, I've read before that since they're right by the dump that might be deterring them from doing so? They could still raise some chickens and keep landscaping up though.

Archived