IGNORED

Duggar compound in 20+ years?

Freefundies

I'm new to the forum and in all honesty relatively new to 19+C. I've seen most of S9 and 10 and a few of the older versions in replay. My question is about what you see for the future of their home in 20 or so years from now. The house works for how they live today with all those kids. However, in 20+ years Josie will probably be married (and we may get the occasional TV special showing the family and where they are then) but who do you think will have the house?

As JB & M get on in age, 20+ years gets them in their 70's, that is a large house to have to clean without the Jslaves. Granted they may have many grandkids visiting them often and helping out but that will only last so long as well. I'm not overly sure of the layout but I believe Mary has a room downstairs as she now lives there so do think that JB & M may eventually end up in that room (given that Mary may have passed on by then) or do you believe that they may hand the house over to another one of their children and family?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it doesn't get wiped out by a tornado, it's a good property/house for the family to keep. Especially as the number of grandkids gets larger and larger, it could make for a pretty good retreat for holidays and weddings (of which there'll be more and more) considering the insane kitchen, etc. I wouldn't be super surprised to see it taken over by Dill or the upkeep allotted to JD and his future wife.

ITA, i think it's going to be handed on to the one with the biggest family and/or most willing to take care of JB & M in their old age.

They'll have a rotation of grandkids cleaning it "for practice." Then, when they die, it'll get sold and the money split among the kids, maybe even just the sons.

Jimbob will turn it into a museum celebrating his holy dick and the things that his Godly dick helped create (the things also known as his children)

Whoever has the largest quiver in 20 years will get it. Probably Jill. I used to think Josh will get it, but I'm not so sure now. Josh and Anna aren't going to have the number of kids to justify it.

I do think they will start building more homes on the property at some point. It will likely be cheaper than buying homes for all of the kids to live in.

It could be a compound for a polygamous family. :romance-threesome::romance-grouphug: After all, polygamy is in the Bible, so it's not like JB could object on religious grounds.

I suspect that it will be given to either whoever is NOT married, so all the kids have a place to live OR to whomever has the largest quiver.

I expect the land to be developed and other homes built on it for the Duggar Families who stay in AR.

I'd like for them to have a working garden for all their produce needs but I'm dreaming.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to raise Alpacas for the wool and make a tidy profit.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to set aside some land and board horses for others for a profit.

Etc etc

However up thread someone mentioned Grey Gardens and that is a total possibility.

I suspect that it will be given to either whoever is NOT married, so all the kids have a place to live OR to whomever has the largest quiver.

I expect the land to be developed and other homes built on it for the Duggar Families who stay in AR.

I'd like for them to have a working garden for all their produce needs but I'm dreaming.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to raise Alpacas for the wool and make a tidy profit.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to set aside some land and board horses for others for a profit.

Etc etc

However up thread someone mentioned Grey Gardens and that is a total possibility.

Bwahhh- what you have described involves work. The Duggars, aside from Jana and JD, do not seem too interested in actual work, not the manuel kind, which they might be skilled enough to do, or the white collar type which they are NOT educated enough to do.

In 20 years everyone will be married off and Jboob and Mullet will need to be taken care of. I suspect that this chore would normally fall upon Josie or one of the lost girls. However, I'm betting it'll fall to whomever has the largest quiver. Probably Jessa. I would pick Jill if I weren't fairly certain she would do something careless and stupid and die in childbirth with Dilly #2 or #3.

It could be a compound for a polygamous family. :romance-threesome::romance-grouphug: After all, polygamy is in the Bible, so it's not like JB could object on religious grounds.

The TTH doesn't have enough rooms for that. Really, they didn't think about future through beyond MAWR BAAAIIIBBBBEEEES! when they built it.

It really is only good for a ginormous family. They'd need to seriously remodel the place to make it more useful as anything else.

I used to have the floor plan that someone on I think TWOP shared, but I don't remember where I put it.

It wouldn't be so hard to remodel though, would it? Divide up those two huge bedrooms into three each - then with J&M's room and the prayer room you've got eight upstairs rooms. That would then complement the downstairs space quite well.

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the kids will approach even half of their parents' brood. Anna and Josh aren't super-fertile and Josh clearly thinks his family is big enough. Jill would be heading that way but has made a disastrous start and I can't see her getting into double figures now. Jessa - no way. For Jana it's probably too late now, she'd be late twenties when she started. Jinger and Siah - I really don't think so.

That leaves Joy who might do it while anyone still cares (I'm sure Boob would only give the big house to a child who could keep the money rolling in). The little girls are too young and the rest of the boys - meh.

Jimbob will turn it into a museum celebrating his holy dick and the things that his Godly dick helped create (the things also known as his children)

I truly love honest, gritty snark like this. We need more of it.

Lmfao

Funny but I've wondered this too. I think Jana will stay single and be the one running the house and eventually caring for her parents in their old age. The house will go to Jana, and she'll be the matriarch. There will be lots of Duggars in and out of that house at all times. Even if Jana is single, she'll never be alone.

Edited to add: I can still see M and JB being very active people into their 70s.

In 20 years everyone will be married off and Jboob and Mullet will need to be taken care of. I suspect that this chore would normally fall upon Josie or one of the lost girls. However, I'm betting it'll fall to whomever has the largest quiver. Probably Jessa. I would pick Jill if I weren't fairly certain she would do something careless and stupid and die in childbirth with Dilly #2 or #3.

The TTH looks like a death trap as it is. I can't imagine being an elderly person and trying to navigate that house, unless they put in an elevator and made some other improvements to make it more senior-friendly. Plus, they'd have to maintain it, which is easy if you have a baseball team of kids to work for pennies in jurisdiction, but not so easy if you're 70+ with arthritis and other health problems. A more likely scenario would have JB and Michelle giving the house to whoever has the largest quiver and moving to a smaller house close by that they also own.

I think in 15 years or so, Grandma Mary will have gone to great laundry room in the sky, and JB and Michelle will move into her room on the ground floor. Jill & Derrick will have the largest quiver so will be upstairs with their brood. If Precious Snowflake Josie and any of the lost girls haven't been married off yet, they will be stuck sleeping in the giant girl's room with their Dillard nieces.

As the number of kids at home shrinks, the house will probably be used at first to host kids and grandkids. As others have said, they will keep building homes on the property. And eventually the house will probably go to whoever has the most kids and the highest charisma/ability to attract and retain followers. Probably Jill.

But I think eventually they will turn the compound into a retreat center, and host Christian retreats there, where they can indoctrinate people to their beliefs and solidify/extremify the beliefs of those already in Quiverfull. I'm not sure whether they'll continue to live there at that point; probably, to serve as examples to their flock, and because they will all still want to live near each other. It's actually kind of idyllic and utopian when you forget about the misogyny, control, slavery, etc.

People have said that Benessa is trying to become the next Christian power couple, but really it's Michelle and Jim Bob. They're already there, in some ways. They just need to write some more books and start hosting retreats. With the disgrace of Gothard, they're poised to take over the Quiverfull movement. And they can lead by example in a way Gothard never could.

When this happens, the movement will solidify into something so self-contained it's even harder to leave. I'm not sure whether it will stabilize and last, or whether it will become even crazier than it already is and morph into a huge cult that follows the directives of Jim Bob. Probably the latter. He will be the one to select husbands for every girl in the cult, even those unrelated to him, and families will not have their own finances but instead will entrust their money to him, etc etc. And then hopefully their will be a government raid that will rescue all the kids.

And we can say we were watching from the (relative) beginning! Actually... we'd probably be the ones to alert the Feds.

Funny but I've wondered this too. I think Jana will stay single and be the one running the house and eventually caring for her parents in their old age. The house will go to Jana, and she'll be the matriarch. There will be lots of Duggars in and out of that house at all times. Even if Jana is single, she'll never be alone.

Edited to add: I can still see M and JB being very active people into their 70s.

20 years from now M & JB will only be about 70, it may sound reaaaaallly old, but it's not anymore. I guess that's because I'm closer to that age group... Mick Jagger is 71, Paul McCartney 72, ... still out there rocking it. Grandma Mary is 74 and may live another 20 yrs... So it 30 yrs. when JB & M are about 80, then things might be changing at the TTH. I think they will split up the house and make it a 2 family with apt. for M & JB..... unless someone has a mega family..

The TTH doesn't have enough rooms for that. Really, they didn't think about future through beyond MAWR BAAAIIIBBBBEEEES! when they built it.

It really is only good for a ginormous family. They'd need to seriously remodel the place to make it more useful as anything else.

I used to have the floor plan that someone on I think TWOP shared, but I don't remember where I put it.

kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/DuggarFloorPlan.pdf

They will probably go live in the little room Bin lived in and use the main house as a Museum. :lol:

One thing I find interesting is that way back when JB said that he had bought enough land that each child could build a house and have one acre per family. A true compound. I laugh at the chaos that would bring. I doubt it will ever happen. Well maybe one day. Until then he was able to swipe up quite a few homes during the economic down turn for now, but down the road who knows.

I truly love honest, gritty snark like this. We need more of it.

Lmfao

I thought of this song with ILoveJellybeans's post, and I'm taking eri's comment is a sign from god that I should share

a little bit nsfw

[bBvideo 560,340:170mx51x]

[/bBvideo]

omg I hadn't ever seen the video and it's more fitting than I could imagine -- way too long, though -- song starts @ 2:50, godly dick joke around 3:40

Archived