IGNORED

Who is Mike Schadt?

halcionne

On 2/10/2016 at 11:07 AM, CharlieScoop said:

I made up a facebook account to contact his stepsister last friday. As of this morning, she finally read it. Waiting to see if he responds before I message her again. 

I wonder if she will?

If you're not friends with her, facebook will give her an option to read and reply, read and not allow you to message her again, or ignore your messages all together. If she hasn't replied but she's read it, she probably stuck you on the "don't message me again" list.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you have not put yourself our as speaking on behalf of Free Jinger during this. 

I'm personally not comfortable with this situation. 

• Upvote 18

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic
13 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Sharing things from private messages, even paraphrased, is against the TOU.

Yes it is, and speculating/creating rumors regarding minors is not okay either.

As has been said repeatedly we cant control what people do on their own, nor would we want to, but people can't 

bring stuff that violates our TOU here.  

• Upvote 5

Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea that we applaud anyone affiliated with the Duggars just because they deviate outside the the family's beliefs. Mike Schadt may have admitted that kissing until marriage was never in the Bible, but he was still all too happy to cozy up to the family. 

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

What was the date on her youtube comment? Anyone know?

The comment was copied here in early February, and YouTube noted it then as 8 months old, so you could get a rough estimate of the date.

So basically before the Ashley Madison stuff hit the press. But after the molestation made news.

23 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

So basically before the Ashley Madison stuff hit the press. But after the molestation made news.

Not again ... :( 

42 minutes ago, Finduilas said:

Not again ... :( 

??

What am I missing?

I am just worried of another 'inappropriate touching' scandal. That's all ^^

Ohh, okay. I was worried I was saying things that shouldn't be said or something.

On 4/23/2015 at 5:54 PM, halcionne said:

A quick aside: I happened to look at soshope.org pretty soon after looking at Gospel for Asia, gfa.org/ and as a person with next to no knowledge about missionary work, except a sense of what Free Jinger tends to think qualifies as meaningful charity work versus voluntourism, the difference between the two sites is striking. SOS doesn't seem to be doing much, while GFA does, imo. Thoughts?

Nope. Just nope on GFA. I almost posted something a few months ago, but wasn't sure that GFA was fundy enough to be of interest. 

They've been falling under a lot of fire lately for both the controlling and allegedly spiritually abusive office environment here in North America, misleading fundraising tactics and some seriously shady (very possibly illegal) financial practices. They recently lost their ECFA endorsement. 

Warren Throckmorton at Patheos has been following/reporting their downward spiral and a group called the GFA diaspora had posted the testimony of a lot of former missionary/employees.

They're very good at making their work in Asia sound strategic, efficient and productive. After reading a free book (by founder KP Yohanan) that I had requested,  I considered financially sponsoring one of their native missionaries,  but I had a twinge of hesitation and ultimately decided not to contribute. I'm so glad that I didn't get involved. 

Warren's latest on GFA: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2016/03/31/gospel-for-asia-has-changed-some-promises-to-admit-they-can-spend-donations-as-they-want/

GFA Diaspora: http://www.gfadiaspora.com/

32 minutes ago, Finduilas said:

I am just worried of another 'inappropriate touching' scandal. That's all ^^

Well we already know there is tons of that in those circles - JB said it himself.  Better to have them brought to light.

Not related to the stepsister stuff but he probably makes a lot more than that base salary (either through those "functional expenses" or some other way) when you consider other benefits, I mean LOTS of different denominations and churches pay for the housing and the food of their pastors/priests/church leaders so that $60k might all be fun money if the org. is paying for everything he needs. I mean, ISB, but I know its somewhat common for pastors to have expenses paid for through the church and not necessarily count toward salary.

And the IRS would never audit a church, so if that is the case he probably feels pretty comfortable that know one will ever know.

On 2/5/2016 at 5:44 PM, Artemesia said:

Is it wrong that this reminds me of an old "I Love Lucy" episode Friends of the Friendless?

It is not, and I have been searching pictures of them since I started this thread!

• 3 years later...

So, Pickles says she has the scoop on the step-sister being molested by Pastor Schadt.  Seems we covered this 3 years ago. 
Funny that Pickles is protecting the victim's privacy this time since she doesn't seem to have a problem with the privacy of others. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Funny that Pickles is protecting the victim's privacy this time since she doesn't seem to have a problem with the privacy of others. 

There was a thread on Reddit yesterday that discussed the allegations following Schadt’s victim speaking about the abuse on twitter. Pickles copypasta’d the info from that thread, including their warning about respecting privacy.

More importantly, Schadt is gross. This situation is both awful and eye opening: the Duggars and Bateses’ social circle is absolutely swarming with abusers.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

My god it is rife in fundamentalism. Poor woman, watching his scummy smarm all these years on 19k&c. 

• Upvote 4

So this is the dude that married the Seewalds, and wasn't he and his group the organizers of the Dillards’  missioncation in scary Central America in 2015?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

This guy sounds like a real "winner." Change one letter of his name...Mike Schidt, and I mean that in the "nicest" possible way.

• Upvote 4

Who makes up the Schadt family? Didn’t a Fundie with the last nana me Schadt recently get married? Are they related? 

• Upvote 1

Well, well, well, very prescient of a few previous posters on this thread. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who makes up the Schadt family? Didn’t a Fundie with the last nana me Schadt recently get married? Are they related? 

Would that be his son Levi?  I know he recently had a baby.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.