IGNORED

Who is Mike Schadt?

halcionne

More Duggar ponderings, leaking into the main snark board. Move it if appropriate, mods.

Mike Schadt is the pastor who married Ben and Jessa. We're getting a lot of mileage from his Benjermin accent in the Duggar threads. He runs SOS Ministries, soshope.org/ which has been mentioned frequently on the show over the years. I think they dropped tracts over a country in one episode. They are the group behind the El Salvador trips and they go to a few other countries, as well.

A quick aside: I happened to look at soshope.org pretty soon after looking at Gospel for Asia, gfa.org/ and as a person with next to no knowledge about missionary work, except a sense of what Free Jinger tends to think qualifies as meaningful charity work versus voluntourism, the difference between the two sites is striking. SOS doesn't seem to be doing much, while GFA does, imo. Thoughts?

Back to Mike. Googling didn't bring up much for me. The Bateses adore him. WTF fundies gave him a thumbs up two years ago, based on what, I'm not sure. He's in his late forties and has three kids, the youngest is approximately 10 and was adopted internationally, it seems, based on pictures. Wife's name is Sandy. The Duggars talked about him in A Love that Multiplies, so the relationship goes back a ways. The book says he did missionary work in Italy before returning to his Florida hometown and sort of falling into the El Salvador thing (my cynical synopsis).

clearwatercommunity.org/OUTREACH/GlobalOutreach/MissionFamilies/MikeSchadt.aspx didn't answer any questions, but it did provide an enjoyable family photo:

4sScTAy.png

(a few years old, as the little girl is ten, now, according to a Facebook entry on April 2,2015: https://www.facebook.com/SOSHope?fref=nf)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I have archived virtually the whole SOS website at the wayback machine. One of the regions served is listed simply as Mid-Asia for security reasons. I hope that's not the country where they dropped tracts. :?

Here's a "missions trip" application: soshope.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Application-Travel-Card-Emergency-Contact.pdf Mike Schadt wants to know your testimony, FJ!

I'm still poking around google, because I don't know what denomination this guy is, or whether he's been through seminary, though skeptical me has some good guesses about both of those. Many googling hands make light work, FJ detectives. Get on the case!

ETA more links

• Upvote 1

idk what this is, but here you go

tfmetalsreport.com/comment/308210#comment-308210

that link suggests a Schadt sermon from this one:

clearwatercommunity.org/InformationandResources/RecentSermons.aspx?sermonsite_action=view_sermon&sermonsite_sermonid=58550

but then tells me I need a media player, even though I have one. I didn't want to listen anyway, but hopefully you can figure it out if you do. I really hope you do. ;)

• 2 months later...

Still no official confirmation that the Dillards are on an SOS mission, though I suspect as much.

I wish people were more interested in this thread and now I have an excuse (as feeble as it is) to bump the thread. :dance: Here's a more recent (but still a year old) pic of the Schadts.

TUhERlwl.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater - Sandy Christian Schadt fb

Ugh this guy annoys the shit out of me. Why do the Duggars like him so much? I'm confident that he and his ministry have benefitted tremendously from exposure from the show and it just galls me. :x

• Upvote 3

Doesn't he have a big house in FL so I'm assuming that his non-profit pays him a pretty hefty salary as the lead guy. How open are his books as a charitable organization?

Hmm, is this them?

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... aRTsPlVhBc

It's out of Bryan, TX, not Florida.

I don't think so, when I searched by the EIN # listed, I got Save Our Streets

guidestar.org/organizations/74-2726646/sos-ministries.aspx

This is "our" S.O.S:

guidestar.org/organizations/59-3644816/s-o-s-ministries.aspx

I'm looking at report preview from 2013-- they're listing lower assets than I expected approx $600K with $400K expenses. I wonder how much is salary?

Also 2 employees are listed- Schadt and Charles A. Rasico. I haven't heard of him.

guidestar.org/ViewPdf.aspx?PdfSource=0&ein=59-3644816

ETA: There is also a Michael J. Gordon involved. He seems less involved than 10 years ago, but he is still board member

I don't think so, when I searched by the EIN # listed, I got Save Our Streets

guidestar.org/organizations/74-2726646/sos-ministries.aspx

This is "our" S.O.S:

Save our Streets is not SOS/Schadt in El Salvador.

I emailed the Duggar SOS a few days ago asking for more details on the Schadt operation, including their 501©(3) identification. Crickets so far.

Save our Streets is not SOS/Schadt in El Salvador.

I emailed the Duggar SOS a few days ago asking for more details on the Schadt operation, including their 501©(3) identification. Crickets so far.

Yes know that Save Our Streets not Mike, but the 2nd one I listed definitely is:

Found 2013 990. Lists Mike as President working 60 hrs per week making $57,600 (which seems low.) The other employee listed is the Charles guy who is listed as 40 per week but reportable compensation is 19,350. They are also compensated $76,950 under functional expenses.

Anyway enjoy if you like looking at or know what to look for... I don't

990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/593/593644816/593644816_201312_990.pdf?_ga=1.198454060.262340779.1436833269

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I have archived virtually the whole SOS website at the wayback machine. One of the regions served is listed simply as Mid-Asia for security reasons. I hope that's not the country where they dropped tracts. :?

I immediately thought of John Maxwell.

Btw, is the Hidden Content thingy fixed? :pray:

what exactly is the wayback machine?

Is a thumbs up from WTF Fundies a good thing? I mean, aren't they an anti-fundie group like FJ? So if they gave him a thumbs up, does that mean they think he is a good guy, or was it an ironic thumbs up?

I appreciated his pre-marriage session with Ben and Jessa when he reinforced that not kissing before marriage is not something in the bible. And I also appreciated that he was in cahoots with Ben and Jessa re: not doing a public first kiss.

It seemed to me that he was a bit more moderate, but really, I know next to nothing about him, so I am probably completely wrong about that.

The hidden content button isn't fixed; this is a necro'ed thread from before the button got taken away. HA says that while it is possible to enter the code in manually, that's not allowed either (if you were wondering about that).

The wayback machine is here: http://archive.org/web/ and you can archive webpages there to keep a record in case the owner makes changes or pulls the site.

I think WTF Fundies is a little misguided about Schadt, but I'm coming from the bitch corner with that attitude. I suppose he is miles better than Gothard. I'm just royally annoyed about the worthless mission and everything that represents. :x

• Upvote 1

Yes know that Save Our Streets not Mike, but the 2nd one I listed definitely is:

Oh, yes. I seem to have accidentally deleted a sentence in that last post when I agreed with you. So sorry.

The Mike organization still hasn't got back to me on my polite enquiry though. :D

Oh, yes. I seem to have accidentally deleted a sentence in that last post when I agreed with you. So sorry.

The Mike organization still hasn't got back to me on my polite enquiry though. :D

I'm sure it will come tomorrow. Too bad they just ignore vs sending a fuck off form letter.

Maybe you can become pen pals with Joshie. Ask to see his pic of him dressed up like a cow today. He might be feeling lonely and left out.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

I have stumbled upon some interesting comments on this video. looking into it more, informers have told me this is his step-sister.

On 7/13/2015 at 0:47 AM, halcionne said:

Still no official confirmation that the Dillards are on an SOS mission, though I suspect as much.

I wish people were more interested in this thread and now I have an excuse (as feeble as it is) to bump the thread. :dance: Here's a more recent (but still a year old) pic of the Schadts.

TUhERlwl.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater - Sandy Christian Schadt fb

Ugh this guy annoys the shit out of me. Why do the Duggars like him so much? I'm confident that he and his ministry have benefitted tremendously from exposure from the show and it just galls me. :x

Ugh, he looks like those annoying Bro Pastors who think they're really cool and Down With The Kids. Isn't there some German word that translates to "a face in need of a fist"?

• Upvote 6

I see he was on a mission in Italy, much like Mitt Romney was on a mission in Southern France.

Sign.me.up. LOL!

And a base salary of 60,000/year- wonder what he really brings in?

• Upvote 5

@CharlieScoop I have a very low tolerance for fundies on video, so I only skimmed and ff'ed through. I didn't see any woman, though. Is she in the video, or are there comments at the source (which I couldn't find)?

Schadt specifically mentions going to Pakistan in the beginning of the video, so I guess we know where "Mid-Asia" is now. It's fucking insane to go to Pakistan and do there whatever it is they're doing in El Salvador. Performing skits? Proseletyzing at their bodyguards? Totally worth pissing off the Taliban. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 6

Uhhh...no, you don't want to piss off the Taliban.

The movie in my head is finding out this guy is not certified for anything & that Ben & Jessa aren't really married.:my_biggrin:

• Upvote 5

After some research, "Faith Perkins" is his step sister. She comments 8 months ago; "

Faith Perakis 8 months ago

"Im wondering how you are feeling after hearing the latest news of J Duggar? I guess you have something in common with him huh? I think you need to stop hiding."

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, CharlieScoop said:

After some research, "Faith Perkins" is his step sister. She comments 8 months ago; "

Faith Perakis 8 months ago

"Im wondering how you are feeling after hearing the latest news of J Duggar? I guess you have something in common with him huh? I think you need to stop hiding."

Whoa.

• Upvote 10

• HerNameIsBuffy locked and unlocked this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.