• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
junglefever

Duggar Matchmaker

junglefever

Hi y'all,

Longtime reader, new poster. If you were to play matchmaker, what are some of your favorite potential courtships? I want to see:

Jana and Tim Tebow

Jinger and Skylar Weiss

Joy Anna and Lawson Bates

Or, Jana with Skylar and Jinger with Lawson, but ... I just really want Jana with Tim, even if unrealistic (or is it!?). I think she deserves to "win" the "best" husband. Besides, the ages work better this way, since I'm pretty sure Skylar is only 23ish. Plus, I think Joy Anna and Lawson would actually be a super cute match.

John David is a stumper for me.

I'd love to see Jana, Jinger, and Joy Anna married soon, for their sake, and to see what the family dynamics would be like re: Michelle managing. With Joseph at college, Josiah likely getting married, and John David essentially doing his own thing, it'd leave her with 6 teenage/pre-teen boys and 4 girls/little girls. Still quite the handful, especially when juggling relationships with adult children and grandchildren.

sadiZ

We will never see Jana and Tim Tebow, and honestly, I don't think it would be a good fit, anyway. I picture Jana with someone older than her, who is mature and has an established career. Even if it is a fundie/Gothard approved career. I just don't see her wanting to be in the limelight like that, where she has always been so quiet and subdued.

I know a lot of people ship Jinger and Skylar. I don't know much about him besides that he is pretty traditionally good looking.

As I've said before on many boards, Jinger and Lawson would not be a good fit. Lawson wouldn't be a good fit with anyone who didn't want to constantly adore him and stroke his enormous ego. :cracking-up:

Joy is too young. Which I know matters not in Duggarville, but I refuse to even speculate on her before she is even 18 :P

AS for the Duggar guys, eventually JD will be forced into choosing some young fundie bride who will give him tons of babies. And Joe will find a nice girl at college and probably get set up in a house that is built for them on the TTH property.

BullyJBG

Yeah, I guess if anything were to happen with Jana and one of the Staddon brothers, it would've by now, right? Or one of the 2 Wissmann brothers who are the same age? Hmmmm, maybe something will come to me, besides some 20-something men who live in my area and are single, lol.

John-David and maybe Kendalyn Staddon's sister Alieta?(sp?) Or Heidi Mueller?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
only because I'd LOVE to see how a no-touch courtship/engagement would play out on the show

Joseph and Grace Phelps-Roper. That would be SO fun........it'd take awhile to introduce her because she's been in the public eye before. Maybe they'd say he has a girlfriend, but they will not show her or say her name yet.

Jinger, not sure. Maybe Chad's other brother?

Joy I was hoping for one of the Macaughey septuplets, lol. But maybe it could be Trace Bates? Can't speculate on the others yet.......

junglefever

Realistically, I don't think we'll even see a Bates boy/Duggar girl matchup (maybe with the younger set, after the families are out of the limelight), let alone Tim Tebow, but it's fun to dream. :) Like others have speculated, I tend to think that we'll keep seeing "unknowns" like Ben and Derick for the girls. Skylar might be obscure enough to qualify, I don't know.

Yeah, Joy Anna is really too young. John David and Jana are who I'd most like to see married. They aren't as naive as Jill, are more down to earth than Jessa (and Josh, for that matter), and more mature and levelheaded than the lot of them. Plus, at 25, they deserve it. If they're waiting for reasons unbeknownst to us, props to them -- I just hope it can happen for them soon. :)

DuggarsTheEndIsNear

Jana: with someone we've never heard of before

Jinger: Skyler

Joy: with a Bates boy (the only one I really know anything about is Lawson, so I don't know if Nathan or Trace would be better for her), which allows her to move to TN (which, I think would be really good for her)

Joseph: with someone from Crown College unrelated to the Bates family; or one of Whitney's friends

JD: The Query girl... I can't remember her name

I don't really know anyone else the Duggars know, so I'm not sure what other pairings to make

halcionne
Yeah, I guess if anything were to happen with Jana and one of the Staddon brothers, it would've by now, right? Or one of the 2 Wissmann brothers who are the same age? Hmmmm, maybe something will come to me, besides some 20-something men who live in my area and are single, lol.

John-David and maybe Kendalyn Staddon's sister Alieta?(sp?) Or Heidi Mueller?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
only because I'd LOVE to see how a no-touch courtship/engagement would play out on the show

Joseph and Grace Phelps-Roper. That would be SO fun........it'd take awhile to introduce her because she's been in the public eye before. Maybe they'd say he has a girlfriend, but they will not show her or say her name yet.

Jinger, not sure. Maybe Chad's other brother?

Joy I was hoping for one of the Macaughey septuplets, lol. But maybe it could be Trace Bates? Can't speculate on the others yet.......

This one!

eh02

I hope none of them end up with Lawson Bates. I've posted before, but he reminds me of Jim Bob - vain, huge ego, obsessed with his appearance. Do not like him. At all. To say he's an average singer would maybe be too generous a compliment, but you can tell he is used to getting endless attention everywhere he goes.

I think Nathan is a lot more tolerable, surprisingly. Though he unfortunately kind of seems like a mini Gil.

Does Chad Paine have any sexy brothers? Can he send one to Jana or Jinger if so? Or me?

I think it's probably better for them all to find people that aren't from families their parents are really close to. Then again, maybe being with someone from a similar family would give them a "united front" to flee together. Come on, Josiah and Marjorie! You're young, you can do it!

lunaselene503

Joy Anna and Lawson (this is my biggest one)

Joe and a nice girl he meets at college

Jinger and a city guy who lets her continue enjoying phototography

JD and a girl who isn't a social climber

Jana and a guy who notices and chooses her over flashier (whether looks, finances, youth or personality) fundie girls

halcionne
I hope none of them end up with Lawson Bates. I've posted before, but he reminds me of Jim Bob - vain, huge ego, obsessed with his appearance. Do not like him. At all. To say he's an average singer would maybe be too generous a compliment, but you can tell he is used to getting endless attention everywhere he goes.

I think Nathan is a lot more tolerable, surprisingly. Though he unfortunately kind of seems like a mini Gil.

Does Chad Paine have any sexy brothers? Can he send one to Jana or Jinger if so? Or me?

I think it's probably better for them all to find people that aren't from families their parents are really close to. Then again, maybe being with someone from a similar family would give them a "united front" to flee together. Come on, Josiah and Marjorie! You're young, you can do it!

Back row and far right are all under 18. Far left is married. That leaves Nathaniel, 25 in August, for Jana. Or whoever. He kind of reminds me of Ken Cosgrove from Mad Men.

CKCKDkr.jpg

sadiZ

I 110% agree with you on Lawson. He is already in a very intimate relationship with his own ego, and there is not enough room for another person in there. Whomever he ends up with is going to be #3 on his priorities after himself and his music. He needs to just be perpetually single. I MUCH prefer Nathan, and he is just meh.

Chad is the oldest boy and then the others of marriageable age are Thomas and Nate. Thomas seems to be taken. Nate is 24, and is heavy into prison ministry and has a blog freeingthecaptives.blogspot.com/

alwayscaffeinated

I just can't. I so desperately want them to find someone outside of the fundie circles that I can't match them with anyone.

N The Prayer Closet

I really only think about Jana. It's time!! I hope she meets a hot regular guy who works at the bank or the grocery store. I hope he moves her away from her family but close enough to visit regularly (Little Rock? Tulsa?) Kind of like how Zach Bates met Whitney at Sonic and the parents just had to roll with it.

Eatingintheprayercloset
I really only think about Jana. It's time!! I hope she meets a hot regular guy who works at the bank or the grocery store. I hope he moves her away from her family but close enough to visit regularly (Little Rock? Tulsa?) Kind of like how Zach Bates met Whitney at Sonic and the parents just had to roll with it.

Maybe an attractive construction worker teaching a trade to the howlers will capture Jana's heart :dance:

Hopefully it's not a David Waller Gothard weirdo.......

drivingmishcrazy

Jana - Maybe a missionary or young preacher from South Africa, or maybe this was just at the church I escaped from but a lot of the young ladies I knew ended up marrying men who had come here from S. Africa. For some reason I could see Jana falling for someone like that.

JD - meeting someone by chance and her turning out to be not exactly what Ma and Pa wanted for him, but JD lays down the law and tells them that it's her or no one and they relent. Maybe a girl from Canada or who has vague religious views. Ya know, the kind who says "I believe in God" and leaves it at that.

Joy- A bachelor's degree program at an accredited college.

Jinger- Vogue.