IGNORED

$$$Let's Talk Money$$$

snickerz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are capitalizing on their fame, but only to a certain extent. They have done speaking gigs at churches, Christian events, and homeschooling events. They probably make money off magazine covers for People and I think Today Show and GMA might pay them for appearances. They have appeared on certain talk shows like Joy Behar's old show, Anderson's canned daytime show, and Dr Oz. Their appearances on those shows are done as fluff pieces. Outside of the some of the daytime shows, we never seen them on Ellen, late night shows, or other reality shows. We know that a Duggar will never sign up to do Dancing with the Stars.

The Robertsons like you said were already wealthy before Duck Dynasty. They also know how to captalize more on their fame. They go to country music events and awards shows. Sadie did Dancing with the Stars. Willie and his wife had a speaking roles as themselves in God's Not Dead. The Robertsons are more media savvy than the Duggars.

I don't know if they are making money off of the magazine covers or talks shows. I'm guessing the majority of those things are tied to their TLC contract. I'm not sure any of them, other than The 700 Club, are seeking them out based on their popularity. I just get this feeling TLC and People have a good deal going, not sure what it is, TLC provides People with some covers and People pretends that the folks on TLC shows are celebs.

Boob is indeed a cheapskate. I remember years ago when the family went to some restaurant that allowed free meals for kids under 10 and I vaguely recall there being a story about Boob trying to get an HVAC company to install something in TTH for free or a reduced cost.

One Boob cheapskate incident that pissed me off was when volunteers assisted with the girls' weddings, while Boob bought a bought a small plane for JD.

Extreme Cheapskates: Fundie Edition!

Archived