IGNORED

$$$Let's Talk Money$$$

snickerz

However it's hard to ascertain if he'd have more or less; because while he is cashed up, his net worth is only $3.5 Million USD.

How do we know his net worth for sure? I'm genuinely curious.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we know his net worth for sure? I'm genuinely curious.

You might be able to score his tax info--not sure if it is allowed on a state basis, but Kodouche and the sister wives have public tax info (for Utah anyway).

For now, celebritynetworth works fine for estimations.

That's why I was asking. I wondered if anyone had actually scored tax info. Because unless there's hard evidence out there, my default is not to believe estimates from Celebritynetworth and the like. From what I can tell, they often underestimate by quite a lot.

I've wondered how this all gets split up as well. You have 3 kids married off (and Josh/Anna aren't seen on every show) and even JB&M have been placed on the side for a show here and there. I sometimes wonder if Josiah/Marg get married if TLC won't start a splitoff for the Duggar newlyweds and move all the married kids off to that side. I must admit that there are plenty of money making opportunities for the family between the books, magazine covers, etc. I am sometimes surprised that a marketing group hasn't approached them about making their own type of namebrand equipment deal or modesty clothing line for women/children. Now that Jill and Jessa have been married I wouldn't doubt if they came out with a book to describe how to make a cheaper wedding reception. One day maybe we will get the deets on exactly who gets what.

In addition, look at how families being on reality television have turned out; Gosselins, Sister Wives, Kardashian/Jenner's. Could the Duggars be far behind on this twisted path?

Don't forget Little People Big World...Parent's separated or divorced

19KAC can't last long enough to support this lifestyle through Josie's wedding and births. Frankly, their show has gotten incredibly boring. Wedding after wedding. Pregnancy after pregnancy. Gender reveals. Baby bumps. Now another courtship... And the process begins anew.

Not only have we seen it all before... But we also learned about all of it months before the episodes. YAWN.

I might not watch tonight's honeymoon episode. I've been to all of the places that Blessa went, and I got there by working hard and saving diligently for years. Blessa moaned about keeping the wedding budget cheap, invited 1,000+ people, relied on volunteers to pull it off, and then went on a fab European honeymoon paid for by a TV network. What a nice testimony... to the power of reality TV. :roll:

The only moment of this season that raised my pulse: Michael nearly getting hurt with the sewing machine. Anna's dumbassery was astounding. :clap:

I was in Europe around that time. In fact, I was in Paris a week before their wedding and in Rome on their wedding. I managed it in 3 ways. One, I went with my parents (I payed for my share but they were my safety net incase something happened), two, we triple shared most of our trip (except Rome, we sprung for an additional room towards the end of our trip because we were sick of each other). Three, we used round the world tickets which meant we went more places and, took more (or longer) flights. We did mostly free things, in Paris we went to the Louvre but not into the Louvre. Except for in Rome because I have a Classics degree so I splurged and went to all the places I could and nerded out (saved my parents money on tour guides). I came back broke (and still am, my work screwed me over) but thankfully not in debt. I didn't check freejinger once.

I was so disappointed hearing where they went, such a wonderful honeymoon given to people who won't appreciate it properly. I felt the exact same way on the Duggars' European trip when they got to go into the Stonehenge site.

Not just the Duggars but also other reality TV shows - the episodes are shown over and over - would the cast receive royalties each showing? Or are they paid to make the original episode and that's it?

I heard they make $100K per episode. And write off a lot to their "church" that they run in one of the run down houses Boob bought.

$100K Sounds like a lot for each episode for a TLC show. Back in the 90's the show Friends had reneg. for entire cast to clear $100K per ep. but that show had a ton of fans so it makes me think that amount is really high for the Duggars and they don't get the amt of people watching that Friends did. Either way even if they received 70K per ep. and the fact that they produce at least 16 to 20 eps per season that is still a lot of $$$. I recall hearing on another show on either Bravo or MTV (I don't remember the name of the show right now) that each person on it got at least 3- 5K per ep. and I am wondering if that would be what a payout to the adult kids and married spouses. J/A, D/J and B/J could easily clear $50k a season at a minimal if they received that amt. Shoot Ben may be a student but they can certainly live in that small house and off that amt while he is earning a degree.

This (the bolded) is what I always come back to when the discussion revolves around how wealthy JB is. It is like a pyramid scheme only upside down with JB as the point on the bottom supplying everything for his ever-increasing brood all stacked on top. They all have cars. They all have iPhones. They all go on jaunts around the US. The married kids all live in nice homes. JD flies but he flies the family so JB is buying the gas and footing the airport fees. J'boy who is going to school (forgot which one) has his tuition paid for by Dad...etc, etc. And with each new marriage there will be another family to support and another home that can't be rented out and more babies and medical bills. At this point aside from Josh and Derek I don't think anyone is working and drawing a paycheck other than TLC money.

What happens when the show is canceled? Sure there might be some savings and investments but enough to last all the kids and all the spouses? I doubt that very much.

The already married Duggar kids and their spouses might be ok. I can see resentment building up in the younger Duggar kids and older unmarried ones(Jana and JD). The younger married kids and their spouses might not be offered the same types of help as Josh/Anna, Jessa/Ben and Derrick/Jill. Wedding costs for the younger kids might not end up being covered by Boob and Mullet.

Some of the younger Duggar kids will likely get into real estate or Boob will assist them with setting up business. If some of the younger boys like Jackson want to go to a fundie type college like Joseph, I wonder if Boob would refuse to pay tuition years after the show is finished.

Another thing to take into account is we don't know how life after 50 will be for Boob and Mullet. If one of them ends up with health issues, some of them that has been socked away/invested could end up going towards health care expenses.

Not just the Duggars but also other reality TV shows - the episodes are shown over and over - would the cast receive royalties each showing? Or are they paid to make the original episode and that's it?

Residual is the term used for TV show syndication/reruns. Creators of scripted shows along with actors and actresses do make residual money from syndication, but the residual payments decrease in time. I don't know how it works for reality shows, I remember some of the casts of MTV's The Real World had to fight to get some kind of residual pay years later, but speculation is those people didn't make huge money after their fight.

Do the Duggars tithe?

I don't know if they have ever publicly talked about tithing. I think they might tithe, I can see them donating money to fundie organizations. Politcal contribution records are always out there, but it can be hard to find specific donors.

i was making rice today and thinking about Michelle's "rice 3 ways" around the time that they donated 200,000 to a political campaign which iirc was way back in the early 2000's before the show really took off.

But i was thinking... if they had that laying around to spare and Jim Bob no doubt always keeps a large sum handy above and beyond any political contributions, to snatch up cheap properties to flip... they've been doing very well for over a decade at least.

It seems they've given all their kids a very good grasp on financial matters along with practical skills like automotive repair. Josh and Anna buying the house in his parents' area (that possibly Josiah and his gf might live in?) proves that the financial wizardry has gone to the second generation, imo. That's pretty admirable. Of course they sold their souls, in my opinion, as far as skirting the truth to please TLC storylines... and sold out the privacy and childhood of their kids. :angry-banghead:

That is a super cheap area of the country. With frugal skills and ATI community networking for the basics, this group could have a lot of wealth sitting around for a powerful amount of influence politically. I don't know what ATI feels about the military, beyond their own militia. I often wonder what would have happened if Mitt or McCain had won, militarily. /tangent. But if there are a lot of wealthy families in that subset of society, lifting each other up to power... the income from 19 KAC and all the resulting media income could mean actual societal change, no joke. Esp. at the judicial level.

i just hope it includes mercy and compassion for those trapped in poverty. I get the feeling their ideal society would look a lot like The Help. :shock:

Here is a list of Duggar political contributions

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/qind/

$200,000 directly to a political campaign? That is not even legal

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/contriblimits.shtml

Here are Michelle's contributions

http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/ ... p?cycle=14

individual-contributors.insidegov.com/d/c/Jimbob-Duggar

Here is an estimate of their net worth

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth ... net-worth/

I heard they make $100K per episode. And write off a lot to their "church" that they run in one of the run down houses Boob bought.

Only if the church is registered as a nonprofit

I suspect that tithing is one of those areas that is conveniently not followed by the Duggars. That is a big reason they choose to home church--so they can make their own rules. If they made any charitable donations, the Duggars would certainly make sure they received recognition for it. Their silence in that area speaks volumes about their charity with money. And we all know that JB is very, very tight. It's his love of money that is his religion.

The duggars are a brand. Just like that Duck Dynasty show. They sold their souls to tlc. The only way to keep the show going is for a Duggar to break free or JimChelle goes against their beliefs. Send the kids to real school, let them wear pants or join scouts :pink-shock:

The difference is the Robertsons' had two successful companies prior to the show. A&E may own Duck Dynasty but they had Duck and Buck Commander before the show. Now Duck Commander and Buck Commander have recognition outside the hunting world. I didn't know who they were when the show started but my hubby did. When I looked at him like he was crazy he pulled out some of the stuff he had of theirs from years before the show. The Duggars have nothing when the show is over. They aren't capitalizing on any of this fame. When TLC goes away the Duggars life will get worse not stay the same.

They don't make 100k per episode. Even Jon and Kate at their height were only making about $25k an episode and that was split between them. The Duggars have never had ratings anywhere near as high and no way were they $100k. Jersey Shore had huge ratings and they weren't making that much. Maybe Kim Kardashian can get close to that on E! But, once again, her show has better ratings, she is the real well known "star" and the ad revenue would be higher. Ad revenue is a big deal and a lot of the advertisers that pay more likely don't want their ads during the Duggar show because that is not their target audience. Realty stars don't make anywhere near as much as actors on scripted shows and it's my understanding that they do not get residuals. This is why most reality stars go broke. Jim Bob and Michelle will be fine when the show is over. Their uneducated kids will be the ones in trouble.

At the end of the day, the Duggars are not really marketable to the greater public. What can they sell? They don't educate their kids, date or have individual hopes and dreams. They aren't fashionable. They don't come off as smart, curious or articulate. Their brand only works for the fundy community. Most people, including "good" Christians, want more for their children and families. Most would be embarrassed to say that all their healthy, unmarried daughters live at home, are uneducated and don't have jobs. How do you market that to the larger public? The Duggar brand will always be small. They have nothing the rest of the country are interested in.

Jim Bob tithes to himself! (insert a Boob smile and giggle).

He's more than tight, he is downright a cheapskate! I couldn't believe him trying to talk down the motel clerk on their anniversary night, getting a skanky hotel room for $60 with a hot tub thrown in for free. It looked like every Motel 6 you've ever seen, and with the money they make on the show it came off as really fake.

I don't know if they have ever publicly talked about tithing. I think they might tithe, I can see them donating money to fundie organizations. Politcal contribution records are always out there, but it can be hard to find specific donors.

I wouldn't think a political contribution would count as tithing. I think of tithing as going to charity. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

(Sorry but I don't consider any political candidate as a charity case)

If the kids are smart they will go into Real Estate and open a contracting business like the property brothers.

They'll never have the popularity or the staying power of the Property Brothers. The Property Brothers are branching out into other industries besides real estate/home remodeling. (They're on QVC with their own products. They've partnered with Carnival Cruise Lines for a fan cruise next month. They're producing their own TV programming, to name a few.) The reason why everyone is still watching The Property Brothers? They're handsome, they're entertaining, they're funny, and I know NOTHING about their political or religious beliefs. They avoid controversy. I might also add that I love them because every time I've seen them with a live audience, they head straight for the women over 40 in the crowd and do a little harmless flirting. ;-)

The Duggars couldn't hope to display that kind of charisma on-screen. They also can't hope to get through 22 minutes of programming a week without cramming their religious or political beliefs down the audience's throats.

They'll never have the popularity or the staying power of the Property Brothers. The Property Brothers are branching out into other industries besides real estate/home remodeling. (They're on QVC with their own products. They've partnered with Carnival Cruise Lines for a fan cruise next month. They're producing their own TV programming, to name a few.) The reason why everyone is still watching The Property Brothers? They're handsome, they're entertaining, they're funny, and I know NOTHING about their political or religious beliefs. They avoid controversy. I might also add that I love them because every time I've seen them with a live audience, they head straight for the women over 40 in the crowd and do a little harmless flirting. ;-)

The Duggars couldn't hope to display that kind of charisma on-screen. They also can't hope to get through 22 minutes of programming a week without cramming their religious or political beliefs down the audience's throats.

They are not curious, smart or educated.

JD and Jana might be hard workers, the others, No way.

So, lacking in intellect, grit and tenacity, there's just no way most of them will be successful in the long run.

Conniving only gets you so far and sooner or later people catch on to the act.

The difference is the Robertsons' had two successful companies prior to the show. A&E may own Duck Dynasty but they had Duck and Buck Commander before the show. Now Duck Commander and Buck Commander have recognition outside the hunting world. I didn't know who they were when the show started but my hubby did. When I looked at him like he was crazy he pulled out some of the stuff he had of theirs from years before the show. The Duggars have nothing when the show is over. They aren't capitalizing on any of this fame. When TLC goes away the Duggars life will get worse not stay the same.

I think they are capitalizing on their fame, but only to a certain extent. They have done speaking gigs at churches, Christian events, and homeschooling events. They probably make money off magazine covers for People and I think Today Show and GMA might pay them for appearances. They have appeared on certain talk shows like Joy Behar's old show, Anderson's canned daytime show, and Dr Oz. Their appearances on those shows are done as fluff pieces. Outside of the some of the daytime shows, we never seen them on Ellen, late night shows, or other reality shows. We know that a Duggar will never sign up to do Dancing with the Stars.

The Robertsons like you said were already wealthy before Duck Dynasty. They also know how to captalize more on their fame. They go to country music events and awards shows. Sadie did Dancing with the Stars. Willie and his wife had a speaking roles as themselves in God's Not Dead. The Robertsons are more media savvy than the Duggars.

Jim Bob tithes to himself! (insert a Boob smile and giggle).

He's more than tight, he is downright a cheapskate! I couldn't believe him trying to talk down the motel clerk on their anniversary night, getting a skanky hotel room for $60 with a hot tub thrown in for free. It looked like every Motel 6 you've ever seen, and with the money they make on the show it came off as really fake.

Boob is indeed a cheapskate. I remember years ago when the family went to some restaurant that allowed free meals for kids under 10 and I vaguely recall there being a story about Boob trying to get an HVAC company to install something in TTH for free or a reduced cost.

One Boob cheapskate incident that pissed me off was when volunteers assisted with the girls' weddings, while Boob bought a bought a small plane for JD.

I think they are capitalizing on their fame, but only to a certain extent. They have done speaking gigs at churches, Christian events, and homeschooling events. They probably make money off magazine covers for People and I think Today Show and GMA might pay them for appearances. They have appeared on certain talk shows like Joy Behar's old show, Anderson's canned daytime show, and Dr Oz. Their appearances on those shows are done as fluff pieces. Outside of the some of the daytime shows, we never seen them on Ellen, late night shows, or other reality shows. We know that a Duggar will never sign up to do Dancing with the Stars.

The Robertsons like you said were already wealthy before Duck Dynasty. They also know how to captalize more on their fame. They go to country music events and awards shows. Sadie did Dancing with the Stars. Willie and his wife had a speaking roles as themselves in God's Not Dead. The Robertsons are more media savvy than the Duggars.

They were wealthy before bit getting wealthier now. They have books, clothing line, jewelry line, shoes, handbags, food, video games, dvds, tshirts, toys, wine, a fucking musical a restaurant, these people are a brand and their fans are too stupid to realize that they're just making them richer. Its only because they're christian that people don't call them out on jt. One hand bag costs $300+ dollars. A dress from Duck and dressing can cost $100-$200 plus. So they're definitely cashing in.

Archived