IGNORED

RC Sproul Sr. Has Mild Stroke

DomWackTroll

Jr is a more than a little bit crazy, but I hope Dr. Sproul is alright. He's really beloved by his congregation and I've always found him to be very kind. I really hope he pulls through.

Jr is a more than a little bit crazy, but I hope Dr. Sproul is alright. He's really beloved by his congregation and I've always found him to be very kind. I really hope he pulls through.

I agree with this, too. Jr. has been subjected to church discipline time and again for a reason, but his father seems like a very kind man. I think he has a bit of blind spot where his son is concerned, but I do respect him quite a bit and I hope he is feeling better soon.

Stroke confirmed but no paralysis:

facebook.com/rcsprouljr/posts/804469029634627

Thanks for the update. I had wondered how he was doing. I know he's had at least a couple small strokes in the past 10 years or so.

"In consult w/the neurosurgeon my dad'll undergo a short procedure this am 2 attempt 2 clear partial arterial blockage in his brain. Pls pray"

Junior sounds a little harried today, but not so harried that he can't write and post an article about how persecuted Tim Tebow is. :roll:

"In consult w/the neurosurgeon my dad'll undergo a short procedure this am 2 attempt 2 clear partial arterial blockage in his brain. Pls pray"

Junior sounds a little harried today, but not so harried that he can't write and post an article about how persecuted Tim Tebow is. :roll:

Apparently too harried to give people follow-ups on his father, too. One of my cousins did share a public post from Ligonier just a little bit ago. Apparently, they ended up not doing the surgical procedure. It sounds like Dr. Sproul has been newly diagnosed with diabetes and so the focus is on getting that condition under control.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping for an update. I hadn't seen anything on Jr's Twitter, but I did hear from someone offline that apparently Sproul, Sr. had complications from the stroke and had to have a procedure to relieve a blockage. He's now doing well enough to be home, but needs some speech therapy. I pray and hope he has a smooth recovery.

I hope he recovers fully. From what I understand, it is possible to return from a mild stroke and eventually resume your duties.

I hope he recovers fully. From what I understand, it is possible to return from a mild stroke and eventually resume your duties.

This is true about a mild stroke!!

Archived