IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

Yikes, she is dramatic isn't she. She was an 18 year old suffering from what many 18 year olds do. She didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. She turned it into such a big thing on her blog post.

And does anyone else think its weird to have the goal to be a motivational speaker? I don't follow those types, but aren't most motivational speakers accomplished in some way and then use their accomplishments to motivate others? Wanting to be a motivational speaker without first trying to succeed and accomplish something strikes me as lazy and narcissistic. 

compare what happened to me at 18 - her 18th birthday was a freaking walk in the park

she needs to let go of the drama 

the woman is pissing me off 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. I believe they're still on her own Facebook, at least that's where I saw these pictures several months ago. Try going through her old photo albums if you're interested. Sierra doesn't exactly make a big secret of the fact that she was pretty wild and didn't really care about God very much as an older teenager/young adult. See also her latest blog post. Of course, then she met Mark at 18 and down the Christan fundamentalist/Quiverful path they went.

Yup. I believe they're still on her own Facebook, at least that's where I saw these pictures several months ago. Try going through her old photo albums if you're interested. Sierra doesn't exactly make a big secret of the fact that she was pretty wild and didn't really care about God very much as an older teenager/young adult. See also her latest blog post. Of course, then she met Mark at 18 and down the Christan fundamentalist/Quiverful path they went.

I like that at least she owns it. But I know she's probably going to pull a Michelle and go on about how "oh, I used to wear bikinis and pants and do cheeky poses, but then I found JEEBUS and I don't want my daughters making the mistakes I made", and then prevent her daughters from having the freedom of choice she had.

Sure looks like Josh in the background of Sierras IG pic...

image.png

That REALLY looks like Josh! Hiding out at the TTH, hm...real therapy, my ass.

There is a contestant on Food Network's 'Holiday Baking Championship' that I have stared at for weeks now and wondered 'WHO is it that she reminds me of with her eyes that can bug at any moment and facial structure?' Well, you guessed it...she reminds me of Sierra Jo! I wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't just been on Free Jinger today, reading and posting. 

Now, I can really relax and enjoy the remaining episodes without constantly wondering 'who, who, who???' ;)

omg yes!  I watch that too and also think they could be twinsies!  Ha!!

Sure looks like Josh in the background. 

Eta: nevermind she commented that this was NYE last year. 

Ha I noticed that too, but wasn't sure bc I thought I saw that pic before-guess I did lol!

Man he has a recognizable hair line, maybe JB should get his head shaved again. 

There is a contestant on Food Network's 'Holiday Baking Championship' that I have stared at for weeks now and wondered 'WHO is it that she reminds me of with her eyes that can bug at any moment and facial structure?' Well, you guessed it...she reminds me of Sierra Jo! I wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't just been on Free Jinger today, reading and posting. 

Now, I can really relax and enjoy the remaining episodes without constantly wondering 'who, who, who???' ;)

Are you talking about Mave or however she spells it?  She's kinda got some pretty harsh features with her lips always pursed. 

Ok I read her blog post, really what the hell is she on?  How is her "life story" any different than many other 18 year olds other than she decided popping out babies was better than having dreams of her own?

Are you talking about Mave or however she spells it?  She's kinda got some pretty harsh features with her lips always pursed. 

Ok I read her blog post, really what the hell is she on?  How is her "life story" any different than many other 18 year olds other than she decided popping out babies was better than having dreams of her own?

Uh duuuuh, JEEZUS! Her cup runneth over with God's love. She is saved! We sinners should quake with fear fit the end times are near!

Oooh, it hurt a little just to write that.

So does that mean Sierra's family is possibly normal? And then her husband is the loon that brought her into the cult?

"But more than owning the #1 furniture store in Northwest Arkansas, he's an intentional leader. He took my boys out to fish, one day, just because"

I guess the delusional hubris of these people shouldn't continue to astonish me, but it does.

A zillion other dads go fishing with their kids "just because" it's like, going fishing with your kids, but when this guy does it he's "an intentional leader?"

So does that mean Sierra's family is possibly normal? And then her husband is the loon that brought her into the cult?

Looks pretty normal, yes. Sierra went to public school, as did her little sister (who graduated this year, I think). She used to wear bikinis, celebrate Halloween etc. The little sister also plays hockey (?) and went to nationals this year (and Sierra seemed very proud of her, so I thought that was nice). I am also about 80 % sure that her family drinks alcohol.

By contrast, I know next to nothing about Mark's family. He seems to have been very religious when they met. However, their wedding still looked fairly mainstream. Well, maybe not mainstream, but fundie-light/very conservative Christian? Seems to me they kind of went off the deep end together. The photos Hiddenomaha posted above are from her wedding day (you probably figured as much from the wedding dress picture, but the other one is also from that day).

@patsymae (how do I insert the name in the quote box?)

"But more than owning the #1 furniture store in Northwest Arkansas, he's an intentional leader. He took my boys out to fish, one day, just because"

I guess the delusional hubris of these people shouldn't continue to astonish me, but it does.

A zillion other dads go fishing with their kids "just because" it's like, going fishing with your kids, but when this guy does it he's "an intentional leader?"

This isn't talking about her husband, but about that Joe Donaldson guy her husband works for. Apparently he took her sons to go fishing. Now, how exactly that makes him an "intentional leader," well....

Looks pretty normal, yes. Sierra went to public school, as did her little sister (who graduated this year, I think). She used to wear bikinis, celebrate Halloween etc. The little sister also plays hockey (?) and went to nationals this year (and Sierra seemed very proud of her, so I thought that was nice). I am also about 80 % sure that her family drinks alcohol.

By contrast, I know next to nothing about Mark's family. He seems to have been very religious when they met. However, their wedding still looked fairly mainstream. Well, maybe not mainstream, but fundie-light/very conservative Christian? Seems to me they kind of went off the deep end together. The photos Hiddenomaha posted above are from her wedding day (you probably figured as much from the wedding dress picture, but the other one is also from that day).

@patsymae (how do I insert the name in the quote box?)

This isn't talking about her husband, but about that Joe Donaldson guy her husband works for. Apparently he took her sons to go fishing. Now, how exactly that makes him an "intentional leader," well....

Ah, I misunderstood. So not as bad, but still...

I saw a comment on Joe Donaldson's Facebook a few months ago that was something like "when you have Sierra jo Dominguez living in your house, you don't question these things!" In reference to finding cakes in his fridge at 2am or something like that. So I guess they were/are living with him? Maybe while they were looking for a place or something.

So I've been spending my week planning a wedding for my wedding planning class (it's an elective course) and I've never been more stressed planning something that wasn't even real. I give all the props in the world for all of you that have planned your own wedding cause I couldn't handle it!

But then I really realized more now that Sierra did not do s*** and if she ever wants a career out of that well good luck to her! But then again she'll probably just stick to fundie ones so I guess it works for her too!

Reading Sierra's blog posts, all I can conclude is that she thought the answers to normal 18 year old angst was to become a fundamental Christian. It makes sense because the fundies have a clear formula for 'how to live', and you give over trying to muddle it out for yourself to God and Gothard. 

The thing that makes her a bit more relatable to me is that she writes a lot about life being messy,  from throwing her wedding ring at her husband in a fight, to her messy house and noisy kids. She writes a lot too about love for her kids, husband and God. I can't remember ever really hearing the Duggars use the word love? The Duggars are way more fixated on the rules and how godly they are for following them, in their picture perfect world. Compare Growing up Duggar to Sierra's blog and as melodramatic as it is, I would take her blog every time. 

Gotta admit, I'm not fond of her religious beliefs and political views, but her craft idea where she had her kids doing their handprints on Christmas ornaments was pretty adorable.

Gotta admit, I'm not fond of her religious beliefs and political views, but her craft idea where she had her kids doing their handprints on Christmas ornaments was pretty adorable.

I actually borrowed it for my apartment. I'm in college and so my roommates and I will all be going to separate homes for Christmas. One of my roomies really wanted something festive, so we cut a tree shape out of cardboard and are inviting all of our friends to make a coloured paper bauble to decorate it.

Reading Sierra's blog posts, all I can conclude is that she thought the answers to normal 18 year old angst was to become a fundamental Christian. It makes sense because the fundies have a clear formula for 'how to live', and you give over trying to muddle it out for yourself to God and Gothard. 

The thing that makes her a bit more relatable to me is that she writes a lot about life being messy,  from throwing her wedding ring at her husband in a fight, to her messy house and noisy kids. She writes a lot too about love for her kids, husband and God. I can't remember ever really hearing the Duggars use the word love? The Duggars are way more fixated on the rules and how godly they are for following them, in their picture perfect world. Compare Growing up Duggar to Sierra's blog and as melodramatic as it is, I would take her blog every time. 

but....she's still in the early days. She only has a quarter brood of kids right now. I truly wonder how (if?) she will change once she had eleventy+ kids. We have no idea how Michelle was when she only had 5....

Just read her blog about how she met Mark, and am left with only one question--what did she do about the tatoo?  I mean, they are frowned upon in fundie land aren't they?  Did her headship tell her to have it removed?  Not only a tattoo, but an evil one at that!

On 4 December 2015 at 2:01 PM, candygirl200413 said:

So I've been spending my week planning a wedding for my wedding planning class (it's an elective course) and I've never been more stressed planning something that wasn't even real. I give all the props in the world for all of you that have planned your own wedding cause I couldn't handle it!

But then I really realized more now that Sierra did not do s*** and if she ever wants a career out of that well good luck to her! But then again she'll probably just stick to fundie ones so I guess it works for her too!

genuinely interested to know what course you are doing? event management? hospitality? sounds interesting!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived