IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

Sierra's got a problem in that her oldest ones are boys-- its going to be a while before she can train up any sistermoms to help her raise her growing herd.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is not great at naming her kids, is she. I hope Jessa isn't influenced by her when naming baby Seewald.

Bet we're regretting this one now.

I hope Edyn is OK with being the future Mrs. Spurgeon Seewald

She may end up as Mrs. Israel Dillard instead.  

Does any one know why Sierra only has one kidney? 

If she had been sick as a child, the cult-level of religion becomes easier to rationalize for me.

If she had been sick as a child, the cult-level of religion becomes easier to rationalize for me.

from what I understand it might be more common than we think to just have one. Typically unless you were sick or had a scan or something you wouldn't even know!

from what I understand it might be more common than we think to just have one. Typically unless you were sick or had a scan or something you wouldn't even know!

Just like some people apparently have three and yet have no indication of it unless there's a problem.

my place of employment used to have a  YaVodka and a Taquilla.

I have to ask- how is Taquilla pronounced? Like Ta-kwill-yah or like the beverage, Tequila?

Just like some people apparently have three and yet have no indication of it unless there's a problem.

People can have three kidneys?! I've never heard of that!

On her instagram post where I read about her one kidney, it didn't seem like she was just learning about it.
I want to believe she was previously sick, because then I understand. Otherwise I'm still on the hunt for why Sierra went Quiverfull.

I have to ask- how is Taquilla pronounced? Like Ta-kwill-yah or like the beverage, Tequila?

she pronounced it Ta-kwee-la.

i was about to hit Submit Reply when I realized the above sentence sounded a lot like a Steve Maxwell response; I guess that makes me a Great Conversationalist!!

My mom and one of her aunts have(had) only one kidney.  The only reason they found out was because of unrelated medical issues.  Who would know if anybody else had only one, without a reason to look?  Although - my mom recently had a scan and found out she actually has a really, really tiny second kidney that current ultrasound was able to see, but medical tests in the seventies were unable to pick up.

People can have three kidneys?! I've never heard of that!

They can. One instance is if the person has a kidney transplant. My dad has low kidney function and is on the waiting list for a transplant. Apparently, his kidneys will remain in his body with the donor kidney as an addition. 

People who donate their kidney whilst still alive function with just one. It can carry out the function of both. 

Yep, people often don't realize that people who get a kidney transplant don't have their old kidney taken out, they just get the new kidney added giving them three total. If they get a double transplant they might even have four kidneys. People are also occasionally born with four kidneys or, apparently, even five.

This is interesting. Apparently 1 in 700 people are born with just one kidney. Info per the National Kidney Foundation. Unless you have an ultrasound for some other issue (gallbladder, liver) you are unlikely to ever know. Uni-kidneys are about 10% larger.

I know my father has only one. And I think either some of his brothers or at least his father was also missing a kidney. I just assumed it was one of those things that can be passed done from generation to generation.

Does one kidney make pregnancy risky or is it the same?
As for Sierra getting into Quiverfull, if I recall, she was a fan who met them at Wal-mart. I can't recall exactly, but I think she was normal. It was explained some pages back.

They can. One instance is if the person has a kidney transplant. My dad has low kidney function and is on the waiting list for a transplant. Apparently, his kidneys will remain in his body with the donor kidney as an addition. 

People who donate their kidney whilst still alive function with just one. It can carry out the function of both. 

Yes my friend had a transplant last year. I assumed that they would remove his diseased (non-cancerous) kidney, but no, they keep it in and he has 3 now. apparently the 5-10% kidney function from his diseased kidney is considered better than just removing it. My friend wishes his scars weren't so obvious so he could surprise ultrasounds techs.

My English teacher at High School was a "mirror image" twin. He had the most extreme case - his heart was on the wrong side of his chest, for example. fascinating. it was picked up by a med student panicking after he came in for stitches after a minor car crash and the student couldn't hear his heart at all. His internal organs are all in mirrored locations. :wow:more details here: 

the term mirror twins, refers to the fact that they have the same physical features but opposite asymmetric features. If one twin is right handed the other twin is left handed, a twin with a birthmark on his left check will have a mirror twin with a birthmark on his right check. They can even have hair that whorls in opposite directions and opposite teeth. In more extreme cases, twins even have mirrored internal organs, such as one with heart on the right and the co-twin with his heart on the left - even the skeletal features may be reversed. http://www.twin-pregnancy-and-beyond.com/mirror-twins.html 

I have a friend with one kidney, who got pregnant with twins. As the pregnancy developed the strain on her kidney got stronger and stronger, to a point where there were real fears for her wellbeing. Now, admittedly it didn't help that she'd put on nearly 100lbs during the pregnancy...

Thankfully it all worked out ok, she made it to eight months and had a C-section and two beautiful healthy babies.

Just saying to Sierra on the off chance she reads here - if you get pregnant with twins, watch your weight like a hawk!!!

Snipped

My English teacher at High School was a "mirror image" twin. He had the most extreme case - his heart was on the wrong side of his chest, for example. fascinating. it was picked up by a med student panicking after he came in for stitches after a minor car crash and the student couldn't hear his heart at all. His internal organs are all in mirrored locations. :wow:more details here: 

Snipped

My dad's internal organs are all on the opposite side of his body.  He's now in his 70s and volunteers his time for when medical students are doing their practical exams. They have to find his heartbeat (dad says it's quite scary that sometimes they can't) and then diagnose the related bronchial/lung trouble he has.

Dad likes to joke that his thumbs are reversed too...and catches some people checking.

Yes my friend had a transplant last year. I assumed that they would remove his diseased (non-cancerous) kidney, but no, they keep it in and he has 3 now. apparently the 5-10% kidney function from his diseased kidney is considered better than just removing it. My friend wishes his scars weren't so obvious so he could surprise ultrasounds techs.

the term mirror twins, refers to the fact that they have the same physical features but opposite asymmetric features. If one twin is right handed the other twin is left handed, a twin with a birthmark on his left check will have a mirror twin with a birthmark on his right check. They can even have hair that whorls in opposite directions and opposite teeth. In more extreme cases, twins even have mirrored internal organs, such as one with heart on the right and the co-twin with his heart on the left - even the skeletal features may be reversed. http://www.twin-pregnancy-and-beyond.com/mirror-twins.html 

That's crazy! I've never heard of something like that before. It would have to be super freaky to have a living breathing person in front of you with no heartbeat.

well that explains Sierra - she wanted to be an actress 

and she got her wish. 

:D all those episodes she has been - her inner self must love showing those eyes on tv 

her blog is hilarious 

A little late to the 'Name Game' but I have been MIA for a while. 

My Eden Caroline is 13. I was worried that JessaBlessa would use the name Eden and 'sully' it LOL I was relieved she didn't and then BugEyesForTheDuggarsFame used it and spelled it ridiculously. Ugh! I AM relieved though that the only place I will read about Edyn is here, rather than reading about her in People or seeing her on TV. 

I'm from the Deep South and don't understand the appeal of 'trendy/cutesy/just plain weird spelling' childrens names. Just think, in 30 years when I'm in my 70's(Lord willing), I'll be seeing Dr. Brayahnna Louease Miller and Dr. Jaesyn Mychael Smith. :)

Yikes, she is dramatic isn't she. She was an 18 year old suffering from what many 18 year olds do. She didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. She turned it into such a big thing on her blog post.

And does anyone else think its weird to have the goal to be a motivational speaker? I don't follow those types, but aren't most motivational speakers accomplished in some way and then use their accomplishments to motivate others? Wanting to be a motivational speaker without first trying to succeed and accomplish something strikes me as lazy and narcissistic. 

There is a contestant on Food Network's 'Holiday Baking Championship' that I have stared at for weeks now and wondered 'WHO is it that she reminds me of with her eyes that can bug at any moment and facial structure?' Well, you guessed it...she reminds me of Sierra Jo! I wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't just been on Free Jinger today, reading and posting. 

Now, I can really relax and enjoy the remaining episodes without constantly wondering 'who, who, who???' ;)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived