IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

She never struck me as someone who was that terrible, just somebody who was overwhelmed planning an event with over 1000 supposed guests, without practically any direction from the actual hosts.

On another note, I wonder how much revenue a Duggar wedding brings in for the Tontitown area.

Haha probably not much. The fundies stay at each others' houses and just throw more hot dogs on the grill. So Walmart sees a slight uptick in picnic item sales. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh the age thing is hard. I met my fiancé when I was 14, and he was 19. We kept things pretty clean until I ended up moving in after graduating at 17 due to unforeseen familial circumstances that would've left me living in my car. I now have a 9 month old daughter with him, and we're getting married in 5 months. I'm almost 21, he just turned 25. I used to be skeeved by age gaps, but after experiencing a relationship with an age gap, Im not creeped out anymore. Not saying this is always how it goes, but sometimes it does.

So, if she met her husband when she was 18 and married him when she was 19 and that was in December, she would have met him in April, when she was still finishing up her senior year of high school. He was 24. She was EIGHTEEN. And still in HIGH SCHOOL. I call so much creep on this dude. :ew: :ew: :ew:

Looking at her I thought she was like 32. Also I just wanted to say I read the handmaids tale this weekend and Omigod I wish there was more it was so good.

But I believe women should respect men as the leaders of the household.

How do people like this end up here on FJ? I thought mainstream Christians were supposed to be "cool" because they are progressive/believe in equality for everyone. [emoji57]

I have attended the church where her husband held the youth director position.

Ok so control came out wrong. I don't believe control is right. But I believe women should respect men as the leaders of the household. Her husband had NO say in anything. She literally would hold her hand up to his mouth and tell him to hush if she had something to say.... seriously.

Thanks for answering. I was just curious as to your specific knowledge of her. And wow, that is just plain RUDE how you've noted her responses to him. No one in a marriage should be so disrespectful toward their spouse.

Wait, telling her husband to be quiet so she can talk is a really bad thing??

Yes, absolutely, it is (IMHO), if it is done in a disrespectul, rude, or condescending manner.

The "this" trend usually gets downvotes on reddit. Why has it suddenly become popular here?

Probably because here there aren't upvotes and downvotes to silently serve the same purpose. That being said, I would love the ability to upvote and downvote here!

Ehh the age thing is hard. I met my fiancé when I was 14, and he was 19. We kept things pretty clean until I ended up moving in after graduating at 17 due to unforeseen familial circumstances that would've left me living in my car. I now have a 9 month old daughter with him, and we're getting married in 5 months. I'm almost 21, he just turned 25. I used to be skeeved by age gaps, but after experiencing a relationship with an age gap, Im not creeped out anymore. Not saying this is always how it goes, but sometimes it does.

I make judgments on a case by case basis. For example I know a couple she is 19 and he is 31. However, she is a stereotypical gold digger and he appears to be oblivious. She clearly wants his money. He thinks she is a nice girl who "isn't like that" despite everyone telling him she is only after his money. She has been the one pushing the relationship. Everyone thinks this ends with her getting pregnate eventually to push him into marrying her or at least getting child support. If I didn't know the two of them and hadn't seen them together I would think that 31 and 19 was creepy.

Yes, absolutely, it is (IMHO), if it is done in a disrespectul, rude, or condescending manner.

But as far as Sierra...no one knows her intent.

And let's be honest...is anyone so perfect that they are never rude to their spouse?!

Don't get me wrong, from what I've seen of her on the show, I think she's annoying. :)

Holy cow the meds spreadsheet. :lol:

i think i would have gotten a migraine drawing all those tiny boxes with times, etc. etc.

Her FB reminds me of another person i follow on FB who shares ever.y.thing.

What's really scary is that Sierra's is so public. She should be more cautious, imo. It's fun to snark about but i hope for her family's sake she makes it friends-only. But then, she does have over 700 FB friends... :lol:

SpringdaleMom02, no offense, but I'm having a hard time believing what you're saying. I don't doubt you know her, but your description of her behavior sounds like you're describing a naughty toddler.

I sense an uptight church goer who bears some resentment towards Sierra.

I'll take a pinch of salt, thanks.

I'm not a big fan of large age gaps between people. I know someone who is 37 & she is getting married to someone that is 55 years old.

Yup - I would never dream of "shushing" my husband. And would expect he have the same respect for me. It's rude to "shush" anyone.

I'm not a big fan of large age gaps between people. I know someone who is 37 & she is getting married to someone that is 55 years old.

To each their own. My husband is 16 years older than I am. The age difference makes no difference to us. I've been in love with him since I laid eyes on him, and he with me. We work. If it's not for you, then good for you.

DH is 8 years older than me. It's really not that big of a deal, our personalities fit and we're happy. Who gives a crap about the rest. We didn't meet until I was 19 and he was 27, but hes it for me.

And no, he wasn't rich, we were both in the military and weren't really rolling in dough at the time. I think I actually make more than him now, lol.

Agreed on the whole judging age gaps on a case by case basis, when my parents first met my mum was 19 and my dad 38! I'd never dream of doing something similar, but it worked for them...

Does anyone know why her badge would say "crew" and not "cast" or "talent" in this photo? Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here, but the terminology seems off. facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154646721680106&set=pb.535410105.-2207520000.1430348509.&type=3&theater&_rdr

Edited to fix link

I wouldn't want to have to do the Duggar weddings especially if it were more of a real wedding reception. Either way she got more than she bargained for taking on those weddings.

Did anyone see that someone threw Michael and Brandon an engagement party or wedding shower, and Kelly Jo posted on their instagram a thank you to a Mrs Dominguez. Do we think it is Sierra? It seems like the party was at Big Sandy,

Anyway, if so, then Sierra is becoming the party planner to the fundie stars.

She annoys the fuck out of me, so I really hope she doesn't start appearing on the Bates Family show as well.

Ok, so I went onto Sierra's FB page and let me tell you this, the girl gets $40 for a doz chocolate covered strawberries. I mean.. seriously? Are they berries lined in gold? I'm not berating her because obviously if she is pulling down some big fundie funds by charging people $40 for a doz strawberries that cost her $2.99 at Wally World, then more power to her. But it makes me realize that I really need to rethink my life and figure out how I can turn a flat of strawberries into a cash crop. But other than that I wasn't too impressed w/ her event planning. My sister is a wedding planner and my sister could have put together an event to remember, maybe I'm just biased because my sister has more knack than Sierra does for wedding planning, but Sierra's wedding planning skills sorely suck! :P

Did anyone see that someone threw Michael and Brandon an engagement party or wedding shower, and Kelly Jo posted on their instagram a thank you to a Mrs Dominguez. Do we think it is Sierra? It seems like the party was at Big Sandy,

Anyway, if so, then Sierra is becoming the party planner to the fundie stars.

She annoys the fuck out of me, so I really hope she doesn't start appearing on the Bates Family show as well.

Yes, that's her. She's in the picture they posted along with it, right in the front (yes, the very visibly pregnant one).

Sierra is a drama llama and I have to turn down the sound everytime she is on. The bug eyes and overdone makeup and hair also drives me nuts. When they had a promo on the Duggar wedding special, I wanted to barf every time she came on and announced, "It's a train wreck!" She is the idiot who didn't supervise the freezer door being shut too. :angry-banghead:

Sierra is a drama llama and I have to turn down the sound everytime she is on. The bug eyes and overdone makeup and hair also drives me nuts. When they had a promo on the Duggar wedding special, I wanted to barf every time she came on and announced, "It's a train wreck!" She is the idiot who didn't supervise the freezer door being shut too. :angry-banghead:

The freezer door situation was always mind boggling to me.

Probably because here there aren't upvotes and downvotes to silently serve the same purpose. That being said, I would love the ability to upvote and downvote here!

I thought that is what the thumbs-up in the top right corner was for. I have used it like an upvote....it is far more efficient than "this" or "ita"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived