IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

This this this this this. THIS. So much THIS.

She was even of full age when they met. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The "this" trend usually gets downvotes on reddit. Why has it suddenly become popular here?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another to add that their age difference is not a problem. Girls often mature faster than guys.

Nobody who had claimed this has ever been able to provide a peer-reviewed source for this claim when I ask them. Care to share?

Nobody who had claimed this has ever been able to provide a peer-reviewed source for this claim when I ask them. Care to share?

It appears to be true that female brains mature faster than male brains. (Info from Time here: http://healthland.time.com/2013/12/19/w ... ys-brains/, not sure if the original published article/study is available anywhere). Not sure if any studies have followed up to see if that brain maturity actually produces social maturity.

It appears to be true that female brains mature faster than male brains. (Info from Time here: http://healthland.time.com/2013/12/19/w ... ys-brains/, not sure if the original published article/study is available anywhere). Not sure if any studies have followed up to see if that brain maturity actually produces social maturity.

No link to the study and the second comment does a great job of challenging the conclusion of the article. But, I can always learn more by reading the study itself. Do you have that link?

No link to the study and the second comment does a great job of challenging the conclusion of the article. But, I can always learn more by reading the study itself. Do you have that link?

I really don't care whether the oft expressed "girls mature faster" bit is true. Even if it was true on average, that wouldn't mean it would be true for any specific individuals.

Your comment made me wonder if any studies had been done and that one was referenced by several articles and appeared to be an actual study. But unless you're really into rhetorical questions, I'm not sure what a link would do for you if I had it.

She seems like a nice enough girl and I see nothing wrong with her family except for the fact that she is fundie. I do wonder though whether the Duggars really go out of their way to surround their kids with those traditional long skirt wearing women and short haired men and whether they would even let someone non fundie into their house or allow to befriend their kids

I fell in, guys. I found her blog.

Apparently she was compelled to delete a previous version because it offended a church deacon's wife? Interesting. Very interesting.

Blog not up to date anymore though, only two posts in January.

Her writing is far more tolerable than other fundies, but her explanation for controlling her son's vocabulary made me giggle.

Edited to add a comma.

She seems like a nice enough girl and I see nothing wrong with her family except for the fact that she is fundie. I do wonder though whether the Duggars really go out of their way to surround their kids with those traditional long skirt wearing women and short haired men and whether they would even let someone non fundie into their house or allow to befriend their kids

You mean like the camera crew? :lol:

---

A lot of times when I watch the show I feel like TLC introduces new characters to try to liven things up. I do not believe TLC is just going along with how the Duggars live their life. I do think it is way more scripted and planned than the term "reality TV" would lead you to believe. Another way the Duggars are disingenuous.

---

Agree completely.

Until proven otherwise, it's a decent bet they have a spreadsheet or a board somewhere with the names and stories of people they think stand out enough to be potential cast members/storylines.

I still think the whole Derick/Nepal thing was a boon that perhaps wasn't completely without encouragement from someone. Don't Michelle and Jim Bob have meetings with production? Oh, hey this kid is my prayer partner and he's in Nepal we could go see him... oh wait he's interested in Jill... bingo, episodes.

ETA imo Sierra is smart enough and worldly enough to have seen that opportunity to be known and kinda famous (in a way that tied into family and religion and ministry in her view) and enough of a somewhat annoying go-getter to make it happen. 8-)

I really don't care whether the oft expressed "girls mature faster" bit is true. Even if it was true on average, that wouldn't mean it would be true for any specific individuals.

Your comment made me wonder if any studies had been done and that one was referenced by several articles and appeared to be an actual study. But unless you're really into rhetorical questions, I'm not sure what a link would do for you if I had it.

It is actually used to justify older men getting into emotional and sexual relationships with much younger women/girls.

So yeah, it kinda matters.

The "this" trend usually gets downvotes on reddit. Why has it suddenly become popular here?

This isn't reddit, dear.

Some here are of the opinion that Sierra could have done more to organize the events she was in charge of with the resources she had at hand.

I'm wondering, though, if she didn't do certain things differently exactly because she didn't have enough to work with, or didn't receive good communication from her "clients." I can't really think of a good reason why Sierra wouldn't have come up with the rental of outdoor heaters on her own without feeling like she needed permission from Jessa and Ben, but what if Jim Bob told Jessa flat-out, "No, I'm not springing for the heater rental, I've spent enough money on this affair." Maybe the whole sequence where Sierra scrambles for heaters on the show didn't really happen at all, it was just scripted so that Jim Bob and the newlyweds wouldn't look cheap or inconsiderate toward their guests.

(Although if you ask me, Jessa and company already passed that party-planning event horizon when they decided not to put out chairs and tables for their guests in the parking lot, or even cover the area)

Thanks for the Sierra links. My thoughts...

*Wow, I would have never guessed 25. She definitely looks 5 years older, and I have to say, I totally think it's the wear of frequent pregnancy and motherhood (just my personal opinion, but it's based on how she looked at 19 when she married, and how much she looks like she's aged since.)

*WWFT? (What would fundies think?) Panties for photos (is that her bachelorette party or bridal shower???)

*WOW! That's a LOT of "Show my preggo belly for the camera" photos. Don't begrudge her the right to take all the photos she wants, but I personally would have no desire to post that many on FB (and when she sees this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if she locks her account down, so if you want to check out her page, better do so now.) ETA: exposed (bare skin) preggo belly shots (WWDT? What would Duggars think?)

*Her family (Sierra, hubby, children) is ADORABLE! Seriously, very cute family.

*Yes, totally can see the fundie transformation. My question is,....why? Did her dh take a pastor's job in the Bible belt, and they either a) felt they should "fit" the mold or b) they were sucked in, or c) it's simply the path they chose (though obviously based on some local influence in AR).

*I hope her chocolate fruit biz looks more professional than the shots she posted on her FB page?

*CARTHAGE. OMgoodness. It's a dinky little country town with less than 3,000 people and I KNOW someone who lives there (also, fundie; great family, and plenty of kids.). I was surprised that their paths are not crossed (though they inevidibly will cross due to my friends' biz), though my connections are MUCH more fundie than it appears Sierra would have been while living there.

I can offer you some more info on her. Most of your info is dead on. I can actually tell you that she met the Duggar's at Walmart. Her husband told them she was a huge fan and the Duggar's invited them over. The rest is history. After that she started acting like them, dressing like them etc...

She DOES NOT run a youth group. Her husband for a short time did at a church in Northwest Arkansas. Mark is a very nice guy but her however.... she is whatever has been said on this thread. Bossy, controlling, rude and just plain weird. She came into the church he worked at and caused more than enough problems. The husband is supposed to be in control per the bible and well... in their case she very much runs the show. Not hard to believe is it?? Based on her bossy ways on the show.

The way she has and what I know she has done makes me wonder just how the Duggar's let her in without truly knowing her.

I honestly have a hard time watching any episode anymore after having to see her. Knowing the real her... I have to admit I used to enjoy it. It is hard now.

She came into the church he worked at and caused more than enough problems. The husband is supposed to be in control per the bible and well... in their case she very much runs the show.

Can I ask how you know so much about her? Does she move in your personal circles? Did you attend the church where she allegedly caused so much trouble? No judgmental tone here, just honestly wondering how you know more than others.

FWIW, Christians do not believe and practice that "the husband is supposed to control per the bible." That is absolutely a gross misrepresentation, misinterpretation, and/or misunderstanding of the scriptures. More accurately, husbands are to show leadership (not control, not "headship" in the patriarchal sense) within their famlies (and I wouldn't want a husband who cannot stand up for his family as a leader). They are also to yield in matters that practically call for it (ie. when a wife knows more about, say, a household budget). Furthermore, they are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church, which is the ultimate sacrificial love and humility of heart.

Can I ask how you know so much about her? Does she move in your personal circles? Did you attend the church where she allegedly caused so much trouble? No judgmental tone here, just honestly wondering how you know more than others.

FWIW, Christians do not believe and practice that "the husband is supposed to control per the bible." That is absolutely a gross misrepresentation, misinterpretation, and/or misunderstanding of the scriptures. More accurately, husbands are to show leadership (not control, not "headship" in the patriarchal sense) within their famlies (and I wouldn't want a husband who cannot stand up for his family as a leader). They are also to yield in matters that practically call for it (ie. when a wife knows more about, say, a household budget). Furthermore, they are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church, which is the ultimate sacrificial love and humility of heart.

I have attended the church where her husband held the youth director position.

Ok so control came out wrong. I don't believe control is right. But I believe women should respect men as the leaders of the household. Her husband had NO say in anything. She literally would hold her hand up to his mouth and tell him to hush if she had something to say.... seriously.

I have attended the church where her husband held the youth director position.

Ok so control came out wrong. I don't believe control is right. But I believe women should respect men as the leaders of the household. Her husband had NO say in anything. She literally would hold her hand up to his mouth and tell him to hush if she had something to say.... seriously.

THE HORROR! :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

I guess you missed the "this is not a Duggar leghumping website" memo.

She never struck me as someone who was that terrible, just somebody who was overwhelmed planning an event with over 1000 supposed guests, without practically any direction from the actual hosts.

On another note, I wonder how much revenue a Duggar wedding brings in for the Tontitown area.

Wait, telling her husband to be quiet so she can talk is a really bad thing??

Interrupting him by placing her hand over his mouth and never letting him have a word in... yes. Rude.

Interrupting him by placing her hand over his mouth and never letting him have a word in... yes. Rude.

Eh. My husband and I do that sort of thing to each other all the time. It's hard to say how someone else's relationship is unless you're a part of it. I'm sure things my husband and I do or say to each other could be seen as "rude" to outsiders but we're quite happy and we respect each other. I don't think something so small should be a large indicator of how their relationship is.

I can offer you some more info on her. Most of your info is dead on. I can actually tell you that she met the Duggar's at Walmart. Her husband told them she was a huge fan and the Duggar's invited them over. The rest is history. After that she started acting like them, dressing like them etc...

She DOES NOT run a youth group. Her husband for a short time did at a church in Northwest Arkansas. Mark is a very nice guy but her however.... she is whatever has been said on this thread. Bossy, controlling, rude and just plain weird. She came into the church he worked at and caused more than enough problems. The husband is supposed to be in control per the bible and well... in their case she very much runs the show. Not hard to believe is it?? Based on her bossy ways on the show.

The way she has and what I know she has done makes me wonder just how the Duggar's let her in without truly knowing her.

I honestly have a hard time watching any episode anymore after having to see her. Knowing the real her... I have to admit I used to enjoy it. It is hard now.

The Duggars are evangelists. They will evangelize anyone who seems interested. I'm sure JB&M consider Sierra (and Derick, and Ben) souls won for Jesus Gothard. :roll:

THE HORROR! :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

I guess you missed the "this is not a Duggar leghumping website" memo.

Duggar leghumping website? Funny. I was just providing info on their crazy wedding planner.

Eh. My husband and I do that sort of thing to each other all the time. It's hard to say how someone else's relationship is unless you're a part of it. I'm sure things my husband and I do or say to each other could be seen as "rude" to outsiders but we're quite happy and we respect each other. I don't think something so small should be a large indicator of how their relationship is.

Oh I get that. Me and my husband do things only we understand that others might not. I only touched briefly on what I saw with her in general. I could go on and on. Maybe he doesn't mind how she is to him. Their business. But how she is in general is just plain annoying. I witnessed her try and control every situation/event she was around. Even when her help was not asked. ANNOYING.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived