• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
iheartjnames

Family Size, Let God decide

iheartjnames

Okay so it looks like the Duggars and the Bates have both stalled at 19, what is the largest fundie family. And yes I mean delivered by one mom. Not one of these I delivered 3 kids and then adopted 23, not that I don't think adoption is not real (just don't want to start that debate).

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

ladyamylynn
Okay so it looks like the Duggars and the Bates have both stalled at 19, what is the largest fundie family. And yes I mean delivered by one mom. Not one of these I delivered 3 kids and then adopted 23, not that I don't think adoption is not real (just don't want to start that debate).

whatsondalian.com/news-649-ukraine-s-most-prolific-mum-leonora-nameni-41-gives-birth-to-20th-child.html

Here's an article about a family in Ukraine, Leonora and Yanosh Nameni, with 21 kids. According to Wikipedia, they're Apostolic and don't practice birth control. The article above also mentions that they live on a farm and don't watch TV, which sounds pretty "fundie" to me by our informal standards.

ILoveJellybeans

Wow, Michelle and Jimbob have a long way to go :o

I bet theyre sooooo jealous of all these people who had more than 30! But honestly, I don't know how they remember all of their children's names and birthdays.

Bethella
Have you guys heard of the woman in Germany who is 65, has 13 children and is now pregnant with IVF quadruplets because her 9 year old youngest asked for a sibling? mental... hhttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... uadruplets (not breaking because it's the guardian)

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=25610

DGayle
Have you guys heard of the woman in Germany who is 65, has 13 children and is now pregnant with IVF quadruplets because her 9 year old youngest asked for a sibling? mental... hhttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... uadruplets (not breaking because it's the guardian)

I started a thread on that in the off-topic forum. That woman is incredibly irresponsible.

PennySycamore

Susanna Wesley, nee Annesley was the 25th of 25 children. She went on the bear 19 children, nine of whom died as infants and one was smothered by a maid. Four of the infants who died were twins. I don't know if she had any twins that survived. Two of the children that survived were John and Charles, the founders of Methodism. She is often considered the Mother ofMethodism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susanna_Wesley

Ave Maria

Edit: I'm a big doofus who posted in the wrong thread. Please ignore this post. :)

DaffyDill

I grew up in a small country town in Australia (population about 2,500-3,000) and there was a family in the town which had 22 children. The husband died of a heart attack in his late fifties /early sixties and thereafter, there were no more children. As far as I remember, there was only one set of twins, and quite possibly, no television :lol:

Toothfairy

She's not fundie, but my grandma had 22 kids. A couple of multiples in there.

nelliebelle1197

My husband's best friend is one of 19; my brother in law is one of 17. No twins in either bunch. They are both New Zealanders as several families on that list seem to be!

Milly-Molly-Mandy
there was that Russian lady who had like 64 kids

Some people believe that was false. It claims she has multiple sets of triplets, quads etc that survived long before NICU and medical interventions

When you think about it how is that even possible? When most women with mega families don't reach 20, that she would reach 60+??