IGNORED

Derrick Waller and Jennifer Wilkes engaged!

xReems

2) OT as well, but very snark worthy IMO. In his personal story, Matthew Wilkes says "As I watched Joshua, my own flesh and blood, approach the marriage altar with a manly step, then being married and enjoying the beauty of married life, the Lord began to show me with greater clarity how wonderful and Christ-like it is for a young man to find a wife".

Translation, "It made me realize how very much I want to have sex on a regular basis, or any basis. It just made me realize I want to have sex. Sex seems good and manly and I want to feel manly and good. Manly and good like Christ felt."

re: not posting on a blog.

Sometimes people wander off to other social media platforms and the blog gets left behind.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translation, "It made me realize how very much I want to have sex on a regular basis, or any basis. It just made me realize I want to have sex. Sex seems good and manly and I want to feel manly and good. Manly and good like Christ felt."

Sometimes people wander off to other social media platforms and the blog gets left behind.

I just spit water on myself I laughed so hard at that translation! Thanks I needed that today! :lol:

:lol: That's the best translation one could think of.

I googled the Wilkeses to find something other than their blog, and nothing. No Facebook, even though some of their closest friends are there. I need to get a hobby...

Thanks halcionne!

If anything, I would think running the farm would put him under MORE pressure to marry, not less.

While I have always been slightly suspicious about Davey, I had always assumed that the pressure from his parents was just how they were and that any unmarried child above a certain age would have an equal amount of pressure to marry. However, that doesn't seem to be the case at all. It seems that their treatment of David was unique.

Re-reading David's story in this light, I now think his parents seem more motivated by fear than I thought before. Now it seems as though the immense amount of marriage pressure they put on David is because they are afraid...perhaps afraid that he will never marry otherwise or perhaps afraid that he would come out with a reason why he cannot marry.

Whatever David's orientation, it seems his PARENTS were worried that he would not settle down with a woman on his own. There is a sort of feeling among some (perhaps many) fundies that a "Godly Heterosexual Relationship" will "cure" other sexual urges. Perhaps his parents were worried about his sexual orientation and pushed him into a marriage to "make sure" he was hetero. Doesn't mean he was/is gay. There are many heterosexual men who have more feminine tendencies. But it seems his parents may have been worried about his not wanting to get married.

I honestly don't know about David's orientation really, but do agree that it was his parents that were worried that he would not get married on his own, for whatever reason that was. It was clear from his blog that his not wanting to get married was his parent's issue and not his, they made it an issue for him. Even though his other brother was older when he got married, there didn't seem to be any hesitation on his part or parental pressure on him so there was some fear that the parents had in regards to David.

• 2 weeks later...

David and Priscilla updated their blog! The photo of the happy couple is on there, and they said once they know, they will give more details on the wedding date and stuff. There's an updated photo of the Wilkes family, and it appears there are only the 3 grandchildren so far. Both moms are holding the babies right on their laps, so if there's any new pregnancies, I can't tell.

They have several videos on there. They talk of how their siblings remain their "best friends" and yet how blessed they are to have friends such as Robert and Kendalyn. Man; they look good compared to Stevehovah! A little "trying-too-hard" in the video talks, but it's more balancing out. At least I'd like to think so.

Deep breaths, every body.

David was chosen as Gothard's corporate heir, thus he needed to be married.

I doubt it had anything to do with his bearing or demeanor.

They've got the Duggar family, the Mueller family, who's next? Maybe one of David's sisters with a Bates son? Okay, gotta stop; then I'll wonder if David and Priscilla have met the Maxwells. Or will? This is shaping up to be VERY interesting.

These ATI families better be careful or they're going to end up like the FLDS in a generation or two: Everyone is a Jessop (Duggar) and your family tree is a wreath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Waller family website will be live streaming the wedding at

11 am eastern time tomorrow morning.

Anyone else watching this today?

David Waller is the master of ceremonies. LOL Why does he have to wave his hands when he's leading the songs ?

As someone currently planning a wedding, I have realized that this is exactly what I don't want my wedding to be. On a bright note, no matter how bad mine is, I can be sure it won't be as bad as this one.

The singers. Ugh.

that was the most awkward fucking pastor omg

Only these people can turn a wedding into a political statement.

Archived