IGNORED

Best & Worst Duggar Moments

apandaaries

How old was poor Josie

I think she was about 3 1/2 or 4. It was the 16th episode in Season 4, "A Big Idea."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old was poor Josie

What kind of medical emergency is this? (If it is one?) I can't help but think of a salon hair treatment. I'm sorry, I hadn't heard of this happening to Josie before.

What kind of medical emergency is this? (If it is one?) I can't help but think of a salon hair treatment. I'm sorry, I hadn't heard of this happening to Josie before.

It was a leaky diaper from hell

I haven't seen the episode. But I am assuming people are talking about a diaper blow out - meaning, a really bad poop diaper that has leaked.

It was a leaky diaper from hell

I haven't seen the episode. But I am assuming people are talking about a diaper blow out - meaning, a really bad poop diaper that has leaked.

Oh. Gotcha.

I think so...poor Jana.

When I was seven, my mom watched my preemie twin cousins and one day my cousin had a seizure. I had to call 911 but it was hard to get words out because it scared me to death to watch my baby cousin so helpless. Jana probably knows a lot more about seizures than my 7 year old self but I still sympathize with her reaction and I personally wouldn't want to be filmed during an ordeal like that.

It's terrifying watching a loved one go through something like this. My sister has a history of atonic seizures (she was a preemie) so our family is pretty well trained in what to do if she has one but once when my father had pneumonia he fainted while sitting on her couch. I happened to be walking into the room with my niece and nephew (then both under 5). Within seconds I had them in another room (before they saw anything) and the ambulance had been called. He came around pretty quickly but it was horrible especially because we didn't think he was that sick.

I couldn't imagine what I'd do in that situation if I was any of them. Not only was there Josie but also the other younger kids who would have been incredibly upset and probably didn't quite understand what was going on. Either if this was a one time occurrence or just a particularly long seizure.

For me, the absolute worst moment involving the Duggars (though there are a lot of candidates here) is when they told their kids about Jubilee's death, filmed it, and put it on national television. I don't really care that they televised the funeral, or their own reaction to the news (that's their choice), but to bring in the kids and put them through such a personal moment, especially considering how seriously the death is in their worldview? Disgusting. That was the moment I finally gave up on seeing a good side to them.

And if they staged it, that's just as terrible.

JB dry humping Michelle on the golf course in front of Jessa and Ben. Josie pooping on the screen and Michelle discussing her having difficulties in that area. Them indifferently filming Jason being taken to teh hospital after he fell down. Filming awkward and unhappy Jordyn and Jenni at the dentist. I could go on and on.

I get the point about the crossed line with reality, but by that same token, then, those who are apalled naturally will not be viewing the upcoming episode, right? :wink-kitty:

I have to say, the thing that really makes it "over the top" wrong is that they don't mind showing a distraught Jana (who is camera shy to begin with) and a struggling Josie in this latest episode, BUT...

We are not allowed in the Church of the Blacked-Out Windows (CBW).

Now, why in thee blazes would CBW be a sacred secret (what the heck are they saying/doing in there?) but exposing the frailties of a minor child and disrespecting the God-given bent of an older child on camera is hunky dory with them?

Why??? :pull-hair: (edit: spelling)

I get the point about the crossed line with reality, but by that same token, then, those who are apalled naturally will not be viewing the upcoming episode, right? :wink-kitty:

I have to say, the thing that really makes it "over the top" wrong is that they don't mind showing a distraught Jana (who is camera shy to begin with) and a struggling Josie in this latest episode, BUT...

We are not allowed in the Church of the Blacked-Out Windows (CBW).

Now, why in thee blazes would CBW be a sacred secret (what the heck are they saying/doing in there?) but exposing the frailties of a minor child and disrespecting the God-given bent of an older child on camera is hunky dory with them?

Why??? :pull-hair: (edit: spelling)

I haven't decided yet. I think this one is going to be a new ultimate low--at five, Josie has never had to apply for a job that requires a physical and/or medical history disclosure and/or tried out for, say, a sports team that required the same. I don't know of any five year old with enough of an understanding of the adult world to be able to make an informed decision to air something like that. She's always been the speshul snowflake, and, if anything, is probably THRILLED to be the "star" in this episode and probably doesn't have a clue how this could affect her later in life.

I watch 19KAC via iTunes season pass, so I've already paid for the episode. Idk if the ~$2.00 on the episode is enough to justify watching it.

The worst for me is seeing Michelle so disconnected from her children like some have stated already here.

The best to me (and my husband...he likes this part too) is in Josh and Anna's honeymoon episode where the crew asks Josh while he is in the kitchen of their beach house, "was it everything you thought it would be?" And Josh says "the house or...." and then makes a face. It just shows one little glimpse of him behaving like a "normal" person. He doesn't go into details or make it all awkward like JB would at any mention of the subject. He just makes a cute little comment and face and then moves on. We just always have liked that part.

It's here at 3:36

It's terrifying watching a loved one go through something like this. My sister has a history of atonic seizures (she was a preemie) so our family is pretty well trained in what to do if she has one but once when my father had pneumonia he fainted while sitting on her couch. I happened to be walking into the room with my niece and nephew (then both under 5). Within seconds I had them in another room (before they saw anything) and the ambulance had been called. He came around pretty quickly but it was horrible especially because we didn't think he was that sick.

I couldn't imagine what I'd do in that situation if I was any of them. Not only was there Josie but also the other younger kids who would have been incredibly upset and probably didn't quite understand what was going on. Either if this was a one time occurrence or just a particularly long seizure.

I was nine and the only one with my brother in a video arcade when he had his first seizure. It was horrible and I can't imagine having camera on me during that, even at my current age. The fact that these people can't even get some privacy when they're crying about a sibling's health is kind of disgusting to me.

The worst for me is seeing Michelle so disconnected from her children like some have stated already here.

The best to me (and my husband...he likes this part too) is in Josh and Anna's honeymoon episode where the crew asks Josh while he is in the kitchen of their beach house, "was it everything you thought it would be?" And Josh says "the house or...." and then makes a face. It just shows one little glimpse of him behaving like a "normal" person. He doesn't go into details or make it all awkward like JB would at any mention of the subject. He just makes a cute little comment and face and then moves on. We just always have liked that part.

It's here at 3:36

That is a really cute moment. So this is what I'm going to imagine their everyday relationship is like.

Church of the Blacked Out Windows? Someone fill me in, please.

I'm pretty sure it is just a reference to where JB holds church. They black out the windows for privacy.

Church of the Blacked Out Windows? Someone fill me in, please.

Their church is in a big warehouse space that apparently has covered the windows. I think I found it on google maps once upon a time. I'll check again.

cross posted with veron1que

Their church is in a big warehouse space that apparently has covered the windows. I think I found it on google maps once upon a time. I'll check again.

cross posted with veron1que

Pretty sure someone linked to a few pics of it, once, here (both outside and in.) And yes, it was a reference to the warehouse with the covered windows.

Worst: Anything with Amy or that idiot wedding planner Sierra (or whatever her name is). Amy is such a loud mouthed attention seeker, and that wedding planner thinks she is so self important. Please, you sit a 1000 or so people down in seats and then have ice cream, it's not that hard. I also don't like anything where JB looks likes he is dry humping Michelle. Any time Ben or Derrick speaks is annoying. Derrick says ridiculous things like where he tells the baby to come out now (at the check up) and where they were practicing for the birth. Ben stops and starts his sentences and has no idea where he is going with what he is saying and seems to get verbal diarrhea, I think that's why Jessa tries to talk for him all of the time. When JB and the family travel really stresses me out. We get tourists here just like him, and they are so rude and ignorant. I don't like Jill much either, she seems like the family know it all, kind of reminds me of Jan Brady.

Best: Watching Anna become more comfortable with herself (even though I hate all the anti abortion crap on IG), Old episodes where Jana was happy and smiling a lot, Anything with Joy, because she really is like her name, and isn't afraid to be different. I like old Josiah, that had some spark and wit about him, but that seems to be phased out now. I am looking forward to seeing more Ben and Jessa at home though, they interest me more than anyone else.

Like everyone else here, my worst Duggar moments are definitely every time Jim Bob mentions sex or travels to foreign countries and speaks his "Spanish-o," so I suppose that doesn't need any further elaboration. What really gets me, though, is every single mention of "Duggar time" and how that's been passed off to a lot of the kids as perfectly acceptable. It's my dream (I know it won't happen) that someday we see a family, church, or other fellowship camera op just up and cancel because the rest of the world doesn't operate on Duggar time. (They'd get along with some musicians that I've waited two+ hours past start time to see in concert if secular music wasn't so defrauding)

As long as I pretend that she doesn't have access to social media, a lot of my favorite Duggar moments have been Anna and the kids since moving to DC. I really liked the cooking episode when she had someone come over to teach her how to make a healthy meal and healthy snacks for her family and just little moments that show how much I think she really enjoys her kids and being a mom.

Worst Duggar moment was when JB didn't want to paint over the tree and horse in the ladies bedroom. Daddy really can't handle them growing up and it was a bad awkward moment where Jana had to play parent to her own dad.

On another note another bad moment was Josie having the seizure and watching Jana freak out (granted I get why she felt that way). I was wondering if the paint fumes set off the seizure if that had just been completed before JB&M went to Chicago. I really hated to see that segment but am so happy she is doing well.

Worst Duggar moment was when JB didn't want to paint over the tree and horse in the ladies bedroom. Daddy really can't handle them growing up and it was a bad awkward moment where Jana had to play parent to her own dad.

On another note another bad moment was Josie having the seizure and watching Jana freak out (granted I get why she felt that way). I was wondering if the paint fumes set off the seizure if that had just been completed before JB&M went to Chicago. I really hated to see that segment but am so happy she is doing well.

I thought the same because my dog had a seizure shortly after we painted a room. It was her first (and only, knock on wood) and all her tests came back normal. Such a scary situation.

About 15 years ago I did a renovation in my then home and had severe side effects from painting products and strippers used. Basically ended up with flu like symptoms.

I now live in an older condo (built before firewall law). New neighbor moved in last summer and had the flooring put in that was just recalled and shown on 20/20 last month. New neighbor has severe allergies and immediately pulled up that flooring that had barely been down a year and she decided to have the concrete stained. The acetone wash used really invaded through the walls and neighbor on her otherside had a 6 year old that had a severe reaction to the acetone used and had to be rushed to hospital early am. That is what made me think of Josie.

Worst Moment: Anytime they show Grandma Duggar bent over doing their laundry.

Favorite Moment: Grandma Duggar made up like a Giesha in Japan. I wonder if they know what a Geisha is?

A worst moment for me was when Michelle visited with her best friend (Cindy?) and brought a couple of the older girls with her. It just really seemed to me that Michelle wanted to downplay the cheerleading memories Cindy kept trying to bring up - not because Michelle doesn't remember them fondly, but because she knows that she DID enjoy it and DID get something out of it (not to mention a lifelong friend) and that's something she has completely robbed her children of. It could have been my imagination but it seemed like the girls felt it too. My heart just ached for them in that moment.

Archived