IGNORED

Best & Worst Duggar Moments

apandaaries

Best moments to me

Ben and Jessa's spontaneous hug after their engagement

Actually their whole storyline !

Jill being so happy when she accepted Derick's marriage proposal

Jill singing Jesus loves you to Josie when she had to take care of her when her parents were in El Salvador

Worst moments

Michelle non crying at both her daughters weddings

Anna giving birth on the toilet

Jubliee loss and Michelle going over it - on that episode - I really didn't like that

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was the Jessa/Ben hug never talked about on the show like the Jill/Derick hug at the airport? I found that odd.

Why was the Jessa/Ben hug never talked about on the show like the Jill/Derick hug at the airport? I found that odd.

what was she going to say in every TH - she freaked out about them holding hands on their pre -engagement night - how much would her eyes bug out about that

just imagine how she reacted behind closed doors when she found out about that

but I think at that point it was too late for her to "punish" them - unless you call sending them on a 10 day honeymoon to Europe and spending like $40 grand to redo their new house - punishing

I haven't seen that episode and I live in SF

and always wondered how they would react to my city!! More liberal than even NYC in some ways.

Not just when they were worrying about "hippies", but when they later tried to claim they were just like hippies preaching love and goodness. I'm pretty sure no hippie on earth would agree with that one.

I've been watching some old episodes on youtube and digging into archived threads a bit lately (work's been a bit slow). Lacking cable, I haven't seen all the episodes ever, though I've heard of some interesting scenes. For example, I really wish I could see JB trying to convert the guy in Scotland, Anna birthing on a toilet, or the family going to Israel. Alas, I have to wait until the youtube gods see fit to answer my prayers. Until that glorious day, though, I'd love to hear about your favorite Duggar moments, the good, the bad, and especially the ugly. What should I scour youtube to discover? What left marks (scars?) on your brain? :wink-kitty:

Do you have Netflix? They have a couple of the older seasons on there from what I hear. Not the new crap yet.

The incident where Jason falls in the orchestra pit is on youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=93x0LIEHvj0

This was one of the first Duggar scenes I ever saw. I just about died when Jackson said "I was crying...because he was my buddy." I thought he meant Jason was his friend...it was so cute. Of course later I found out about the buddy system and it became much less cute...

Do you have Netflix? They have a couple of the older seasons on there from what I hear. Not the new crap yet.

They took it off before I'd made my way through the seasons. I often work from home so I enjoy background noise; these guys are dull enough that they never truly distract me, though I am occasionally shocked and other times appalled. I've been relying on youtube's options lately. Still no Israel or Scotland episode. :(

The episode where Amy moved to Nashville to become a country singer was painful and seemed to be an attempt at a spin-off.

Watching Josie make pizza in a recent episode was another worst.

Cringey moments: whenever the Duggars sing Amazing Grace; whenever Jim Boob is exposed to another culture and makes fun of the food, language, or clothing like a stereotypically ignorant American; Josie being spoon-fed by Jill; anything to do with Famy; all the first kiss wedding moments; Jessa barely containing her annoyance as Ben does something mushy.

Better moments: Frontal hugs, and when they took the dog, Bubba, to the dog wash. Also, Anna's sassy moments are starting to grow on me.

On the recent episode where they make the Jessa pregnancy announcement, and Ben was asked if he thought it was going to be a boy or a girl and said maybe it will be both. His answer seemed to throw Jessa off, and it all felt very awkward.

Or how about Derick and Jill at their birthing classes? We saw a new side of Derick that was awkward and made me feel...embarrassed for him? Yes, I think so. He was supposed to be going through dry-runs of labor with her, giving her reassuring touch and words to help her through her contractions. Instead, when she was practicing relaxation techniques with her eyes closed, he was grabbing her chin and mouth to create forced smiles on her face, and saying stupid things to her in an almost child-like voice. She was annoyed, too. Michelle (and Derick himself) said that Derick was trying to use humor to deal with being nervous, but Jill lowered the boom and basically told him not to act like that during the actual birth. Aw, their first "I love you, but I don't like [x] about you" experience. I got a lil' confused as to who was the headship for a moment.

It hasn't aired yet, but Josie's seizure being filmed. Based off the preview, I already feel it's way too personal to air on tv. My heart broke for Jana.

It hasn't aired yet, but Josie's seizure being filmed. Based off the preview, I already feel it's way too personal to air on tv. My heart broke for Jana.

Me, too. And was that Jana sobbing in the clip?

Oh, man! How have I not seen this?? Wasn't there also a time when she put kittens into a vase? Haven't seen it, but have read about it elsewhere. She and JB are well matched; neither ever has to wonder if the other is more intelligent.

20141117_142808_zpsrhy3mpgt.jpg

Me, too. And was that Jana sobbing in the clip?

I think so...poor Jana.

When I was seven, my mom watched my preemie twin cousins and one day my cousin had a seizure. I had to call 911 but it was hard to get words out because it scared me to death to watch my baby cousin so helpless. Jana probably knows a lot more about seizures than my 7 year old self but I still sympathize with her reaction and I personally wouldn't want to be filmed during an ordeal like that.

LOVE IT :dance:

I wandered away from my comp and my dad sat down at it while this was on screen. He didn't question it. :D

How funny. I have an almost identical photo I took and sent via text to my husband when I saw this on a rerun recently.

Slightly different look from Michelle on the capture I got....

MichelleD.jpg

How funny. I have an almost identical photo I took and sent via text to my husband when I saw this on a rerun recently.

Slightly different look from Michelle on the capture I got....

MichelleD.jpg

Hey Mullet, Linda Hamilton called, she wants her 1984 terminator look back!

I think so...poor Jana.

When I was seven, my mom watched my preemie twin cousins and one day my cousin had a seizure. I had to call 911 but it was hard to get words out because it scared me to death to watch my baby cousin so helpless. Jana probably knows a lot more about seizures than my 7 year old self but I still sympathize with her reaction and I personally wouldn't want to be filmed during an ordeal like that.

That would have been scary. I think, with what we are able to gather about Jana's personality, that she would not have preferred her baby sister being filmed in such a state, and Jana definitely wouldn't prefer her emotional reaction to be recorded either. Not everything about being a Duggar is "wonderful."

Archived