IGNORED

Best & Worst Duggar Moments

apandaaries

Too much PDA in general. (Worst moments)

When it's spontaneous and heartfelt, like Jessa and Ben's engagement hug and Jill and Derick's airport fronthug, it's heartwarming. (Best moments)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like when Priscilla is on because she is such a space cadet. (Though...at the same time, she worries me.)

the way they treated Grandpa duggar just makes me sick. :pull-hair:

When he was dying (and staying at the compound), they made him a cake for his birthday (I want to say he died less than a week later). When filming, they wheeled a very out of it Grandpa Duggar out in an office chair. At least rent/borrow a proper wheelchair.

I remember on cute moment, back in the earlier episode.

Someone, i think Jim Bob, asked Johanna "who do you want to be when you grow up" (she was like 3 or four years old), she said something like "I want to be Johanna" and then Michelle said "Johanna? That's a good thing to be"

I thought that scene was really genuine and sweet :)

I was shocked when Jim Bob took the oldest girls to donate blood, he didnt ask them if they wanted to, he just drove them to the blood donation place and decided for them. :cry:

Jason's injury in the orchestra pit annoyed me greatly. . Not only was Michelle a POS mother in that episode but they tried portraying Jill as the hero but all I saw was Jill playing the harp, you hear Jason screaming, Jill continues to play and look at the camera then the camera drops like the camera man ran to the rescue while Jill was too concerned with tuning her harp. The Duggars don't have any musicaltalent anyway, they need to find a different family talent. I don't like any parts of the show where Michelle is interacting with her kids. It's so cold and impersonal. I don't like the episode where Jill was trying on wedding dresses and they each took a turn reading a farewell letter to Jill and Michelles letter was not motherly at all! She even said "don't do evil to your husband." Like wtf? I hate J.boobs sexual jokes and pda, gross. I do like hmm. Have to think about that.

The best moments for me are the ones where they show the world that the J'slaves parent those kids instead of their actual parents.

Jackson getting lost in the airport - runs straight to Jana.

Jordyn getting her head stuck in the rails - reaches for Jessa as soon as they unstick her.

JB taunting Jenni with that fake beard that was obviously scaring the shit out of her - cries for Jill.

Josie messing her pants - Hands baby off to Jinger

Joy threatening the littles with "I'll tell Jana"

along these lines - Justin fixing Jordyn oatmeal while Michelle does a voice over that says oh she goes to him because he's quiet and gentle with her. Uh, no, he's on her buddy team. And why doesn't she go to mom?

Best moments:

The genuine feeling that is apparent when any of the girls interact with Grandma Duggar. They all really seem to love her.

I thought it was sweet the way Josh sang for Anna (again) during the recent "I Do" episode. Anna looked embarrassed, but I still thought it was a sweet gesture both times.

I love the talking heads with Mackenzie and Michael. I especially love Michael's personality.

Years ago, the Duggar family was traveling with their huge bus and stopped (got stuck?) on the side of the road. Josiah was maybe 8 or 9. He went out into the field and picked flowers (maybe for Michelle?). He was running carefree through that field of flowers and looked like he was genuinely having fun.

In the episode when the girls were trying on the dresses for Jill's wedding, and Anna came over to try on her dress. She talked about how it was when her oldest sister got married and left. She said something like, "It's different, but it's a good different". She was sincere, and honest, and didn't try to sugar coat how it's still difficult, at the same time, to have a sister leave the house.

The 3 littlest Duggar girls together. They still seem giddy and genuine.

Did I write "genuine" enough times? Hmmm....that's telling.

I also love Jordyn and Josie's TH and their interactions in general because all things considered, those two seem like they truly love each other and want to be around each other.

her homophobic robocall.

This wasn't on an episode, was it?

What made the Orchestra Pit accident even worse was that they made him sit backstage fully dressed in his ill-fitted suit and tie, obviously in a tremendous amount of pain while the rest of the family performed. What was the point of that? I think they had the tour bus that time, why couldn't he have stayed in there, I am sure there were others along with them that could have looked after him.

Best moments:

Years ago, the Duggar family was traveling with their huge bus and stopped (got stuck?) on the side of the road. Josiah was maybe 8 or 9. He went out into the field and picked flowers (maybe for Michelle?). He was running carefree through that field of flowers and looked like he was genuinely having fun.

Cut down to just the part I wanted to comment on.

It was for Grandma Mary (and perhaps the older girls). But decidedly Grandma Mary.

This was several years ago when Jackson was about 3 years old, maybe 4. They were all in a store and Jackson turned on a toy that made music and he began to dance a little. Jim Bob went over to him, stopped him from dancing and turned off the toy. For some reason that hurt me to my core. Last Saturday we attended a family wedding and there were a couple of little boys, both age 4, who went onto the dance floor and jumped and danced and laughed for hours. They were a joy to watch and, of course, what they were doing was totally natural. The Bible says there is a time to dance. Who is Jim Bob to crush something that is part of what makes us human? He is an ignorant man.

The fact that they don't allow their kids to dance has always made me sad. I can understand not wanting your teenagers to slow dance against the opposite sex or dance provocatively and whatnot. But not allowing young children to just dance around and be silly? That's nuts. I hate that EVERYTHING has to be a sexual temptation to them. Even something as innocent as a child dancing.

I think the above is why I enjoyed Marcus bopping around with those headphones on so much.

another worst moment - speaking of Jackson:

Losing Jackson at the airport on that NY trip. Poor kid was what, 4? Went to the bathroom and nobody kept track of him (and I do not expect a sister mom (Jana) to haul him into the women's bathroom when he has a whole string of older brothers). Combine that with the shot of Jackson returned to family being clingy not with Michelle but with Jana who was comforting him.

Cut down to just the part I wanted to comment on.

It was for Grandma Mary (and perhaps the older girls). But decidedly Grandma Mary.

Even better!

No one's mentioned the time Michelle made a glass dildo!?

Oh, man! How have I not seen this?? Wasn't there also a time when she put kittens into a vase? Haven't seen it, but have read about it elsewhere. She and JB are well matched; neither ever has to wonder if the other is more intelligent.

Josh even sang in the same key in the rehash episode as at the wedding, so at least that was a save.

Anna all anxious about remembering to pack the Vibrator, lol.

Michelle in Israel about not riding on a camel: "Well, of course I was pregnant." (Sadly, that was with Jubilee.)

Rewatching the whole Israel episode. The older girls swimming in the Dead Sea in their modest swimwear. A guy tries to have a convo: "Are you in college?" Jill, supposedly not understanding his accent: "We have 19 kids. 19 kids."

One of the boys and Jim Bob swim over to "protect" the girls. Swimming guy: "Oh, there's *Daddy*." LOL.

I haven't seen the Israel episode. I hope they re-air it sometime soon.

What's this about Anna and a vibrator?!

I haven't seen the Israel episode. I hope they re-air it sometime soon.

What's this about Anna and a vibrator?!

Anna refers to their vibrating baby swing as a "vibrator." She was very concerened about packing it because it was essential to her in caring for her kids. Some of us suspect the repetition of Anna saying "vibrator" was the editors having some fun.

Oh, man! How have I not seen this?? Wasn't there also a time when she put kittens into a vase? Haven't seen it, but have read about it elsewhere. She and JB are well matched; neither ever has to wonder if the other is more intelligent.

I think it was supposed to be an attempt at glass blowing a bluebird of happiness or some such product placement JB/Michelle bonding/date mess. But she left it in the fire too long or got it too deep in the fire and wound up with, well yeah the above is an apt discription.

Oh i remember both the vibrator episode and the glass dido one. They are so clueless that it's funny! Anna kept saying vibrator and panicking because she couldn't find it and she called it "a mom's best friend" right? And i think when Michelle pulled out the glass dildo/bird from the furnace, j.boob said something like "get your money's worth. " haha! It was funny but pissed me off at the same time because I can't stand how dumb they are, if they onlyknew how it made them aappear, they would be humiliated. It doesn't pay off to be oblivious to the world, unless you're ok with look like a fool

Anna refers to their vibrating baby swing as a "vibrator." She was very concerened about packing it because it was essential to her in caring for her kids. Some of us suspect the repetition of Anna saying "vibrator" was the editors having some fun.

I definitely think they leave stuff like that in the show on purpose. So funny. I like when Jessa said "Six inches, hooray!" in the engagement episode.

Archived