IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

I haven't really taken any pictures but the Halbrooks certain have grown.

The current line-up:

Children: #1 Grace (can't wait for her to be a teen and able to help out more), #2 Grant, #3 Gabriel, #4 Gideon, #5 Griffin, and #6 Gretchen.

Toddlers: #7 Gwen, #8 Gregory, #9 Glory-Anna, #10 Graham, and #11 Gabby

Baby: #12 Gilly

And of course Brenda just recently discovered she's pregnant with #13.

As I said, didn't really take any pictures but I do have this one of all the children singing on the porch of their new house on the island in Windenberg:

TS4_x64_2018-06-02_17-28-22.thumb.png.cd9ff728b32a8bc4bc5863fb763addaf.png

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

As usual, I got bored and started over with a new family. Meet the Welches! David writes screenplays for a Christian film studio and Jennifer sells homegrown produce to the local farmers market. They have four children so far: Jessica, Daniel, Joanna (pink bow), and Julia (pigtails). Their fifth blessing is on the way, and thanks to the calendar feature with the new Seasons expansion, I can tell you that this baby is due on Christmas Eve! What a blessing! The two oldest children are always enrolled in the scouts' program, which is about as close to ALERT as you can get in The Sims.

07-10-18_4-46-52 PM.png

• Upvote 1

I loved playing The Sims 3! Today, I caved in and bought The Sims 4, despite the negative reviews I've seen (it was 60 % off). Now I just need DH to go on a business trip so I can play it without shame. In the meantime, I'll be thinking of names :tw_smirk:

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

I HAVE BEEN A (LURKING) FREEJINGER MEMBER SINCE 2014 AND I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS A SIMS THREAD!!?

Anyone still playing? I loved 2 the most, but my computer can't figure out how to patch it to play, so now I play 4.

• Upvote 1

There’s quite a few fundie sims families in the tumblr community. I have a blog but I turned it private. I don’t like attention ?

• Upvote 1

@Ticklish I'm a big simmer and love reading others' stories as well. I've thought about sharing my families and challenges, but I don't like the attention either.

I still play TS2 (it was my favorite too!) but mostly TS3. TS4 eats my computer, so it won't be awhile til I get to it. I briefly played my simself in TS4 and watching myself die really wigged me out for awhile... also my kids were ugly and I didn't love them. My husband never got past level 3 in his career, and it was way too realistic. Lol!

FJ inspired me to create a fundie family on TS3 awhile back, it was really fun to hold myself to some strict guildlines (wife could only blog for money, husband mooched and dug through dumpsters... find used and save the difference?)

Edited by precious blessing
  • Love 1

@precious blessing, I made my husband hook up an old computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 2, pulled all custom content, and it's working again! I'm slowly adding some CC back in. I'm so excited to have "my" game back. It was always my favorite.

I never played 3, because I didn't have a computer that would run it (and by the time I did, 4 was out) but I know people who love that version!

I think I'm going to make a Fundie neighborhood, but will wait till I'm ready to dive back into 4 to do it. I like playing with ACR too much in 2 and that would NOT work for Fundies LOL!

I can't play my Simself either...it always feels too weird! 

• Upvote 1

@Ticklish I haven't played my Duggar family in forever, but I do play sims 4 like it's my job. I have a fairly active tumblr, but I won't share that here because I use my real first name there and I don't want that linked with my FJ account. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

@TuringMachine, I'm going to check out Tumblr now just to get some ideas. I'm doing a BAC challenge in my Sims 2 right now and am curious if that's a thing in 4 too.

It is! I considered doing it too, but it's too much building for me. When I was considering doing it I found these rules, which I think are the most up to date I've found. 

I'm currently doing a DIFTF challenge and love it! Rules I'm using

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Ticklish said:

Which generation are you on? 

I'm on the space generation, though I rearranged the order from where I got the rules. It's the 4th generation for me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I constructed my own Megahood yesterday! Haven't started playing it yet, but I'm excited to start tonight and probably won't do much else this weekend, haha.

• Upvote 1

@Ticklish are you playing your megahood on TS2? I hope you share some of your progress!

I hope everyone else continues to share their stories! Reading about others stories/challenges always manages to inspire me :)

I think I'm going to start sharing some of my Sims challenges on my blog here - I had intended to make my FJ blog about casual gaming but it didn't get anymuch traction. There seem to be quite a few who share, so I hope some of you will read mine, too :) 

@precious blessing, yes for TS2! I am not super far into it yet so haven't decided if I'll document or not. Mostly I'm giving everyone a few days to get settled and then will start playing an actual rotation.  

I'd love to see how you play! ?

• 11 months later...

I feel like this thread needs reviving so I started a Tumblr for my newest Quiverfull family. the URL is landersfamsims4, and the password is landersfam. 

How have ai never seen this before?!?! I'll have to give this a try someday. LOL. But I'm trying to do...what is it called....the 10 generation challenge or whatever? I do have a bad habit of creating sims and then just leaving them after a week, so this has been a good exercise for me. 

I’m 3/4 of the way through the 100 baby challenge which is, admittedly, basically the same thing lol

• Haha 1

The new tiny living pack is making me really wanna see how many kids I can stuff into a little space.

1 hour ago, meep said:

Is that church/praying action part of an expansion?

Well if you have seasons you can create a holiday with an "attend holiday ceremony" tradition. That could work I think.

• Upvote 1