IGNORED

4 Lies Reality Shows Rely On

shedemei

Cracked takes another look at the fakeness of reality TV.

We've peeked behind the dishonest, dangerous, and downright filthy curtain of reality TV before. But almost everything focuses on the star-victims of reality shows -- have you ever wondered what it's like behind that camera? Cracked sat down with a man responsible for filming numerous reality shows and, on the condition of anonymity, he put some of the "real" back in "reality television."

http://www.cracked.com/article_22246_4- ... ember.html

• 2 weeks later...

Cracked is awesome. 8-)

I'd always figured that 19KAC was staged at times but was never exactly sure about some of the scenes.

Then Jill had a talk with her parents: "I think I'm in love with someone I've never met."

They're creationists... and recreators too.

A friend of mine from high school was on a popular MTV reality show. She was one of the genuinely nicest gals I knew, and she was very popular - so much she was elected homecoming queen.

However, the show made her look like a raving lunatic. When people find out I knew her, I get asked if she really is as crazy in real life as portrayed by MTV. :cray-cray: Thankfully she lives a pretty normal life working a regular 9-5 type of job and didn't try to stretch it out ala Kate Gosselin.

One of my friends was also on a reality show in high school, and when I first met him in college, I was prepared for his TV persona.

He wasn't like that at all. Zany? Sure. But certifiably crazy and an egomaniac? no.

There are a couple a Alaska reality show personalities who are portrayed as assholes and are much much worse in person. Other than the super boring, cheesy, fake dramatic show about the Kilchers, being a jerk seems to be in the audition.

Archived