IGNORED

Ohio wants to ban abortions based on Down Syndrome

lawlifelgbt

Exactly. Life throws curve balls and I'm not starting off down in the count 0-2 with two outs. If we start off up 3-0 with one out and then strike out, that's one thing, but marriage is hard enough without the hazards being guaranteed. Heck, I'll barely consider dating a person with an obese parent (won't even consider someone obese themselves) simply because I consider it a major character flaw and know that there are guaranteed health issues that, as the wife, I'm likely to end up dealing with.

Again: marriage is hard. Why go into it with known hazards when you know for a fact that it's only going to get harder as the years go on? That being said, I would absolutely date/marry a disabled person. There are plenty of disabled people living normal lives.

Wow. I take back anything I might have said about you speaking in haste. Your comments speak for themselves.

There are lots of lovely ladies on this board who are overweight. I'll let them speak for themselves.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude. Now I feel bad for defending you! My wife is technically obese (about size 20, has lost 1/2 pound a week for the past year). I have always loved her, and she's healthier than I am! I have a family history of heart issues, which were compounded when I was anorexic/exercise bulimic at 22. My dad was almost 60 when he needed a valve replacement, but because I struggled so much to be conventionally thin, I've damaged my heart and will be lucky to hit 40 without surgery or a serious issue. My blood work and pressure are also seriously wonky because I don't eat correctly, run myself into the ground exercising, and have anxiety. And when I recovered, I still gained more weight than I would have liked, even though I have increased my working out (about an hour and a half a day). And I don't even eat chips, red meat, cheese, or fried food. Sometimes, weight is just weird.

My wife's tests and everything come back completely normal. She's probably healthier than you too, since hate is stressful and bad for your health.

Captainsfundiepants-are you a genetically superior being to the general population? And have you ever been in love? Perhaps you limit your dating pool to only those who not only meet your criteria, but also their relatives? Seriously, you don't date people who have disabled sibling in the off chance that you would have to possibly lift a finger to help out someday. You don't date people with overweight spouses because they might someday themselves become overweight? None of this shit matters when you truly love someone and want to spend your life with them.

Captainfundiepants, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I am obese and have a disability. Keep that attitude, and I can guarantee you that you will be miserable and alone You lack sympathy, empathy, and have an ice cold heart.

Exactly. Life throws curve balls and I'm not starting off down in the count 0-2 with two outs. If we start off up 3-0 with one out and then strike out, that's one thing, but marriage is hard enough without the hazards being guaranteed. Heck, I'll barely consider dating a person with an obese parent (won't even consider someone obese themselves) simply because I consider it a major character flaw and know that there are guaranteed health issues that, as the wife, I'm likely to end up dealing with.

Again: marriage is hard. Why go into it with known hazards when you know for a fact that it's only going to get harder as the years go on? That being said, I would absolutely date/marry a disabled person. There are plenty of disabled people living normal lives.

I usually try to conduct myself as a civilized human being, but fuck you with a cactus, then sit in some vinegar, then fuck you some more, on behalf of my family members and good friends who are obese due to various reasons, none of them which include character flaws.

I suggest anyone who does not wish to marry a person with major character flaws to steer far, far away from you. Congratulations, no one to date has managed to make me cuss online.

I usually try to conduct myself as a civilized human being, but fuck you with a cactus, then sit in some vinegar, then fuck you some more, on behalf of my family members and good friends who are obese due to various reasons, none of them which include character flaws.

I thought obesity was mostly due to poverty, at least when it's really serious? A person who works 2-3 jobs, lives in a food desert, and needs to stretch every dollar will eat cheap crap and not have access or time for a gym.

So congratulations, fuckhead. You're well-off. But being poor is not a flaw.

I thought obesity was mostly due to poverty, at least when it's really serious? A person who works 2-3 jobs, lives in a food desert, and needs to stretch every dollar will eat cheap crap and not have access or time for a gym.

So congratulations, fuckhead. You're well-off. But being poor is not a flaw.

For my lovely, wonderful, beautiful friend, the trigger to obesity was depression and rotten family life - whoopsie, Ms. Perfect wouldn't want to marry that kind of people. For my family members it was a combo of chubby genetics, which I have also inherited, compounded by emotional eating and physical disabilities (whoopsie again! you don't want to touch these people, they're damaged goods!)

There is a big thread going right now about a young, healthy, *slim* woman who became permanently disabled for life within seconds following an accident. Do you suggest her siblings' spouses divorce them? After all, who needs a quadriplegic SIL who sucks all your wife's attention?

I'm saying this with all honesty, from experience - please don't date someone with any sort of disability. Really. I'm not at all saying this to be bitchy-- but you're just too shallow. If you're ruling anyone out with obese parents because you would'nt want to deal with any health problems....Just dont try to be a partner of someone with a disability. No matter how "normal" their life seems. It's still going to be harder than you will be comfortable with. It will be time consuming, and cost extra money and result in altered plans or things you just cant do sometimes.

If it's so mild a disability that it doesn't--well, by most definitions it's not a disability in the first place. Even a guy who is a wheelchair basketball star is still having to struggle with hallways too narrow to get a chair through . And many physical disabilities have chronic pain as a big component. You won't deal with that well. You won't deal well with losing sleep because your partner is in agony . Or any of the other small and large adaptations that are part of everyday life for people with disabilities.

Yoou'll end up making your partner feel like shit, and then you'll likely bail. So just don't.

Or, you know, abuse, even! Part of the reason, besides poverty growing up, that my wife is obese (her sister is a US 10, for comparison), is because some fuckhead in her family molested her. And she got afraid to be seen as attractive, and just wanted the abuse to stop. So she purposely gained some weight. As a defense. If it's any kind of a moral flaw, it's a flaw of the pervert family member, not her!

Or, you know, abuse, even! Part of the reason, besides poverty growing up, that my wife is obese (her sister is a US 10, for comparison), is because some fuckhead in her family molested her. And she got afraid to be seen as attractive, and just wanted the abuse to stop. So she purposely gained some weight. As a defense. If it's any kind of a moral flaw, it's a flaw of the pervert family member, not her!

Oh, lawlife, don't get so upset at this pathetic troll. You are happy and in a good relationship, on your way to a good career. Shallow idiots like this don't deserve a speck off your shoes. She will dig a shallow grave and wallow in it, alone and confused as to why she has nothing in her life.

For my lovely, wonderful, beautiful friend, the trigger to obesity was depression and rotten family life - whoopsie, Ms. Perfect wouldn't want to marry that kind of people. For my family members it was a combo of chubby genetics, which I have also inherited, compounded by emotional eating and physical disabilities (whoopsie again! you don't want to touch these people, they're damaged goods!)

There is a big thread going right now about a young, healthy, *slim* woman who became permanently disabled for life within seconds following an accident. Do you suggest her siblings' spouses divorce them? After all, who needs a quadriplegic SIL who sucks all your wife's attention?

No. I'm counting that as something that can happen during a marriage or a long term relationship.

Once you're a grown-up, you control your obesity. I am disabled, was molested as a kid, I've had depression, guess what: I'm not obese. I am pretty darned athletic. And no, I don't think I'll have any issue finding a spouse seeing as I had my pick of guys during both high school and college.

Also, for all of y'all telling me to stick a cactus up my hoo-hah: I'm sorry for whatever you're going through.

Honestly, if you were so fabulous, you would not have to spend time on a forum telling people how great you are. Just sayin'.

No. I'm counting that as something that can happen during a marriage or a long term relationship.

Once you're a grown-up, you control your obesity. I am disabled, was molested as a kid, I've had depression, guess what: I'm not obese. I am pretty darned athletic. And no, I don't think I'll have any issue finding a spouse seeing as I had my pick of guys during both high school and college.

Also, for all of y'all telling me to stick a cactus up my hoo-hah: I'm sorry for whatever you're going through.

Well, aren't you just a speshul snowflake!

Please, tell us more about how great you are! We're at your feet ready to lap up your wisdom!

Well, aren't you just a speshul snowflake!

Please, tell us more about how great you are! We're at your feet ready to lap up your wisdom!

Excuses are like noses; we all have one.

Weren't you quitting FJ at least two weeks ago?

This one reminds of someone.... Bigoted Troll of recent times Hmmmm?

Depending on the severity of the disability, I would consider abortion. It would depend on their quality of life, how much care they would need as adults, and how accessible/available that care was.

My older brother was disabled. It was incredibly hard on my mom and it was hard on me. He was in a bed or a wheelchair his entire life. He couldn't communicate. He had multiple operations that marginally improved his well being. He died young of complications related to his disability. It was devastating.

I know not all disabilities are predictable. I would love my child, with or without a disability. I love my brother. I know it's possible that I could have a child who developed a disability later on. I just couldn't bring a baby into this world knowing that there would be a good chance that they would end up like my brother.

[Taking a deep breath and trying to come up with a response other than my gut reaction of fuck you.]

My sister married a man with a morbidly obese mother and a sister with a chronic illness that requires periodic hospitalization. Did this mean that she was starting off at a disadvantage? No, just the opposite.

Her late MIL happened to be obese, but the notion of ever saying that she had a character flaw is just ludicrous. She was full of love and compassion, worked extremely hard and started a school for kids with disabilities. It wasn't just a job for her, it was her passion, and she advocated for those kids day and night. She was incredibly warm and always smiling (except when dealing with certain local politicians opposed to the school), committed to her family and always willing to help. When my son was born and I was having a rough c-section recovery, she was the one who found someone perfect to help me out.

My BIL worked at his mom's school, and has his mother's love of all kids, regardless of ability.

My sister started out with a big advantage, not 2 outs. She married into a family that had strong values, like love, commitment and acceptance. Her SIL is one of her best friends. Our families get along great, with no drama.

My nephew has autism. There are challenges, but he's in the best possible family to deal with them. My BIL had already shown that he had the skills and character to manage, and my niece and nephew are thriving with the love, patience and acceptance that their parents provide.

OTOH, if you start off a marriage married to a judgmental bitch who can't handle any problems with not only her spouse but even within the spouse's family and who has shown incredible distain for those with obesity, that would be a serious red flag for ability to deal with future issues.

Actually, excuses are like assholes and you are the biggest one I have seen on here in a long time. You are the one who needs to quit. We don't like bigots and fools. You seem to be both.

Before you even think of marrying, let alone reproducing, please take a full medical history from your significant other going back several generations. Genetic testing can help too, although some things still slip through the cracks, and then trust that your spouse never has an injury or serious disease./sarcasm

Perhaps potential spouses drop you and run for the hills once they see your true personality and out-and-out bigotry. :roll:

Wait - disability, and a past history that includes molestation and depression?

Sounds like she'd never marry someone who had her history.

If only fewer of us had noses.

And no, I wasn't quitting FJ. You must have me mistaken for somebody that has a life. :lol:

Anyway, you consider obesity a major character flaw, I consider being a judgmental ass a major character flaw. To each his own, and all that!

Wait - disability, and a past history that includes molestation and depression?

Sounds like she'd never marry someone who had her history.

And you know, I do worry about that. But I've overcome what life's thrown at me. I'm not ragingly obese or bitter or anything else. Depression is like a broken leg; it happens, you get treatment, and you move on. I know how to handle myself. That's the big issue here. A fellow disabled person would know how to handle themselves successfully too. An obese person still can't handle themselves, they've still got a raging mental disorder that needs treatment or else they would be healthy and not obese.

And you know, I do worry about that. But I've overcome what life's thrown at me. I'm not ragingly obese or bitter or anything else. Depression is like a broken leg; it happens, you get treatment, and you move on. I know how to handle myself. That's the big issue here. A fellow disabled person would know how to handle themselves successfully too. An obese person still can't handle themselves, they've still got a raging mental disorder that needs treatment or else they would be healthy and not obese.

I try not to be overly nasty on the internet, because taking people at face value is always a dangerous game, but for someone who has recovered from mental illness you really are quite smug. Congratulations on alleviating your suffering. Care to share your secrets so the rest of us unworthy sad-sacks who 'still can't handle ourselves' might one day be as self-satisfied as you?

If you really are unwilling to consider someone with a similar background to you, or someone who is large, I daresay you're doing those populations a favour.

I've avoided this thread for awhile because anti-abortion legislation depresses me. I randomly decided to click on the fourth page, and instantly had to go back just to see how the hell this thread devolved into fucking someone in the ass with a cactus. Now a user named Cactus has shown up. I swear this stuff writes itself.

I've avoided this thread for awhile because anti-abortion legislation depresses me. I randomly decided to click on the fourth page, and instantly had to go back just to see how the hell this thread devolved into fucking someone in the ass with a cactus. Now a user named Cactus has shown up. I swear this stuff writes itself.

I didn't initially make that connection, but I assure you I intend to stay as far away from other people's asses as possible. :lol:

Archived