IGNORED

What's the deal with Jana and John David?

apandaaries

I agree that JD is probably perfectly content with his life as it is. Jana, I just don't know. I definitely agree that she probably dislikes a ton of attention.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet it's done weird "flowers" in the attack type shit

Josh or mini boob (golden children child pre-jill) probably had it pretty decent- first born son.

I have no doubt Jana and JD did most of the parenting and care for those kids. They're probably who the kids go to first for everything. I can see them both taking personal responsibility for everyone well being

It's probably likely that they see them as they own family and they can't leave because they know how the little ones would be neglected-except Josie

Efautocorrect*

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
As the older kids grow up, get married, and have kids of their own, I can't help but wonder if they will do the same buddy system. Sure it doesn't apply to Jana and JD yet, but I wonder if any of these girls will enjoy their children so much that they begin to wonder about Michelle, and begin to understand her flaws through their own maternal experiences.

I think Jana does have a servant's heart to quote Michelle. I think she may be waiting for a semenary man or a missionary that will let her travel the world helping.

My theory is that Jana is voluntarily staying at TTH so she can take care of her youngest siblings, especially Josie. We know that Michelle is barely a mother, and Jana must know that better than any of us. I don't want to think about what would've happened to Josie if Jana hadn't been there when she had her seizure (the one that's going to be shown in the next episode). Jana isn't going to abandon her kids. Jill and Jessa left, but they were sister-moms; Jana is the actual mom.

And I think that's what differentiates the Duggars from other Quiverfull families; the other families all have moms that act as moms.

I think what could potentially be a solution would be for Jill's and Jessa's buddy groups to go live with them. It would be better for the kids because they'd be with the people who raised them, Jill and Jessa would have live-in help for their babies, and the load on Jana would be lighter. And heck, while we're at it, maybe they could move to Knoxville for Jana to go to Crown college, and have Jinger take care of the little ones while Jana is in mclass. They could leave the adult boys in Arkansas, where they would have no choice but to cook their own food, which presumably they would do rather than starve.

I'm not sure whether the teenage boys would be more of a help than a liability. But we do know that Justin helps out with Jordyn. So, here's how it would work:

Jill's House:

Jill, Derick, Joy, James, Jenni, Israel

Jessa's House:

Jessa, Ben, Jer (?), Justin, Jordyn

Knoxville House:

Jana, Jinger, Jason (?), Jackson, Hannie, Josie

TTH:

Michelle, Jim Bob, Josiah, (Jer/Jed/Jason?)

And TLC could rebrand the show as being about how a family copes with having a mother who refuses to mother.

It occurs to me, though, that maybe the reason that Michelle does so little mothering is because she is clinically depressed. Though that doesn't explain her general demeanor of being uncaring.

I think Jana maybe suffers from anxiety. Obviously I cannot read the woman's mind...but she looks quite anxious all the time to me. Jinger too. They do NOT have Jessa and Jill's self confidence.

I don't think Jana is purposefully trying to stay single or hold off on having kids. I think she clearly loves kids and wants her own. People with a lot of self confidence (and self esteem) tend to have an easier time opening up or taking risks, which makes dating much easier. If you are anxious, shy, introverted etc., especially in her situation where a courtship would be picked apart by the media, it's easy to see why it would be hard.

John David just strikes me as someone who doesn't really care. Honestly, he could probably walk around in any city and people wouldn't even recognize him. He can probably do whatever he wants. And as stupid as he acts sometimes, he was never overly eager and excitable like Josh. JD probably saw Josh go through marriage and children at a very young age and said HELL NO. He gets to work and save up every penny now.

And I think that's what differentiates the Duggars from other Quiverfull families; the other families all have moms that act as moms.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Most of the families we follow have sister-moms and girls who've raised their siblings.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Most of the families we follow have sister-moms and girls who've raised their siblings.

Right, but there's still an actual mom who takes part in raising the kids, in addition to the sister-moms (at least that's the impression I get). In the Duggar family, Jana is forced to play that role. The other families have daughters who do what Jill/Jessa/Jinger/Joy do/did, but not what Jana does.

Right, but there's still an actual mom who takes part in raising the kids, in addition to the sister-moms (at least that's the impression I get). In the Duggar family, Jana is forced to play that role. The other families have daughters who do what Jill/Jessa/Jinger/Joy do/did, but not what Jana does.

1. I disagree. I could give you a million examples.

2. What makes Jana different? In the beginning we thought Jill was the head sister-mom. Give me the evidence that Jana does everything.

1. I disagree. I could give you a million examples.

2. What makes Jana different? In the beginning we thought Jill was the head sister-mom. Give me the evidence that Jana does everything.

I think Jill is the most outspoken so she seems like the "head sister-mom" but I think when it came down to the actual work she and Jana together were the main workhorses of the J-Slaves with Jessa and Jinger acting as "support staff".

I think Jill is the most outspoken so she seems like the "head sister-mom" but I think when it came down to the actual work she and Jana together were the main workhorses of the J-Slaves with Jessa and Jinger acting as "support staff".

Jill is outspoken, yet a follower. Jana is the leader. Look at the cooking episode. Jill invited Jana to her home, to cook a meal that was foreign, in every way, to Jana, yet Jana was the one making the food.

Jana has an air of quiet confidence that eludes Jill, IMO.

Jill is outspoken, yet a follower. Jana is the leader. Look at the cooking episode. Jill invited Jana to her home, to cook a meal that was foreign, in every way, to Jana, yet Jana was the one making the food.

Jana has an air of quiet confidence that eludes Jill, IMO.

I agree, she has a quiet grace about her, those who say the least usually do the most. I think she takes after grandma Mary, they both do what needs to be done without a lot of drama or self promotion.

I think they were all "lead sistermom" just in different areas

Jinger: maybe the closest to "supportive staff" but I still think she was something like lead of music education, wrangling of littles for outings, or even lead of all the things that didn't all in the other J slave categories.

Jessa: schooling of littles and overseeing that the household was running and orderly

Jill: cooking and emotional needs of littles

Janna: day to day physical needs of littles and overseeing discipline

And they were all "support staff" for each others main role just some are better at supporting than others.

I would think that both Jana and JD are feeling the pressure from every direction every time you have a sibling making some sort of announcement (now you have 5 sibs that have done so to date). I think to some degree Jana and JD are trying to become invisible because they know that people are asking questions in that direction (showing them a bit less in shows).

I agree with many other posters in that they are both picky but in the fundie way they have to be as they will only be allowed to marry once (unless death occurs to other spouse). Jana has to be really feeling the pressure as she is at the age for women where those around you are dropping like doves for the altar. She is seeing this in her own family and I am sure she is seeing it in friends at church and in general around her community. I couldn't imagine how she feels at night having to sleep in a dorm room with sibs 20 years younger and not wanting your own personal space. I've always wondered if she receives any sort of payment for her work with the sibs and the fact that she is on the show. My thinking is that when she eventually gets married its going to be to someone who doesn't live in AR as no one seems to have her interest. Will she be the first not to marry? Has she picked this as a quiet way to rebel? Only time will tell.

As for JD he has an automatic excuse as a guy to delay as long as he likes. As others said he'll be able to have kids indefinitely if he does decide to marry eventually. As someone else stated he could wait to marry to 30's or 40's and marry a 20 yr old then start a big family. Nobody would blink an eye if he did go this route. I get what another poster stated about her own son and how he was happy to just be him out and about and I could see this for JD. However, I just don't see someone 25 wanting to sleep dorm style and not have some space of his own either. I am wondering if he sleeps in the garage room where Ben stayed while courting Jessa? To me it is unrealistic to think that he lives in that house in the dorm room with the boy sibs at his age. I think he only comes to the house while they are filming and takes off otherwise.

I always forget that these two are twins because, other than (seemingly) being quiet and sweet, they seem very, very different to me. Jana seems to actually engage with the people around her and really listens while JD seems like he's off in his own head most of the time. To me, there is something else that is "off" about JD but I can't really explain it or put my finger on it. :think:

I feel like JD is just more interested in work and hobbies than women and courting.

Jana I can't figure out though, didn't she say she didn't want to be on the show anymore? Maybe she just doesn't want everyone in her business.

I don't think there's anything "off" about JD. Like Jana, he was the first of the blanket-trained spawn, and like his sister, is quiet and reserved. He likes guns, tools, flying and staying out of the spotlight. He just seems to be an ordinary "good ole boy" to me.

I feel like JD is just more interested in work and hobbies than women and courting.

Jana I can't figure out though, didn't she say she didn't want to be on the show anymore? Maybe she just doesn't want everyone in her business.

I do not think Jana has ever made a statement like that. Random websites with anonymous "sources" (FJ...) have said that.

I agree JD is just enjoying his freedom, and he's a man. So many advantages for him

Jana - I can't figure out. One theory I have is while JimBob insists he presents candidates to Jana, what he neglects to mention is that they are all are one eyed cyclops. #keepjanahome

Anyone ever think of Dan & Jana being a couple ? I think he's a little younger than Jana, but with Jessa marrying the young Ben I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

I see Jana marrying a doctor, even a fundie doctor who goes on missions. I feel like her personality coupled with someone with actual education and skill would be stellar. That being said, she may just stay at home waiting.

I see Jana marrying a doctor, even a fundie doctor who goes on missions. I feel like her personality coupled with someone with actual education and skill would be stellar. That being said, she may just stay at home waiting.

Do the Duggars adhere to the SAHD principle (not sure it's a principle but sieve-like brain refuses to impart proper word)? Of course I realize that the unmarried Duggar daughters are still at home, but reading some of the blogs by these stay at home daughters it strikes me that they are so rigid in their beliefs that they are under their fathers' protection until they marry (or die?). And that they are preparing for marriage and waiting for god to reveal the one he has chosen for them. Being a SAHD is basically their career and they devote so much energy to becoming a future perfect helpmeet. Since we see a diluted view of the goings on in the TTH, I don't know if Jana has this same attitude. Just musing. I hope Jana has more going on than we know.

I agree, she has a quiet grace about her, those who say the least usually do the most. I think she takes after grandma Mary, they both do what needs to be done without a lot of drama or self promotion.

She is most definitely the quiet achiever. She will always let everyone else speak first and listen attentively. She is not really in to talking about herself (unlike Jessa); but in a family this big, even with ATI IBLP training; there are bound to be different personalities!!

Archived