IGNORED

Kids' Messy Hair

KelseyAnn

Styling gel is super cheap. I can usually get a big bottle at the dollar store.

And we know the Duggars buy gel, since we've seen sister-moms using half a bottle per howler to get them ready for special events.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we know the Duggars buy gel, since we've seen sister-moms using half a bottle per howler to get them ready for special events.

Someone upthread suggested Michelle wants Josie to smell like a baby; I like that theory. On amazon you can get baby cologne from the Philippines and Latin America (my Latino ex put it on my baby a few times; I didn't care for it, but it reminded him of babies, because that's what they did to babies in the old country).

Josie has pretty fine hair and putting lotion in fine hair is just not a good look, in my experience. I don't like product in small children's hair to begin with, but that's just me. Hey, maybe Michelle thinks Josie's too young for product, but lotion isn't 'product.' They love their technicalities. :roll:

It feels like there is a desperation there to keep her hair "naturally" curly too. My son and I both had curls when little, by 3-4 it curled beautifully with a bit of water but flattened out if brushed and by 5-6 it was basically straight. We both regained our curls in late teens. I think Josie's hair is doing much the same. The curly baby hair is gone. Age, plus the fact it is getting longer, will pull it straighter. Big deal. Leave it alone. It's still got a nice wave.

I think it's an interesting suggestion above that it makes her smell like a baby ...

Archived