IGNORED

The Botkin Apple Doesn’t Fall Far from the Tree

DomWackTroll

David Botkin, in the heat of a Facebook debate: “Murdoch? Oh, yeah, I'm familiar with him. Let's just say I've been directly and closely involved in a business endeavor that was antagonistic against the man and his media outlets.â€

facebook.com/seppifamily/posts/10205500701172588?pnref=story

Translation: “I sat on my ass in Tennessee in front of a screen and wrote a few lines for my daddy’s newest DVD that approximately 10 people in our incestuous, cultic circle will buy because we buy their crap, too. Rupert Murdoch has, of course, no fucking idea who I am.â€

I'm sure Rupert Murdoch is absolutely terrified of THE David Botkin being "directly and closely involved in a business endeavor that was antagonistic against [his] media outlets". The hubris of the Botkins never ceases to amuse me :lol:.

His hatred of Islam, on the other hand, is fucking disgusting.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

*pause to breathe*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Botkin, in the heat of a Facebook debate: “Murdoch? Oh, yeah, I'm familiar with him. Let's just say I've been directly and closely involved in a business endeavor that was antagonistic against the man and his media outlets.â€

facebook.com/seppifamily/posts/10205500701172588?pnref=story

Translation: “I sat on my ass in Tennessee in front of a screen and wrote a few lines for my daddy’s newest DVD that approximately 10 people in our incestuous, cultic circle will buy because we buy their crap, too. Rupert Murdoch has, of course, no fucking idea who I am.â€

It might refer to some adventures in New Zealand when Geoff was part owner of a newspaper in Christchurch that was trying to take on a Murdoch owned paper.....

culteducation.com/group/1046-great-commission-international/13291-the-mysterious-citizens.html

Relatively early on, once they got rid of some professional editors, the Botkin's paper ran this bit about one of the other newspapers in town

Another article, on page two, also carried no byline, though Hunt told North & South he wrote it and stood by its claims. The headline ran: "Citizen grows; Press grows concerned". The story outlined changes to the Citizen - including the name change from Citizen Today to Christchurch Citizen, to reflect the paper's local orientation - and drew acerbic contrasts between the Press and the Citizen. The Press was "owned by a man who left Australasia to set up home in the US [Rupert Murdoch], while the Citizen's owner, Jim McCotter, had "moved from the United States to settle here, injecting significant amounts of cash into the Christchurch economy". The Citizen was a "modern paper for a modern city", while the Press was a "media dinosaur, struggling to keep up" which had "resorted to old-fashioned bullying tactics".

"We just want a straightforward fight over who provides you... with the sharpest news, the best stories, the most colourful sports coverage. They'd rather run and hide behind their big corporate parent, and hope that Mr Billionaire Murdoch gives them enough money to see off the Citizen."

abd

As this story was going to print, the Citizen made a fresh attack on INL. Front and page three

headlines on March 1 screamed "Murdoch bully-boys to sue ES magazine", and "Murdoch goes after ES mag". "Media magnate Rupert Murdoch's bullyboys are targeting Christchurch and the new, successful lifestyle and entertainment magazine, ES", began the story. The main claim was that INL lawyers had begun action to sue NZMG for infringement of the INL TV Guide trademark, which appears four times down the edge of the ES cover.

The article put it this way: "[the INL] lawyers seem to be accusing the people of Christchurch of stupidity, implying readers here might confuse Murdoch's small, cheap-looking product with the large-format glossy ES magazine, just because ES has the generic words TV Guide printed on its front cover."

Jonathan Hunt exhorted readers to "support our new campaign to convince Rupert Murdoch and his henchmen that we're not stupid down here in the South Island... write to either the INL lawyers, or to Paul Thompson". He offered sample letters and gave contact details for Thompson and INL company secretary and legal counsel Sarah Hard.

Now, I gather that this kind of editorial namecalling of the competing press is not normal in NZ, just as I've not seen it in the USA..... it sounds very 1860s wild west sort of stuff...

Thanks for the info, salex. With the way Geoff forced his CHILDREN to lead the lives of repressed, joyless, "Kingdom-focused" mini-adults, perhaps David really did-- and does-- feel he was "directly and closely involved."

I thought we were going to get to hear about another Botkin duck biologist. :lol:

Just when I think the Botkins can't possibly get any more arrogant, they prove me wrong! "Directly and closely involved in a business endeavor that was antagonistic against the man and his media outlets," huh? The hyperbole gene, it is strong in this one, grasshopper!

Poor, poor Rupert Murdoch - he must be cowering in a steel-walled safe room, even as we speak... :lol:

Aaah, but I bet Murdoch doesn't have a 200 year plan for dominion (although he does have a lot of children) so Botkin will win in eternity.

How old is David? Was he even a teenager in 2002?

Per public record, he was born in 1984, so he is 31 now, and was 18 in 2002.

About what?

The Murdoch thing. What if they actually were involved in something more than y'all have found so far?

I think people believe he was involved in some project. It is just that he is such a pompous ass about it, being coy and vague about the details (wanting people to think it is 'top secret' but making sure you know it was important too) and exaggerating his own importance in general.

The Murdoch thing. What if they actually were involved in something more than y'all have found so far?

Please see anjulibai's above comment.

Look, in this day and age, pretty much anyone can start a "media venture" and say, "I'm going up against Murdoch and the rest of the Lamestream Media!" Well, good for them, but it doesn't mean Murdoch gives a shit, feels threatened in any way, or is even aware of their presence.

I suppose David isn't technically lying, but gross exaggeration is kind of a pattern with his family, so our skepticism is well founded. Feel free to prove us wrong; I'd love to know more about the Botkins.

ETA: Let’s take a walk down Memory Lane, shall we?

“Our father has led a remarkable life – we continually find out history about accomplishments that he never publicized. He has never sought fame or spotlight, but he has been influential in everything he has ever done. It so happens that much of his past professional work as a political advisor, and a pastor, involves confidential information about a large variety of people, from heads of state to royalty to rock stars. As a man who protects people’s reputations, that part of his life will always remain confidential.â€

Well, isn’t that convenient.

visionarydaughters.com/2009/06

Look, in this day and age, pretty much anyone can start a "media venture" and say, "I'm going up against Murdoch and the rest of the Lamestream Media!" Well, good for them, but it doesn't mean Murdoch gives a shit, feels threatened in any way, or is even aware of their presence.

I suppose David isn't technically lying, but gross exaggeration is kind of a pattern with his family, so our skepticism is well founded. Feel free to prove us wrong; I'd love to know more about the Botkins.

ETA: Let’s take a walk down Memory Lane, shall we?

“Our father has led a remarkable life – we continually find out history about accomplishments that he never publicized. He has never sought fame or spotlight, but he has been influential in everything he has ever done. It so happens that much of his past professional work as a political advisor, and a pastor, involves confidential information about a large variety of people, from heads of state to royalty to rock stars. As a man who protects people’s reputations, that part of his life will always remain confidential.â€

Well, isn’t that convenient.

visionarydaughters.com/2009/06

I just looked up the word 'humble' in the dictionary and what a surprise! Good ole Geoff Botkin's photo was staring back at me on the page. :?

I'm trying to imagine Geoff Botkin, duck biologist, hanging out with rock stars and getting confidential info about them.

I'm trying to imagine Geoff Botkin, duck biologist, hanging out with rock stars and getting confidential info about them.

Drop some acid, that might help.

The Botkinettes' "Visionary Daughters" blog is a gold mine of examples of Botkin hubris. May I add to the wealth??

September 22, 2007:

Where would we be without our brother Benjamin? At age 18, he is an acclaimed and experienced composer, currently working on the orchestral score for “The Return of the Daughters.â€

and, captioning a pic of his synthesizer workstation:

The workstation of a great (21st century) composer. Someday he’ll have a real orchestra.

Yes, folks, our little Benjamin is right up there with James Levine, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Leonard Slatkin, and Michael Tilson Thomas. They're all bosom buddies, don'tcha know.

September 19, 2007:

Our father, Geoffrey Botkin, is a veteran filmmaker who has produced or executive-produced more than one-hundred documentary films, television productions, and other media projects, including some of the most controversial and widely watched public affairs films of the last twenty years.

Funny, isn't it, that his name still doesn't seem to be a household word??

February, 2008, in an interview with Stacy McDonald of "Your Sacred Calling" fame (the whole thing is really worth a read, for those who can stomach it):

Since our father has ministered to so many different kinds of people – Muslims, political leaders, college kids, military veterans, television and film professionals, journalists, non-Christian public school kids, businessmen, missionaries, refugees – these were the people we grew up around (though always supervised and overseen by our parents. We spent time with these people as a family).

June, 2008, on the occasion of Noah's 13th birthday:

It is sobering to watch a roly-poly little boy grow into a man of strength and stature, a man with big ideas and a mission, a man who will someday have great influence.

Our childhood scheming together on how to build tree forts has matured into planning for projects that will impact the nations.

I could go on - their blog is a veritable rabbit hole of crazy. Worth a look, if you're curious.

The Botkinettes' "Visionary Daughters" blog is a gold mine of examples of Botkin hubris. May I add to the wealth??

September 22, 2007:

and, captioning a pic of his synthesizer workstation:

Yes, folks, our little Benjamin is right up there with James Levine, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Leonard Slatkin, and Michael Tilson Thomas. They're all bosom buddies, don'tcha know.

September 19, 2007:

Funny, isn't it, that his name still doesn't seem to be a household word??

February, 2008, in an interview with Stacy McDonald of "Your Sacred Calling" fame (the whole thing is really worth a read, for those who can stomach it):

June, 2008, on the occasion of Noah's 13th birthday:

I could go on - their blog is a veritable rabbit hole of crazy. Worth a look, if you're curious.

Do they actually name any of these hundreds of documentaries and television productions that the fake duck biologist has produced?

The more and more I read about the increasingly terrifying Geoff B., the more vivid the picture grows in my head of Anna S. and Elizabeth sitting at their father's feet every night while he waxes poetic about himself as they gaze adoringly up at him with stars in their eyes, before running off to get the razor and shaving cream for their next daughterly duty.

It's a fucking scary picture.

Perhaps Ted Nugent told him all about the time he "adopted" an underaged girl so he could "take her on the road" with him. And Geoff laughed and said, "Funny you should say that, 'cuz this friend of mine, Doug..."

including some of the most controversial and widely watched public affairs films of the last twenty years.

We are going to need the names of these films to believe that they are the most controversial and widely watched public affairs films of the last twenty years.

Archived