IGNORED

The Duggars Aren't the Most Charitable Public Figures

roddma

I know the DUggars give some to charity and ,but they are far from the most charitable. Other public figures give millions without calling attention to it. Fans act like they own the market on it. Though they may have good intentions and I dont knock their efforts, You still cant help but wonder how much is done for the cameras. I saw no reason to break link.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinharris/t ... bs-of-2014

the duggers idea of helping out is either helping other christians or preaching and handing out trinkets. Conservative christians tend to look down on the poor and choose to see them as lazy so they don't have to help out. they fully ignore the bible and jesus to do this. look at bill gates and other of the richest americans they are giving most or all of their wealth away. we see mega church preachers buying Jets and most of the churches income goes to supporting the church. The poor donate more then the rich.

Wait, do we know that the Duggars actually give to charity? Everything I've seen on the show is really nothing more than them showing up to "help" someone who has already organized, and presumably, funded something.

I can't think of one instance that would indicate the Duggars actually gave.

They did donate a lot of their "stuff" to the garage sale for the Children's Hosptial NICU. Of course they got paid for the episode and most likely got a tax write off for their donations.

They did donate a lot of their "stuff" to the garage sale for the Children's Hosptial NICU. Of course they got paid for the episode and most likely got a tax write off for their donations.

I thought the same and wonder if they made more than they told.

I wonder where the passage in the Bible was that covered garage sales?? [emoji12]

That article has a strange sense of charity. Writing The Mindy Project (which is Mindy Kaling's job anyway), and auctioning off a script isn't charity, nor is giving a speech at a luncheon, which is the only thing listed for why Lupita Nyong’o is one of the most charitable celebs.

The Duggars aren't charitable. Buying a few toys to take alone doesn't make their voluntourism trips charitable. No matter how much you rub and rub when you try to shit-shine something, at the end of the day, it's still nasty and covered in fecal matter.

I had this link save, but it doesn't work anymore:

http://duggarfamily.com/content/michell ... _of_giving

If anybody can get it somehow, it's about the Duggars having their kids tithe at their homechurch, but interesting that there's not a peep about where the money goes.

That article has a strange sense of charity. Writing The Mindy Project (which is Mindy Kaling's job anyway), and auctioning off a script isn't charity, nor is giving a speech at a luncheon, which is the only thing listed for why Lupita Nyong’o is one of the most charitable celebs.

The Duggars aren't charitable. Buying a few toys to take alone doesn't make their voluntourism trips charitable. No matter how much you rub and rub when you try to shit-shine something, at the end of the day, it's still nasty and covered in fecal matter.

I had this link save, but it doesn't work anymore:

http://duggarfamily.com/content/michell ... _of_giving

If anybody can get it somehow, it's about the Duggars having their kids tithe at their homechurch, but interesting that there's not a peep about where the money goes.

If the Duggars give to charities or nonprofits, it's probably to ATI/IBLP and other IFB "ministries" who primary goal is to preach at people rather than help them with their material needs. They probably also give to anti-abortion "ministries" and that Voice of the Martyrs groups that gives Bibles to people who didn't ask for them. In general when you give to religious organizations, the bulk of that money goes towards perpetuating the religious group in question (e.g., clergy salaries, building improvements, other staff salaries, advertising, music). That's why the fact that Mitt Romney tithes about 20 percent of his income to the Mormon church isn't as impressive as it seems, because that money is primarily being used to support the mission of the Mormon hierarchy, not to help the poor. If your primary interest is helping the poor, you should give to an organization for which this is the main goal. The Duggars seem uninterested in alleviating poverty, perhaps out of the Calvinist view that seems common to many conservative Christians that poor people are in that state either because they're lazy or "ungodly."

The duggars only do shit that makes them look good or brings in money. If you have to tell the world or hold a press conference then you aren't really doing shit out of the kindness of your heart.

The Duggars are great at bragging about their charity work. And oh-so quiet about the tax deductions they pocket for those donations.

My grandmama once said " The most honourable help one could provide is silent help".

Well, the Duggars obviously do not fall into this category. :lol: Seriously, how anyone could even slightly see them as charitable is beyond me! :evil-eye:

The Duggars like to do one off no commitment charity work... a day working at a coffee shop... a couple hours working at the laundromat... a couple hours working a fish fry. Then of course is their missions which isn't them exactly out there digging wells. And notice none of these things involved any of their own money.

I'm surprised as part of their homeschooling that they don't add a component of community service. There are lots of organizations where they could volunteer a couple hours weekly at. They count their volunteer fire dept as community service but how long did that last.

Sheesh do these people commit to anything?

Nuff said

Matthew 22:36-40 - "“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?â€

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.â€

Matthew 6:1-34

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...

Archived