IGNORED

Diary of an Armageddon Survivor (a JW's fantasy)

Coldwinterskies

One of the core teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses is that we are in the End Times and that any day now, Jehovah will destroy everyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness, leaving only JWs to enjoy paradise earth (they currently believe "the 144,000" refers to the JWs who will actually live in Heaven with God, but most JWs expect to get to live on earth in paradise, not in heaven).

Apparently, one JW decided to make a video fantasizing about what it will be like when Armageddon has come.

Warning: there are a few pictures of dead bodies on the ground in the video, so don't watch if you are the type of person who would be too squeamish to watch The Walking Dead - but the majority of the video is just "WTF?" Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NNHjBdgiuY (link isn't broken since it's just Youtube)

I'll try to watch this later, but when I was living with my ex-BF's JW family, they always told me that many, if not most, non-JW's would survive Armageddon, or at least be resurrected after it was over.

They said I was going to survive because I had never accepted the truth and I was generally a good person. They told me God's wrath was mainly reserved for those that intentially did evil and those JWs who turned apostate.

It wasn't so bad from their angle. This type of gory stuff never came up ever from them.

Of course, they were by their nature kind, gentle people, who focused on helping others, and eventually stopped being JWs.

I have a feeling that your ex's family may have been doing some mental gymnastics to convince themselves that it would be like that so they wouldn't have to confront the uncomfortable cognitive dissonance of believing in an organization that teaches that perfectly nice people like you will not be "saved". My understanding is that the official teachings of the JWs are that ONLY JWs will be saved.

This site gives some examples from their literature where they go into that:

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation ... nesses.php

JW's believe that only those that haven't heard the "good news" will survive Armageddon...because they were never given the chance to accept or reject it.

To long; didn't watch...so dramatic!

I don't blame you. The main reason I was able to tolerate watching it is because my husband and I watched it together and we were making jokes about it to each other the whole time.

Long story short, the JW who created it thinks that when Armageddon comes, all the JWs will be able to just casually brush aside all the dead bodies everywhere and just blissfully get to work doing stuff like sprucing up the Kingdom Hall without a care in the world.

At one point, they talk about how a JW family finds a police officer laying dead next to his police car, and they are just happy that now they can let their son ride in a police car!

There is also a comment about how "[some of the surviving JWs] were somewhat disappointed some of their love[d] ones did not make it, but soon were swept up in the euphoria" of reuniting with the other JWs.

They also make fun of how one of the houses of the dead people had a sign saying "No Jehovah's Witnesses" on it and seem to take delight in using the dead people's possessions.

It is pretty crazy and twisted stuff. Any normal person would find it tragic to see all these dead people around, but these JWs are just focused on how joyous they will be to see each other. It is so self-absorbed that they don't even find it sad that so many people have suffered and died terribly.

In all fairness, if the rapture happened I'd totally be getting myself a new car.

I don't blame you. The main reason I was able to tolerate watching it is because my husband and I watched it together and we were making jokes about it to each other the whole time.

Long story short, the JW who created it thinks that when Armageddon comes, all the JWs will be able to just casually brush aside all the dead bodies everywhere and just blissfully get to work doing stuff like sprucing up the Kingdom Hall without a care in the world.

At one point, they talk about how a JW family finds a police officer laying dead next to his police car, and they are just happy that now they can let their son ride in a police car!

There is also a comment about how "[some of the surviving JWs] were somewhat disappointed some of their love[d] ones did not make it, but soon were swept up in the euphoria" of reuniting with the other JWs.

They also make fun of how one of the houses of the dead people had a sign saying "No Jehovah's Witnesses" on it and seem to take delight in using the dead people's possessions.

It is pretty crazy and twisted stuff. Any normal person would find it tragic to see all these dead people around, but these JWs are just focused on how joyous they will be to see each other. It is so self-absorbed that they don't even find it sad that so many people have suffered and died terribly.

That is similar to how my ex-BF described how we'd all feel after Armageddon. He said we'd all be filled with bliss and wouldn't care about anything but helping Jesus establish the Kingdom on Earth.

That said, they didn't say there'd be bodies around - all of that would be taken care of by Christ. In general, people would be busy setting up farms and orchards. Nobody would be really thinking about the past, only the present which would last for eternity.

Ex-BF and his family said there is not supposed to be rejoicing in those not resurrected. There's only supposed to be rejoicing in Christ.

I think like with every religion there are assholes and there are good folks.

Quite honestly, the most humane explanation I've heard of as to how we will deal with grief in heaven over loved ones who didn't make it (and in adventism that does not mean being alive in hell suffering for all eternity, not making it to heaven just means you are dead.) is that we will no longer remember our unsaved loved ones. I'd rather have that than have to spend an eternity grieving for them.

Adventism also believes in a new kingdom on earth, but not before God purifies it. There would be no cars to steal, nor any dead bodies. That is just so gruesome. Even if you didn't know those people I feel like that would be traumatic.

All that aside, logistically, What would you even do with them all? Seems a health hazard to me.

I found most of it pretty arrogant. I was amused however with one aspect. This is the end of the world. Dead bodies, fire, destruction and all that. How did they manage to clean all of that up in Sunday best of suits and dresses?

I found most of it pretty arrogant. I was amused however with one aspect. This is the end of the world. Dead bodies, fire, destruction and all that. How did they manage to clean all of that up in Sunday best of suits and dresses?

Hahaha. That's a good question. In the JW religion, men with beards are very much looked down on to the point that a lot of ex-JW men first show their rebellion by showing up at the kingdom hall with a beard, so it is funny to me to imagine that in the middle of this chaos the guys would still make sure that they were shaving every day.

Archived