IGNORED

Allie Webster Birth Watch - She's Here!

Ursula

First Post here! So excited. I've been lurking for years and finally got my account activated! So wish I could have been commenting on the Baby Dilly due date thread.

I'm going to guess little Allie Webster will be here April 15th!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her due date is the 10th.

My guess is Allie will be born on the 17th.

I'm not so sure that Alyssa is trying to distance herself from her family. We've seen several trips to visit her family (both her parents in TN and her grandparents in SC) and they've made at least two trips to see her in FL. That's normal when you live several states away and have to work for a living. We shouldn't be judging her based on someone like Josh Duggar who can leave DC to visit AR so often. And yes, it is certainly possible that she's happy to have some distance from her family but that doesn't mean she's completely cutting them off.

I don't think the previous post was stating that she believes Alyssa was trying to completely cut her family off. She simply said she thinks A is trying to distance herself, and I completely agree with that. Not physical distance (after all, her dh is from FL and her FIL has political work to accomplish there, so there may be a very specific reason why the Webters set up house there.) Rather, I think it's very possible she desires to distance herself from the uber conservative rules that were placed on her growing up; skirts only, long hair only, certain worship/music styles only, quiverfull, patriarchy, ATI/IBLP indoctrination, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think she'll abandon it all, not by a long shot. But she's sassy (mostly in a good way), and A seems to be making it abundantly but respectfully clear that she can and will call the shots in her own married life. YOU GO, ALYSSA! That said, I also believe the changes she's made thus far are ones that her parents can and will accept. And I don't suppose she'll go too "willy-nilly" away from her fundie ubbringing, as this is how she and her spouse were acquainted and drawn together (fundie circles) to her to begin with. They share that common ground.

What the hell. I need something to do:

Birth date will be April 21. First pictures will show Alyssa look gorgeous (as usual). I also suspect her belly will be gone by the time she goes home.

First Post here! So excited. I've been lurking for years and finally got my account activated! So wish I could have been commenting on the Baby Dilly due date thread.

I'm going to guess little Allie Webster will be here April 15th!

I'm another longtime lurker and first time poster. Decided to finally create account, but was to late for baby Dilly arrival thread so have to be satisfied in the meantime with the baby Allie thread. My guess is that she will arrive at least a week late so 17th of April :think:

Have they said what her formal name will be? I feel like Allie is a nickname. Is it going to be short for Allison, do we know?

Have they said what her formal name will be? I feel like Allie is a nickname. Is it going to be short for Allison, do we know?

I believe it is just Allie. But nickname names are becoming more popular these days, especially in the South and across the pond.

I'm wondering if it could be a nod to Alyssa herself - I could see using Allie as a nn for Alyssa.

My guess is a little late, but not by too much. So I'll say April 14.

I don't like nicknames for legal names. I think we need formal names sometimes.

But the Bateses don't seem to agree - they've got Tori, Josie, Katie, Ellie and Callie.

I do think Allie is meant to be a nickname for Alyssa. I wonder why they wouldn't just name her Alyssa and call her Allie.

I don't like nicknames for legal names. I think we need formal names sometimes.

But the Bateses don't seem to agree - they've got Tori, Josie, Katie, Ellie and Callie.

I do think Allie is meant to be a nickname for Alyssa. I wonder why they wouldn't just name her Alyssa and call her Allie.

(bolding mine) You mean for parents to yell for their children! :lol: It's more forceful to yell: "James Robert Duggar" than "Jim Bob"

I always knew when I was really in trouble- my middle name came out.

OT - I was looking for the Bate's middle names when trying to use an example and couldn't find them but I found out Trace and Jeb have my birthday. I also didn't realize that 2 of their kids (not twins) have the same birthday.

(bolding mine) You mean for parents to yell for their children! :lol: It's more forceful to yell: "James Robert Duggar" than "Jim Bob"

I always knew when I was really in trouble- my middle name came out.

OT - I was looking for the Bate's middle names when trying to use an example and couldn't find them but I found out Trace and Jeb have my birthday. I also didn't realize that 2 of their kids (not twins) have the same birthday.

LOL! So true; my son has 2 middle names, so when he's really been bad, we bring out both.

Though I meant more for job hunting, graduations, those types of things. Studies have shown that our names affect how we are perceived, so I think it's important to have something that is formal.

Wikipedia has all of the middle names of the Bates kids. Trace and Jeb have the same birthdays, and Addallee and Jackson have the same birthdays - both in February oddly enough.

Also, Alyssa's middle name is Joy, so her daughter will have the same initials as her. Now I really think Allie is meant to be a nickname for Alyssa.

LOL! So true; my son has 2 middle names, so when he's really been bad, we bring out both.

Though I meant more for job hunting, graduations, those types of things. Studies have shown that our names affect how we are perceived, so I think it's important to have something that is formal.

Wikipedia has all of the middle names of the Bates kids. Trace and Jeb have the same birthdays, and Addallee and Jackson have the same birthdays - both in February oddly enough.

Also, Alyssa's middle name is Joy, so her daughter will have the same initials as her. Now I really think Allie is meant to be a nickname for Alyssa.

I always think of nicknames and unfortunate names when I see Chip Reid, CBS Whitehouse correspondent (real name: Charles Henry Reid, Jr) or Cokie Roberts (real name: Mary Martha Corinne Morrison Claiborne Roberts). I always think they should have a more professional name.

I didn't think to look at Wikipedia! I was looking at their official site on their network- go figure! :)

When the Bateses were in FL visiting Alyssa, Gil kept calling her "Allie." Definitely seems like little Allie Jane is a nod to Alyssa and Gil's mother Mama Janey.

I, personally, think it's weird to name a child after yourself. Just me?

When the Bateses were in FL visiting Alyssa, Gil kept calling her "Allie." Definitely seems like little Allie Jane is a nod to Alyssa and Gil's mother Mama Janey.

I, personally, think it's weird to name a child after yourself. Just me?

Men do it all the time. In that light, I don't see the problem. However (and this is just me), I'd like my future kids to have their own individual names.

Men do it all the time. In that light, I don't see the problem. However (and this is just me), I'd like my future kids to have their own individual names.

It's weird when men do it, too. I agree with future kids having their own names.

I think Allie is a strange name choice. Her mom is Alyssa, and she's going to have aunts named Ellie and Callie. They're all pretty similar.

I always think of nicknames and unfortunate names when I see Chip Reid, CBS Whitehouse correspondent (real name: Charles Henry Reid, Jr) or Cokie Roberts (real name: Mary Martha Corinne Morrison Claiborne Roberts). I always think they should have a more professional name.

I didn't think to look at Wikipedia! I was looking at their official site on their network- go figure! :)

I always associated this "stupid nickname" phenomenon with Northeast WASP-y boarding school types. Off the top of my head I can think of a Cookie, Chippy, Tripp, and Tap (first two are women, second men) who are all monied and have what I would consider long WASP-y names (they are also thirds and fourths, etc.). I hate it but it is interesting from a sociological perspective. Also been reading recently about how upper class names (Barbie, for example) become appropriated by strivers in lower classes and then fall out of favor with the upper class - it's a vicious cycle.

(Mr AJD & I are currently in the looking-for-baby-names season of life, if you can't tell.)

It's weird when men do it, too. I agree with future kids having their own names.

I work at a law office primarily dealing with elder law and it absolutely drives me crazy when men and women name their children after themselves but add, Jr., III, IV, etc. Or the other day this one family name all the boys with the same initials as their dad and the girls got the same initials as their mom. (i.e. Donald M. and then the sons were Dustin M., Daniel M., and so on and so forth). It is really hard to keep straight and just annoying! But I'm really not into cutesty family names or themes. I think people deserve their own names and identities separate from their parents.

Alyssa posted the following picture on her instagram.

instagram.com/p/1Q61eQpAui/?taken-by=webster4ever

Still pregnant and 40 weeks. Hope she's not 2 weeks late like Jill though I have a feeling (based on nothing) she won't be. Bet she'd be thrilled to deliver the same day as Duchess Kate.

I think Allie is a strange name choice. Her mom is Alyssa, and she's going to have aunts named Ellie and Callie. They're all pretty similar.

People name sons after their fathers all the time - why not do it for your daughter?

Alyssa looks so tiny still. She is starting to look SO much like Kelly! My guess is the 12th. Wonder how much they'll film?

People name sons after their fathers all the time - why not do it for your daughter?

Alyssa looks so tiny still. She is starting to look SO much like Kelly! My guess is the 12th. Wonder how much they'll film?

I just think it's going to get confusing. Is Grandma Bates yelling for Allie, Callie, Ellie or Alyssa? I don't have a problem with women naming babies after themselves, btw. It wouldn't be as confusing if it were just Alyssa and Allie Jane.

April 16th! And Allie is leaps and bounds better than Israel.

I just think it's going to get confusing. Is Grandma Bates yelling for Allie, Callie, Ellie or Alyssa? I don't have a problem with women naming babies after themselves, btw. It wouldn't be as confusing if it were just Alyssa and Allie Jane.

Eh, it does happen with extended families. I have a cousin whose name is 2 letters different from mine. She actually was going to be given my name, but everyone ended up saying that would be too confusing, so her parents picked the similar name (I'm older than she is).

I think it's more odd to name siblings similar names, a la Ellie and Callie, or Joseph, Josiah and Josie.

Archived