IGNORED

China cuts Jean off

dianapavelovna

It could be something as simple as parental age. This information based on things I learned from a family I used to know with 3 Asian adopted children (1 Chinese boy, 2 Korean girls). and for the agency they used I believe the parental age cut off was 45 or so.

It could be something as simple as parental age. This information based on things I learned from a family I used to know with 3 Asian adopted children (1 Chinese boy, 2 Korean girls). and for the agency they used I believe the parental age cut off was 45 or so.

I have wondered, if age was a factor in why the adoptions fell through this time for Jean and Jim.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on Jean. She blogged about that the two kids they were unable to adopt and wrote about their kids and is hoping ohters will consider adopting the kids and gives out contact info.

theresnoplacelikehome-family.blogspot.com/2015/04/are-you-my-mother.html

China's requirements for adoption are fairly strict:

http://travel.state.gov/content/adoptio ... china.html

Among many other things, " At least one member of the couple must have stable employment and the family's annual income must equal at least $10,000 for each family member in the household (including the child to be adopted)" so it may be that they have finally reached the limit financially (though her husband must be a VERY successful executive or something, to have been able to afford this many kids as it is).

For special needs kids, you need to be between ages 30-55.

China's requirements for adoption are fairly strict:

http://travel.state.gov/content/adoptio ... china.html

Among many other things, " At least one member of the couple must have stable employment and the family's annual income must equal at least $10,000 for each family member in the household (including the child to be adopted)" so it may be that they have finally reached the limit financially (though her husband must be a VERY successful executive or something, to have been able to afford this many kids as it is).

For special needs kids, you need to be between ages 30-55.

I have wondered about Jean's husband's career. It looks business related, when they were down in Florida, she talked about him working from there on his computer. I also think Jean may come from money. There was posting where she mentioned the cleaning ladies that go to their house used to work for her mom.

I have still give Jean and her husband Jim credit for wanting to give those kids better lives. I still agree, with some people here, the adoptions were too frequent. I think age may played a factor in why they couldn't adopt those two kids. Parents from large adoptive families do admit that with age, enough is enough. I remember Discovery or TLC did that documentary on John and Jeanette Murphy. There are couple that lives in Georgia that adopted over 20 kids with various special needs, most of the kids have Down syndrome. Six of the kids they adopted have passed away. John and Jeanette have four biological children. When the documentary was filmed John and Jeanette were the mid to late 50s, there was a part where Jeanette said it they since she and John were getting older, their adoption days were probably done.

I did a quick web search and it appears that jean is 56 and Jim is 58 - if my info is accurate then I suspect age is what disqualified them. China may have made an exception to one of the parents being over 55 since they were adopting special needs kids, but once both passed that point that probably disqualified them.

As for what Jim does for a living, it appears he is co-founder of a company called St. Renatus LLC, which developed needle-free dental anesthetic. Here's a write-up: "Mr. James P. Mulvahill, Jim Co-Founded St. Renatus, LLC in 2006 and serves as its Director. Mr. Mulvahill currently serves as a Senior Advisor to St. Renatus, managing projects that relate to FDA market approval and intellectual property. Until 2005, Mr. Mulvahill practiced as an Attorney in the area of business and health law, with a heavy emphasis on representing medical and dental practices." They have plenty of money!

• 8 months later...

Does the new girl they added to their family look familiar to anyone as well? 

I swear I have seen her face on another blog. 

Apparently she comes from a dissolution (domestic adoption) 

• 2 years later...

Update: They are at 16 adopted kids now. The little girl Grace, they weren't able to adopt back then, I believe lives with them now.

Archived