IGNORED

Maxwell's Have a Live Chat

jlbturtle

Ha! Feministic and evolutionistic IT chat help! You know that happens all the time.

Embarrassingly, I never knew they had a message board until people started talking about it here. They never linked it from the blog or corners that I recall, and I've never bought any of their books. Though I do remember thinking when I saw the title Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single Income Family that it was pretty pessimistic of them to assume their sons would all wind up divorced. I didn't know anything about this mandatory keeper-at-home stuff and when I finally figured out what they meant by that book title my mind was blown.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
So, I asked them a question....

Me: Hi, I was wondering if you are doing any conferences on the East Coast any time soon?

Titus 2: They handle conference requests through the contact form and would be able to tell you there. I'm sorry, I can't be of help on that.

They? Hmm, maybe they did outsource the live chat.

Has anyone on FJ ever called them on the phone?

I'm not aware of anyone calling them on the phone but a number of people have gone to conferences with at least one confrontation telling Steve he wasn't welcome in their community.

How is calling them at the number published on their website any creepier than trying to live chat with them?

I don't know. Something about it just feels more invasive to me, calling their house without a legit business purpose.

I don't know. Something about it just feels more invasive to me, calling their house without a legit business purpose.

How about wanting John's body for carnal pleasure? Is that considered a legitimate business purpose? :)

How about wanting John's body for carnal pleasure? Is that considered a legitimate business purpose? :)

I think that would be even more creepy than just calling them up to say "Steve is an asshat."

I'd bet anything that phone on their website goes straight to voice mail. Can't take the risk that Anna may pick up the phone and have to take an order from a *gasp* man!

I'd bet anything that phone on their website goes straight to voice mail. Can't take the risk that Anna may pick up the phone and have to take an order from a *gasp* man!

I bet you're right.

Archived