IGNORED

The Botkinettes????

gustava

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem that Lord Daddymort has tightened his grip the last few years and taken them and the whole family even deeper underground.

Well, are they even marketable anymore? The Botkinettes made their trade selling ideals. An ideal girlhood. An ideal young adulthood. An ideal relationship/courtship. But the Botkinettes are no longer in line with the fundie ideal. No fundie WANTS or AIMS to have their daughters still unmarried and living with them in their 30's. It's the real life consequence of a system that isolates young women, but the Botkins don't sell real life.

You can't sell relationship advice if you're an old maid (which they are, in fundie terms).

You can't sell an ideal of SAHD-hood if your own "beautiful girlhood" ends with you growing old in your parents' home.

You can't sell books on how to be excellent wives and mothers if you are neither.

The Botkins could write about what to do to "bless" others as an older, SAHD...but again, I don't think anyone wants to read that. Until they move into the next "phase of life" for fundie women, I think their market is taped out.

Where could one find information on them? I would love to go down that rabbit hole!

Where could one find information on them? I would love to go down that rabbit hole!

Many of their "best hits" are here: visionarydaughters.com/

Geoffey is too busy being a great writer, statesman and duck biologist to care much about what the 'ettes are up to, I suspect.

I think they are keeping a very low profile in order to stay faaar away from the shit storm that is/could be the DPIART lawsuit. I'm sure they'd love to forget they ever knew him, let alone kissed his ass and used his business to promote their own agenda. That, and as the previous poster so aptly said, they no longer have anything to market.

How closely linked were Botkin and DPIAR? I'm not remembering.

Oh, they were TIGHT. Vision Forum produced quite a few of their products - they published "So Much More" for crying out loud! Geoff was a major speaker at all their events. Doug is on the special features of "Return of the Daughters", extolling the virtues of the Biblical family. (insert retching noises here)

I think Daddy B knows they're an example of doing it wrong. Follow courtship rules, keep girls untouched even by themselves, and they'll make godly matches and have lots of godly babies. But what happens when you go so far overboard that your chances of grandkids is starting to look like it's going going to happen? He's probably embarrassed now.

Oh, they were TIGHT. Vision Forum produced quite a few of their products - they published "So Much More" for crying out loud! Geoff was a major speaker at all their events. Doug is on the special features of "Return of the Daughters", extolling the virtues of the Biblical family. (insert retching noises here)

I second this - the Botkin family was in bed with Dougie for years. (I know, bring out the brain bleach for THAT mental picture... :pink-shock: )

My theory - I think it's precisely because they were in so tight with DPIAT/R that the Botkinettes have gone so far underground now. They've had very little public web presence since Tool o' Ween, and their (excruciatingly boring) blog hasn't been updated since last November.

They can be spotted in a few Facebook pictures - Lacie Bowman's recent music recital, and last summer's "Remembering WWII" cosplay shoot-em-up, a Courter Family/Dominion Skills production. But methinks Daddy has tightened down the thumbscrews, in an effort to re-purify their image and make them appear even more elusive and desirable than before.

My $0.02.

Its been speculated that Geoff is/was ill the past several years, so they might also have been caring for him. I dont get the sense that it's daddy keeping them unmarried. The whole family is amazingly arrogant...three of the boys have found wives hecause its easier for them to marry "down" than the Botkinettes.

We know they have turned down coutship offers, and in their minds who would be good enough for them? Minor European royalty? A head of state? If they really believe a fifth of the bullshit, then these are the most special, godly maidens ever to walk the earth. They aren't about to settle for some semi literate "youth pastor" with bad teeth and a degree from some unaccredited bible college. Why do that when you can go on trips around the world with daddy and pretend you're working?

What does anyone in that family do for money these days? I'm guessing Pa Botkin was able to sock away a significant amount of money for hard times, but Tool O'Ween was a year and a half ago. Do they have "family money"?

Its been speculated that Geoff is/was ill the past several years, so they might also have been caring for him. I dont get the sense that it's daddy keeping them unmarried. The whole family is amazingly arrogant...three of the boys have found wives hecause its easier for them to marry "down" than the Botkinettes.

We know they have turned down coutship offers, and in their minds who would be good enough for them? Minor European royalty? A head of state? If they really believe a fifth of the bullshit, then these are the most special, godly maidens ever to walk the earth. They aren't about to settle for some semi literate "youth pastor" with bad teeth and a degree from some unaccredited bible college. Why do that when you can go on trips around the world with daddy and pretend you're working?

I've also read speculation about Geoff being in poor health. Who knows for sure - but he's just posted a new sermon on Sermon Audio (sermonaudio.com), and he sure sounds healthy to me - robust enough to talk non-stop for 69 minutes, anyway.

If 'ol daddy Botkin kicks the bucket, what will the 'ettes do?

Be taken care of by their brothers?

What is DPIAT/R? I can't place it. I might be more tired than I thought.

Be taken care of by their brothers?

What is DPIAT/R? I can't place it. I might be more tired than I thought.

Doug Phillips is a tool

If ya all want to get your "weird condescending spinster sisters" fix, check out the Ah the life... blog by the Reins "ladies".

They have a snarkworthy post up about modest wear[tm][/tm] and concealed carrying. With Pictures. And fanny packs, alot of fanny packs! Oh, and garters. :lol:

My heavens, I'm getting the Fundies confused. Thank you for the links for reminding me I've lost my mind! :cray-cray:

Since we're talking Botkinettes, I thought I'd share this examination of a Geoff Botkin sermon published a few days ago, which I ran across this morning while looking for information about the death of Bethany Deaton. Geoff is a scary, scary man.

Some time ago, after I reviewed the Botkins' "Ready for Real Life" webinar series, a reader pointed me to a 2013 sermon by Geoffrey Botkin. On September 29th, 2013, Botkin delivered a sermon at Christ the King Church in Centerville, Tennessee (where he serves as an elder) entitled "How Bad Company Corrupts Good Morals, Part III", available at Sermon Audio. Geoffrey Botkin is the head of the Western Conservatory of the Arts, a ministry that promotes Christian homeschooling and Christian Patriarchy.

I regret that I put the sermon on the back burner for a long time, but I finally sat down and listened to Botkin's talk. Now I realize why my reader encouraged me to listen.

The sermon offered a disturbing glimpse into Geoffrey Botkin's world, a world in which outsiders are to be hated, five year-olds can be "false prophets", and rape victims who don't cry out for help are deserving of death. Botkin's world is one of us-verses-them thinking and unforgiving legalism, with little room for tolerance or empathy. Since Botkin is a respected figure in some Christian homeschooling and Christian Patriarchy Movement circles, I wonder how many others in those movements share his disconcerting opinions.

More at the link:

http://republic-of-gilead.blogspot.com/ ... ffrey.html (link not broken, the proprietor would be happy to have visitors, I'm sure)

My heavens, I'm getting the Fundies confused. Thank you for the links for reminding me I've lost my mind! :cray-cray:

If you've lost your mind after only 150 FJ posts, what will you be like after 1500 posts??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since we're talking Botkinettes, I thought I'd share this examination of a Geoff Botkin sermon published a few days ago, which I ran across this morning while looking for information about the death of Bethany Deaton. Geoff is a scary, scary man.

More at the link:

http://republic-of-gilead.blogspot.com/ ... ffrey.html (link not broken, the proprietor would be happy to have visitors, I'm sure)

There are 40 sermons by Geoff Botkin free for the listening on sermon audio.com. For those with strong constitutions, it's a veritable gold mine of craziness. Whoever our Republic of Gilead blogger is, he/she is spot on in their assessment of Geoff as Champion Wearer Of Tinfoil Hats. The man is nuts.

Was the date stamp on the no-cry sermon any time after Tool O'ween? Not that that would excuse its despicable theories but it would certainly be interesting timing.

Guess it's time for me to take the bullet and report on the CDs of "She Shall Be Called Woman," featuring that helpmeet o'helpmeets, the Sarai to her Abram, she-who-must-be-insane-by-now, Victoria (Vicky) Botkin!!! There are 6 CDs IIRC and I only got partway into the second one and also IIRC no dire pronouncements on victims of assault.

However there are plenty of snide jabs at the "others." This stuff should be documented!, since as they say, if we ignore history it will repeat itself upon us.

Archived