IGNORED

I got my first Mark Driscoll email

jerkit

When MD resigned and started his new website, I signed up for email updates and I just got my first one yesterday. Apparently he's going to put all his old sermons and other content on the new website. So that answers my question about who owns his content - him or Mars Hill. It also says that new "Bible teaching" will be available soon.

So, not very exciting, but he hasn't completely disappeared into the ether.

He, Billy G. and Dougie the tool are just waiting in the shadows and working out how they can make a comeback. These sorts of people never really go away.

When MD resigned and started his new website, I signed up for email updates and I just got my first one yesterday. Apparently he's going to put all his old sermons and other content on the new website. So that answers my question about who owns his content - him or Mars Hill. It also says that new "Bible teaching" will be available soon.

So, not very exciting, but he hasn't completely disappeared into the ether.

I can't believe the former MH board allowed him to keep the work product generated on the church's dime. It's unbelievable. And it's sad for so many members who gave to vaporware projects like the Jesus Festival, etcetera, and will never see that money again.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Driscoll email just came in:

Hi [jerkit],

We want to say thank you for your prayers

We want to sincerely thank those who have been praying for and supporting us as we work to get Pastor Mark Driscoll's past and future Bible teaching online. We are continuing to work hard to bring old content back online. Our first installment of this content is the Leadership Coaching videos. These videos are available now.

Leadership Coaching Videos Series

We will continue to work on bringing Pastor Mark's archived content back online in the coming months. We will also be posting some completely new content so stay tuned. We will continue to notify you when content is added to the site.

To be notified or to support Mark Driscoll Ministries please use the links below.

If you want us to notify you of new Bible teaching click here.

If you want to support the ministry click here.

If you want any of Pastor Mark's free E-book's click here.

Thank you again for your prayers and support.

MarkDriscoll.org Admin

• 4 weeks later...

New Driscoll email for anyone interested!

Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

We want to sincerely thank those who have been praying for and supporting us as we work to get Pastor Mark Driscoll's past and future Bible teaching online. This week we have added parts 1-5 of the series, "Vintage Jesus: Timeless Answers to Timely Questions".

Some two thousand years after he walked the earth, Jesus Christ is still a hot topic. And with all the crazy, cooky, and confused message about Jesus that have permeated both the church and culture in recent years, the truth about his character, nature, and work has not changed. So what exactly is the truth about Jesus Christ?

That's the question the series Vintage Jesus seeks to answer by breaking it down into a number of sub-questions about Jesus, including Is Jesus the only God? Why did Jesus come to earth? Did Jesus rise from death? Why should we worship Jesus? and others. Nonbelievers and new Christians looking to sit down and delve into the topic of Jesus, asking the toughest, most confounding questions they can think of, will find solid, biblical answers presented in a relevant, accessible way in one of Pastor Mark's most popular sermon series of all time.

These sermons are available now.

Vintage Jesus: Timeless Answers to Timely Questions

We will continue to work on bringing Pastor Mark's archived content back online in the coming months. We will also be posting some completely new content, and will continue to notify you when it is added to the site, so stay tuned.

To be notified or to support Mark Driscoll Ministries please use the links below.

MarkDriscoll.org Admin

New Driscoll email for anyone interested!

To say I am sorry that the former board members and other MH attendees didn't manage to cough up the cash to go after Driscoll in court for his actions is an understatement. I am dreading the day we turn on TLC and he has a new show focusing on his new "ministry". You know it's coming...

To say I am sorry that the former board members and other MH attendees didn't manage to cough up the cash to go after Driscoll in court for his actions is an understatement. I am dreading the day we turn on TLC and he has a new show focusing on his new "ministry". You know it's coming...

You think? I don't think Driscoll would come off very well on TV. The Duggars have that bright and shiny thing going for them that masks their bigotry. Driscoll is just sort of hateful without a fun exterior.

You think? I don't think Driscoll would come off very well on TV. The Duggars have that bright and shiny thing going for them that masks their bigotry. Driscoll is just sort of hateful without a fun exterior.

As a total outsider to both the Duggars' & Driscoll's milieus, I have to agree with jerkit. The Duggars are actually personable in their own bizarre way; you have to watch them for a while and/or be aware of other information outside the show to "get" how fucked up their worldview actually is.

Driscoll, OTOH, has never come off as anything but an enraged even demented bully in all of his public videos. Granted, they've been videos put out by his "church" as preaching messages, but Driscoll's manner, presentation, and of course theology are so off-putting to anyone who isn't already a true believer that I can't believe TLC would risk a national TV slot for him.

He's currently attempting a reboot of his image. He raked in millions and the woman I know that went to Mars Hill is in love with him. (She digs his "testosterone".) It would be TLC's attempt to appeal to the hipsters. He also uses the bright and shiny to disguise his true beliefs -- he wears jeans to preach in, uses rock bands during worship, etcetera. ("A pastor who preaches in a Mickey Mouse t-shirt and jeans? Meet Mark Driscoll and his family!")

Plus, I'm sure his representation has made mention of the sheer numbers of You Tube hits on his sermons, website traffic stats, and fundraising to show that whatever he came up with would draw viewers. It would be an even bigger train wreck than the Duggars.

Another yawn-worthy email update

Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

We want to sincerely thank those who have been praying for and supporting us as we work to get Pastor Mark Driscoll's past and future Bible teaching online. This week we have added parts 6-10 of the series, "Vintage Jesus: Timeless Answers to Timely Questions" We have also added parts 6-10 of the series, "Luke: Investigating The Man Who Is God".

These sermons are available now.

Vintage Jesus: Timeless Answers to Timely Questions

Luke’s Gospel: Investigating The Man Who Is God

Additionally we want to thank Pastor Dan Kellogg and the team at Gold Creek Community Church in Mill Creek, Washington for inviting and having Pastor Mark preach at all of their services this past Sunday, May 17th on Hebrews 11:1-6.

You can watch that sermon on their website here. RePurpose

We will continue to work on bringing Pastor Mark's archived content back online in the coming months. We will also be posting some completely new content, and will continue to notify you when it is added to the site, so stay tuned.

MarkDriscoll.org Admin

His 'rehabilitation' certainly didn't take long.

He was booted from several posts for violating the pastoral precepts of the Book he considers as being without error. And yet here he is again, less than a year later, attempting to rehabilitate his image.

I wonder what he learned in the 25 seconds or so that he spent out of the spotlight?

In this week’s update we have lots of great news to share, but we want to start out first with a word of thanks.

Thank You for Your Continued Prayers and Support

We want to thank those of you have attended speaking engagements and sent words of encouragement to the hello@markdriscoll.org address. Pastor Mark has been reading those emails and enjoys hearing reports of how God is using the preaching to minister to people. Lastly, we also thank those who continue to pray for and support this ministry. Right now Pastor Mark and his family are finishing up the school year, with their oldest graduating in a few weeks.

Upcoming Events

Pastor Mark will be speaking at the upcoming Hillsong Conference in Sydney and London. Please be praying as he travels, for health and for open hearts to hear the Gospel. You can learn more about upcoming events where Pastor Mark will be preaching here.

New Content

This week we have added the final two parts of the series, "Vintage Jesus: Timeless Answers to Timely Questions". We have also added five additional parts of the series, "Luke: Investigating The Man Who Is God.â€

Resources and Support

â–ª Signup for notifications of new resources

â–ª Support the ministry financially

▪ Read Pastor Mark’s recent e-book

Stay tuned for more great resources from Pastor Mark in the coming weeks.

MarkDriscoll.org Admin

Bumping to report that today's Seattle Times is running a story about Driscoll:

seattletimes.com/seattle-news/evangelical-leaders-give-fallen-mars-hill-pastor-mark-driscoll-a-new-forum/

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose...

We have some great news this week but first here is a family update from Pastor Mark.

Driscoll Family Update

Despite a difficult year, the family is doing well and walking with Jesus together. School finishes soon and our oldest, Ashley, is graduating. It feels like just yesterday Grace and I dropped her off at kindergarten and sat in the car to cry together. Ash was fine and I was the one freaking out. We are very proud of her as she won a significant academic college scholarship and the Principal's Leadership Award. As usual, the boys played 1.765 billion baseball games. Zac started on varsity as a freshman and was among the team leaders in hitting. Our youngest daughter enjoyed vocal lessons and recitals. It's been a full year in which the Lord was faithful.

Pastor Mark

Pastor Mark also reads your emails of encouragement and prayers that you send to hello@markdriscoll.org, and thanks you for the prayers for His Family.

Pastor Mark Live-Streaming from James River Church

This Sunday, June 7th 2015, Pastor Mark will be preaching live at James River Church near Springfield, MO. He will be preaching the 9:00 and 10:45 services Central Time. These services will be streamed live on the James River online church site. Check the site for your local time live service.

New Content

This week we have added additional parts of the series, "Luke: Investigating The Man Who Is God.â€

Resources and Support

MarkDriscoll.org Admin

Thank you for those who have been praying for our family. This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. With the last day of school, it means we get to have the kids around all day every day. I love the increased volume and life in the house as we have fun and make memories as a family. Getting to sleep in is also a nice gift for us all.

This week Gideon (9) has baseball playoffs and his previously undefeated team recently lost their first game of the season. Alexie (11) is getting lots of friend time. Calvin (13) has a lot of baseball games. Zac (15) is done with baseball for the season after playing varsity at his school, hanging out with friends, and buying and selling a lot of Nike's. And, Ashley has graduation and commencement this week and we are all very proud of her. I did not know the Lord at her age and seeing a godly strong smart leader grow up before our eyes has been a tremendous blessing that we thank the Lord for.

Pastor Mark

Pastor Mark continues to read your emails of encouragement and prayers that you send to hello@markdriscoll.org.

Thank you James River Church

We want to thank James River Church for hosting Pastor Mark this past Sunday. You can watch Pastor Mark's message on "Paul the Forgiven", here.

New Content

This week we have added additional parts of the series, "Luke: Investigating The Man Who Is God.â€

Resources and Support

MarkDriscoll.org Admin

Tweet

Forward

Subscribe to Pastor Mark's iTunes audio podcast channel here to get new content as it is posted.

Listen to some great leadership lessons in the series Leadership Coaching with Pastor Mark.

Tweet

Forward

Copyright © 2015 Mark Driscoll Ministries, All rights reserved.

You signed up for updates at markdriscoll.org

Our mailing address is:

Mark Driscoll Ministries

23632 Hwy 99

Ste 517

Edmonds, WA 98026

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Click here to Reply or Forward

0.05 GB (0%) of 15 GB used

Manage

Terms - Privacy

Last account activity: 32 minutes ago

Details

Driscoll Family Update

Friday was the kids' last day of school and Ashley's (17) high school graduation. Grace and I attended each others' high school commencement ceremonies, and it was surreal to be sitting together many years later at our daughters'. It is a great honor to be her dad, and we are excited for the future that God has planned for her.

The week has lots of friend time for the kids and baseball games for Calvin (13) and Gideon (9). This includes Gideon's final game of the season, the championship, as the Dodgers and the Outlaws have a battle for the ages slated in the year end finale. Their last meeting ended with Gideon scoring the winning run from third on a walk off home run. It was so intense that both parents and kids saw their hair turn gray during the game.

Also, this Sunday is Father's Day, so congratulations to all the physical and spiritual dads!

Pastor Mark continues to read your emails of encouragement and prayers that you send to hello@markdriscoll.org.

New Sermons Online

Has anyone happened on the Mark Driscoll Insult Generator?

driscollize.me/

I got "You're a sensitive, emasculated, neutered, exact male-replica evangellyfish!" :dance:

Driscoll Family Update

This week marked the end of baseball season for all the boys. Gideon’s (9) team won the championship after losing only one game all season. I tried to get a photo, but because he hates having his picture taken, he always puts his hand up. Subsequently, I have an impressive gallery of photos of his hand at various ages and locations around the globe. Calvin (13) pitched a few innings in his team’s last tournament and they won a double header. With summer officially here, we are now transitioning to whiffle ball season at the house. Zac (15) is hanging out with friends and bowling. Yes, our older kids like to bowl and shop at thrift stores as they prepare for retirement.

For Father’s Day some friends rented a suite at the Mariners game, so we joined a few families that we love and enjoy to celebrate and fellowship. Afterward, we took my pops out to dinner following his day at a car show with his El Camino.

Lastly, thank you for the emails and prayers from those who have been encouraging us. I have shared some of them with Grace and our kids, and they appreciate the kindness. Here are a few of our favorite from recent weeks:

From Igor

"Dear Pastor Mark,

I just want to express my gratitude toward your Family and you.

I started listening to your podcast when you were beginning the Trial Series. I was 17 years old then.

Your sermons and theology shaped me as a new follower of Christ and helped me see and understand our Lord Jesus much deeper. My best friend and I enjoy our Saturday nights where we come together and listen to your sermons and leadership teachings. They are of huge help, along side your books that my friend and I enjoyed reading."

From Mitchell

"Hello Mark!

I'm a part-time missionary who works for Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ). I've always enjoyed your sermons and zeal for speaking truth and the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I'm just wrapping up your ten commandment series and have enjoyed them greatly! Mark, you have many gifts. Preaching and leading lost people as a pastor is one of them. You speak boldly and unashamed. I'm confident that the grace of God will continue to teach and humble you as a person and brother in Christ. I have faith in you. I hope to see you leading a church in the future! "

From Cynthia

"Greetings, It Is delightful to hear positive things regarding your family (congratulations to Ashley) and to hear you preaching for Jesus publicly again. It is always convicting to my heart! I pray for you as the Lord brings you to mind."

From Sean

"Great to get these updates! Praying for you and your family."

New Sermons Online

• 2 months later...

I haven't been updating this thread with every email, but today's was particularly weird, particularly the "arty because dad never hugged them" thing. So weird.

The Newbie

Being the new person can be tough.

I went to a large public school (I hope I spelled that right) from kindergarten until fifth grade. Then, I transferred to a small Catholic school complete with uniforms, nuns and what I thought was purgatory lasting from the fifth through seventh grade. My first week at the Catholic school was rough, since the only kid who really spoke to me was a fellow altar boy I got in a fight with after he hit me in the head with a rock. In his defense, I do have a big head so throwing a rock in any direction came with the inherent risk of finding my Shrek sized melon according to the Vegas over-under.

When I transferred back to a larger public school in eighth grade, I again felt like we were playing musical chairs and I did not get a chair once the music stopped. I had to take the dreaded school bus with total strangers. This included the hard edge kids who liked to wear all black, listen to depressing music, and smoke cigarettes because sadly their daddy never hugged them, thereby making them arty.

Also, getting between classes at the ginormous public school was tough. I did not know my way around, had no one to ask, and was as bewildered as Uncle Si doing Sudoku. Worst of all was lunch because I didn’t know anyone. It felt like an eternity as I sat all alone in silence, much like a devout Milwaukee Bucks fan at a game.

Being a newbie once again

Thankfully, as I got older things changed. For the past few decades, I had no idea what it was like to be the new person. Residing in the city where I grew up, attending the church that started in our living room, living near extended family, and having many longstanding relationships meant I had not felt like the newbie until recently. Now, the family and I are in the city of Phoenix, meeting new people, going to new schools, and visiting new churches. I cannot find anything without Siri telling me where to go, but I am becoming very skilled at U-turns. Also, the kids are the newbies at school, so we are navigating that experience with them as well.

More than ever, this makes me thankful for those people who practice hospitality. Since our move to Phoenix, we’ve had a lot of pastors and their families extend a hand of friendship, which has been very encouraging. Our experience has also made us more grateful than ever for those people who, as Romans 12:13 says, “seek to show hospitality."

Whereas fellowship is enjoying time with people you know, hospitality is inviting people you don’t yet know into your life. Being the outsider, it’s nice to be invited in. Being new, it’s nice to have somebody be your buddy.

How about you?

Who has walked in to your life to extend a hand of friendship just around the time you were tired of playing solitaire yet again? Who has God placed in front of you that could benefit from you pursuing them to help alleviate their loneliness?

For those reading this who practice hospitality, I want to assure you that your ministry is a tremendous gift. In an increasingly mobile and fragmented culture, many people find themselves living and working away from family and friends. Those of you who keep your eyes and life open to seek out new people and help them connect with other people are a great gift. More than ever, we are grateful for God’s people who have welcomed us, and the God who entered into history to pursue us for friendship and invite us to dinner at his Kingdom home.

Upcoming teaching

I'm honored to be teaching in Phoenix and Anchorage this week. If you are a ministry leader in the Phoenix area feel free to join us for a training event this Friday. I want to thank Pastor Mark for inviting me to teach. And, if you live near Anchorage you are welcome to join us this Saturday or Sunday for a service at Muldoon Community Assembly Church. Thank you Pastor Kent for inviting me to preach. Details for both events are here.

I interpret this as Mark misses throwing random stories into sermons so he's putting them into his updates that you get.

They moved?

Archived