IGNORED

Why has tlc never shown us...

nataraja

a service of the Duggar's homechurch?

We know that the Duggars are members of a homechurch and they seem to head it because I read a few years ago that they are saving taxes by declaring their home a church.

But why has tlc alwayd stayed quiet about it and never filmed anything regarding it?

TLC has shot inside the Baptist Church that the Bates go to and when the Duggars were in Springdale the crew followed them to a local church but the 19 Kids and Counting viewer hasn't seen anything regarding the Arkansas homechurch yet.

a service of the Duggar's homechurch?

We know that the Duggars are members of a homechurch and they seem to head it because I read a few years ago that they are saving taxes by declaring their home a church.

But why has tlc alwayd stayed quiet about it and never filmed anything regarding it?

TLC has shot inside the Baptist Church that the Bates go to and when the Duggars were in Springdale the crew followed them to a local church but the 19 Kids and Counting viewer hasn't seen anything regarding the Arkansas homechurch yet.

We definitely did in the early specials.

They have shown SMALL clips of their home church. Someone at the "pulpit" waving hands and pointing to a diagram. Or the lineup of food after the service which they call a "pot-faith" meal.

What I'm sure they also have is footage of the TLC guys trying to get an interview with sir Bill Gothard himself, and getting told he's "busy" or "away", or even him pushing them away like I saw Benny Hinn do in a documentary about a decade ago.

Oh yeah, and everything Anna's brother-in-law reported after the wedding, of his not wanting to be on TV and them NOT respecting that.

because I read a few years ago that they are saving taxes by declaring their home a church.

The internet lie that does not die.

Their worship service most likely contains fundamentalist worship practices (laying on of hands, speaking in tongues, being "slain in the Spirit", to name a few). The Duggars are still trying to convince TLC and the viewers they are "mainstream". They also know that any broadcast of the Sunday morning message that would come out of a church like this would create big problems with their advertisers.

Go ahead, Duggars. Let's hear why you cover the "church" windows with opaque black plastic and one has to get an invitation to attend...

I'm not sure they are truly woshipping via a home church anymore, but rather more likely a family integrated church (see ncfic.com) My understanding is that they are in an unmarked wearhouse building at this time, and that there is a larger church body than what would typically be held in someone's home (even the Duggar's large TTH home.) There were some photos and/or video somewhere online of this wearhouse church in the midst of a service and preaching, as well as talk of a fellowship meal that followed.

ETA: And does anyone know where Jillard and/or Benessa are attending? I also got the impression that Jillard might be at the big Baptist church across from the mansion, and isn't the Benessa house out that way, too? Jessa made a comment/post recently that also made me think that they, too, might attend a church other than the wearhouse church, too, now.

They may lay on hands, but the Duggars are more IFB not Pentecostal. The parts they have shown us were typical fundie droning on and on preaching. The boring aspect of it is probably why it was shown a couple of times only.

They also know that any broadcast of the Sunday morning message that would come out of a church like this would create big problems with their advertisers.

Well even Bravo canned Carlton from RHOBH with her Wiccan "I used to practice dark spells" and such. That, too, was a potential problem for their advertisers.

I'm not sure they are truly woshipping via a home church anymore, but rather more likely a family integrated church (see ncfic.com) My understanding is that they are in an unmarked wearhouse building at this time, and that there is a larger church body than what would typically be held in someone's home (even the Duggar's large TTH home.) There were some photos and/or video somewhere online of this wearhouse church in the midst of a service and preaching, as well as talk of a fellowship meal that followed.

ETA: And does anyone know where Jillard and/or Benessa are attending? I also got the impression that Jillard might be at the big Baptist church across from the mansion, and isn't the Benessa house out that way, too? Jessa made a comment/post recently that also made me think that they, too, might attend a church other than the wearhouse church, too, now.

I'm fairly certain that Jillard attend Cross Church, where they got married. I think I've read something about them going there before, and they were volunteering for something related to Cross Church.... ah yes, the compassion center. Seems likely that is their church.

instagram.com/p/0xohpmrsyx/

I have wondered why Erin Bates and Chad Paine decided to attend a different church to their family once they got married. I mean, she was the piano player for their worship team, Gil Bates is the pastor, and Carlin runs the childrens ministry etc, so I found it odd that they decided to attend another church. Is it customary to find a different church once married off? I wonder what church Derek was originally from, seeing as he grew up only 30 mins away.

Well even Bravo canned Carlton from RHOBH with her Wiccan "I used to practice dark spells" and such. That, too, was a potential problem for their advertisers.

Anyone who watches Pit Bulls and Parolees with any regularity may notice that Tia wears a pentagram around her neck. One of her daughters has a pentagram tattooed on her neck. I believe they are most likely Wiccans. IMHO of course, but Wiccans don't practice black magic. One of our friends is a Wiccan priestess who was more than happy to explain things like the Law of Threes to us.

I don't believe they've had any problem at all with their advertisers because they do not discuss their beliefs in interviews.

If it was a choice between who I'd like to spend time with between the Duggars and the Pit Bulls and Parolees group, I'd choose Tia and her family every time.

I have a friend who is a bit fundie [she married into it] and she and her family church hop quite a bit. My friend and I were both raised Catholics and this practice would be fairly unusual in Catholicism.

GREAT question. I have no idea.

On a sorta related note, I was wondering why they never show things like the girls' last night all together in that big room before Jill or Jessa got married. It would've been really interesting to see how the sisters were honestly dealing with being separated after growing up in such close quarters. I would've loved to know if they'd done anything special or at least would've liked to see a talking head or two about it if they didn't want those moments filmed. But the Duggars don't actually seem like terribly articulate people and the show doesn't seem terribly genuine, so I guess we'll never know anything beyond, "What a sweet time of fellowship!" and "Such a special and exciting moment!"

I dunno. Smoke and mirrors?

Re Erin Bates not attending Gil's Church of the Holy Holiday Inn Conference Room - if she was still at Crown College when she married (and I think she was) then it's part of the conditions of enrolment that she attended church there every week. She was also part of their music "ministry".

Re Anna's brother claiming that TLC didn't respect his wishes not to be filmed - that makes me wonder if they routinely get a group waiver by simply posting a sign declaring that they will be filming and by entering an area you are consenting to your image being used. Anna, Mary, Jesse and John Maxwell are all shown entering Jill's wedding and Jesse is even heard greeting JimBob. I really can't see Steve Maxwell allowing his adult children to sign waivers to appear on The Beast. They were shown in crowd scenes at Josiah's graduation too.

I'm guessing it's for other member's privacy. If I were at my place of worship, I wouldn't want cameras all over me. It kind of take away from the sacredness of the area.

I also have to wonder if they don't show it because they know that what they're teaching is whack. I really wonder what Gil's take on the Bible is, but I would bet money it's nothing like an actual minister who has gone through seminary interpretation. Many of the supporters of the Duggars and Bates are also Christian, and would pick up on BS theories made up by these people pretty quickly.

Re Erin Bates not attending Gil's Church of the Holy Holiday Inn Conference Room - if she was still at Crown College when she married (and I think she was) then it's part of the conditions of enrolment that she attended church there every week. She was also part of their music "ministry".

Re Anna's brother claiming that TLC didn't respect his wishes not to be filmed - that makes me wonder if they routinely get a group waiver by simply posting a sign declaring that they will be filming and by entering an area you are consenting to your image being used. Anna, Mary, Jesse and John Maxwell are all shown entering Jill's wedding and Jesse is even heard greeting JimBob. I really can't see Steve Maxwell allowing his adult children to sign waivers to appear on The Beast. They were shown in crowd scenes at Josiah's graduation too.

I think the "posted waiver" is what they do. I remember seeing pictures posted of the notice at the Jubilee fiasco. There may have been some pics from Jillybean's wedding prohibiting photography as well but I dont remember where I saw that on instagram.

I'm guessing it's for other member's privacy. If I were at my place of worship, I wouldn't want cameras all over me. It kind of take away from the sacredness of the area.

I also have to wonder if they don't show it because they know that what they're teaching is whack. I really wonder what Gil's take on the Bible is, but I would bet money it's nothing like an actual minister who has gone through seminary interpretation. Many of the supporters of the Duggars and Bates are also Christian, and would pick up on BS theories made up by these people pretty quickly.

I think the Duggars' home church isn't shown because it would just make them seem stranger than they already are. Relatively few people know what a FIC is and would probably find the "rationale" behind it offensive, especially if they attend a conventional church with Sunday school, youth ministries, women's groups, men's groups, etc. As with many aspects of the Duggars' religious beliefs, the home church aspect is played down to appeal to a wider audience.

I don't know that Carlton was canned because of her spiritual beliefs, but because she is a wacko and fairly loathsome and hard to watch. Last season's ratings were abysmal. I don't much like Lisa VanderPump, but 'll take her (and Giggy!) any day over Carlton.

I think the Duggars' home church isn't shown because it would just make them seem stranger than they already are. Relatively few people know what a FIC is and would probably find the "rationale" behind it offensive, especially if they attend a conventional church with Sunday school, youth ministries, women's groups, men's groups, etc. As with many aspects of the Duggars' religious beliefs, the home church aspect is played down to appeal to a wider audience.

The Duggars attempt to pass themselves off as run of the mill Baptists. If we saw their church service Cleopatra is right, it would ruin that whole image. Everyone would suddenly know they aren't like the rest of us.

The Duggars attempt to pass themselves off as run of the mill Baptists. If we saw their church service Cleopatra is right, it would ruin that whole image. Everyone would suddenly know they aren't like the rest of us.

Because 19 kids and trips the creationist museum didn't already prove that ;)

But I agree. I think fundie is a lot easier for people to swallow than "home church" fundie

I'll never forget the David Waller sermon.

I'm fairly certain that Jillard attend Cross Church, where they got married. I think I've read something about them going there before, and they were volunteering for something related to Cross Church.... ah yes, the compassion center. Seems likely that is their church.

instagram.com/p/0xohpmrsyx/

Agreed. On the Dillard family page they have a blurb and link to Cross Church Pinnacle Hills.

I think they don't show home church because it's just not that interesting TV. I'm guessing your average secular viewer would get really bored.

I would love the Duggars to show a real truthful series of episodes about how certain aspects of their lives work. One aspect would be how the home church works. I don't want to hear the sermons. I would like Jim Bob to talk about how he started the home church (like did he study the Bible, become a pastor, go to a "seminar"). Then how the church grew to other families, since home church was suppose to be just the Duggars? at first? Then how they invite new members and how the new building works, how long are services , any youth programs?

I would also like to see a special on how homeschooling works now. Of course we will never get the truth because the show purpose is a ministry to suck the viewers into wanting to become just like the Duggars, because as we know every quiverful ATI home church family lives the way the Duggars do!

I would love the Duggars to show a real truthful series of episodes about how certain aspects of their lives work. One aspect would be how the home church works. I don't want to hear the sermons. I would like Jim Bob to talk about how he started the home church (like did he study the Bible, become a pastor, go to a "seminar"). Then how the church grew to other families, since home church was suppose to be just the Duggars? at first? Then how they invite new members and how the new building works, how long are services , any youth programs?

I would also like to see a special on how homeschooling works now. Of course we will never get the truth because the show purpose is a ministry to suck the viewers into wanting to become just like the Duggars, because as we know every quiverful ATI home church family lives the way the Duggars do!

My guess re the church is that he started the church because they couldn't get their shit together to get to church on time. At least with their own church, it can be on Duggar time, and screw anyone else that attends-- they can wait until they get used to Duggar time and know to add 45 minutes to every time the Duggars give.

Training? hahaha this is the Duggars. I'm guessing the JB feels he's read the Bible and engaged in fellowship enough, and that he is a man that is all the qualification that his little servant heart needs.

• 4 weeks later...

The producers realize that if you show a true fundie service you are offending a lot of more liberal Christian population that watch the show thereby killing off some of the viewers. I'm sure that TLC wants to keep the show going on for as long as possible.

Archived