IGNORED

Courtney (Sweet Tea and Buttermilk) pregnant with #6 and #7

skankbiscuit

Their god needs to start actually closing some of these wombs. He's given credit for all opening and closing - yet we never see the damn things close.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their god needs to start actually closing some of these wombs. He's given credit for all opening and closing - yet we never see the damn things close.

I would settle for a gentle pinching of the urethra on Mr. Buttermilk.

Well I hope they are waiting the minimum of 3 weeks after birthing to have sex.

Western girl's name suggestion: Calamity (as in Jane). Maybe the twin can be Chaos.

Oh, I say I had all the children God wanted me to have (see also Zero Children).

But a quiverfull would read that as "cursed by god" because let's face it, if all children are blessings, then no children is proof God has not blessed you, in their "world view".

I wonder if they think "Oh, woe is me, I can't have more than 10 children and God blessed the Smiths with 12. They are more blessed in God's eyes than we."

I had a professor who divorced his wife when she could no longer have kids or hit menopause (don't remember which) , married a grad student and knocked her up every year that I knew them. Apparently, his version of Roman Catholocism was more interested in reproduction than in marriage vows (First set of kids stopped speaking to him somewhere in all that)

My mom had 10 kids in 11 years, good catholics, there was a miscarriage after number 10 with really bad hemorrhaging. This put an end to the babies, but was not permitted to have her hysterectomy at the catholic hospital where she delivered all her babies. religion and baby making are never safe for the mother.

I'm curious as to the timeframe she had you and your siblings in because Catholics have been OK with hysterectomies for quite some time for medical reasons, although your parents might belong to a particularly conservative parish and/or gone to a behind-the-times, Vatican-2 never should- have-happened hospital. My mom (a devout Catholic) had one whn I was a few years due to complications; her surgery was in a Catholic hospital. This was in the late 70s.

Catholic doctrine is interpreted differently in different parts of the country during different times. My mom went Catholic school in the 60s in Northern California, and they were teaching her all sorts of "liberal" ways of thinking. I guess the diocese was just very into Vatican II and the ideological bent that went with it.

They also were not that into people have mountains of kids, though large families were still common then. My grandparents' 9 kids were seen as unusual, and while "godly", not necessarily required.

Certainly divorcing something to have more kids would not be considered Catholic doctrine. You aren't considered more blessed by God the more kids you have. That is supposed to be an act of faith, not something God does for you because of your faith.

I was reading this last night in bed and mentioned to husband about how many children she would end up having in how many years (and the placenta previa with the daughter). He looked like this :? and said to me "what's wrong with her husband? he needs to man up and take care of his wife, and quit acting like some horny teenager."

As the years pass, I understand more and more why I fell for him in the first place. :)

Catholic doctrine is interpreted differently in different parts of the country during different times. My mom went Catholic school in the 60s in Northern California, and they were teaching her all sorts of "liberal" ways of thinking. I guess the diocese was just very into Vatican II and the ideological bent that went with it.

They also were not that into people have mountains of kids, though large families were still common then. My grandparents' 9 kids were seen as unusual, and while "godly", not necessarily required.

Certainly divorcing something to have more kids would not be considered Catholic doctrine. You aren't considered more blessed by God the more kids you have. That is supposed to be an act of faith, not something God does for you because of your faith.

The bolded is a beautiful sentiment, thank you for saying it. Now someone needs to pass it on the Courtney and all the other QF folks.

Are they on govt assistance? How the hell can they afford all those kids? She must really love giving birth, because that many kids that young sounds like punishment.

The bolded is a beautiful sentiment, thank you for saying it. Now someone needs to pass it on the Courtney and all the other QF folks.

I only wish I could. :(

I only wish I could. :(

It almost reminds me of the faith vs works argument. Duggars, as Baptists, should fall on the faith side. Somebody with good bible debate skills, get on this! Where's formergothardite? :wink-kitty:

It almost reminds me of the faith vs works argument. Duggars, as Baptists, should fall on the faith side. Somebody with good bible debate skills, get on this! Where's formergothardite? :wink-kitty:

It's a good point, and I was thinking along those lines, too.

It's one of the reasons, I think, that many Catholics today use and support birth control, even if the Church itself does not. They can choose which acts of faith to carry out, knowing it's all good with God. Having small families doesn't really define them, because their faith is expressed differently.

Meanwhile, for the fundies of the world, everything they have is because they believe and they don't have to do anything else. I think this makes many of them lazy and uncaring.

It's one of the reasons I tend to respect Catholicism more, even if I disagree with so much of it.

I'm curious as to the timeframe she had you and your siblings in because Catholics have been OK with hysterectomies for quite some time for medical reasons, although your parents might belong to a particularly conservative parish and/or gone to a behind-the-times, Vatican-2 never should- have-happened hospital. My mom (a devout Catholic) had one whn I was a few years due to complications; her surgery was in a Catholic hospital. This was in the late 70s.

It was in the early 50's to 60's. That particular hospital (in the northeast) was/might be conservative. I know someone that used midwives, and delivered with the midwives at the hospital, the midwives were not permitted to dispense birth-control. And this happened in the late 80's early 90's.

When I worked in a Catholic hospital ten years ago,the no BC prescription rules were still in effect. I haven't heard anything to suggest anything has changed.

I'm in heathen Australia. Ppl use Catholic hospitals because they're private (better food and shorter waiting lists and more choice of consultant than in the public system), not because they're religious.

Good Lord. Now I know what the kids mean when they say they 'can't even.' Because I cannot even.

I don't know if I get to say I'm a kid anymore but I like to think I'm up on internet speak and we do not say that anymore. :lol:

When I worked in a Catholic hospital ten years ago,the no BC prescription rules were still in effect. I haven't heard anything to suggest anything has changed.

I'm in heathen Australia. Ppl use Catholic hospitals because they're private (better food and shorter waiting lists and more choice of consultant than in the public system), not because they're religious.

We really are pretty heathen aren't we? I mean, we know people who are Christians - one of my school friends is, but she doesn't shove it people's faces. She also only had the three children she and hubby wanted to have. My SIL is a born-again Christian, and I'm sure she despairs of our family. I live in sin with her brother (even though I refer to him as the husband, or Mr Dill, on here), never go to Church, and our kids are all atheists, too. She apparently prays for us regularly, even though Mr Dill said he doesn't know why she bothers because he alone would do God's head in :lol: . Then again, she also prays for parking spots. Her God must be terribly busy if he deals with such mundanities.

As a whole though, we just don't have the religious influence the US does. Maybe it's our convict beginnings. We began with the dregs of British society, not Christian Pilgrims, searching for a place to practice their religion away from the turmoil in Britain.

Sorry, not sorry - that was way OT :D

I wonder how many of them actually want that many kids. I know they love their kids but it seems to occur out of obligation to a religious belief rather than a love of children.

My mother was a good Catholic in the 50's and 60's and she had a hysterectomy after her eighth child, about 1958. Eight pregnancies had done a lot of damage. She did discuss it with her priest and he had no objection to a medically needed proceedure. Her OBGYN, who did the surgery, was also a good Catholic with a large family. I remember my mother telling me about it at the time, she explained that she wouldn't be able to have any more children, but that I shouldn't talk about that with my friends because some might not understand and it was a private matter.

I wonder how many of them actually want that many kids. I know they love their kids but it seems to occur out of obligation to a religious belief rather than a love of children.

I wonder the same thing. On the topic of Courtney's husband does anyone know how many siblings he has.

Is Cash a real name in the US? It sounds like a strange name to give.. :cray-cray: Who in their right mind names their kid "money"...

That's one of my sons' middle names. :? We are Johnny Cash fans. I actually wanted it as his first name, but my husband wanted his first name to be after his grandfather who passed, so it's his middle name instead. I usually call him by Nickname Cash. We got him a Cash shirt from the Johnny Cash Museum when we went to Nashville last year.

ETA: Apostrophe change...one of my 2 sons, not one son with 2 middle names.

• 4 weeks later...

As per her Facebook page the twins are both boys. Poor Callie. In a few more years her "princess" status will turn into "Cinderella", shall we all pray (for Callie's sake) to Jesus that when Courtney is pregnant next year she will have another girl? Any ideas/bets on C names for the twins?

I know parents love their kids no matter what but I'd cut my uterus out if I had six boys. Done. Over and out. Of course, I'd never have gotten to six to begin with, but...no. Six boys is my idea of misery.

(If you have and/or love lots of boys, this isn't a personal thing...except for me. Not everyone is like me and that's great - it's especially great for families with lots of boys).

Well Callie is going to be a slave soon unless Courtney's preacher husband guilts members into raising their children.

Archived