IGNORED

The Mallys Temporarily Lose a Child at a Parade

GeoBQn

The Mallys were back again to ruin Cedar Rapids' St. Patrick's Day parade. This time, their group managed to lose an 8-year-old boy while he was learning to pass out tracts. Luckily, the hell-bound heathens at the parade safely got him to a police car where they found him later.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=14419

Whew! My heart sunk for a second. I thought lost a child like the passed away kind of lost.

Sad. Take a kid to a parade and they have to pass out tracts rather than enjoy the parade.

Of course they ate at Chic Fil A afterwards :roll:

At least the kids had something nice happen to them that day... though for some of them, I'm sure just getting out of the house (even if it was for more religious stuff) was a positive thing.

Whew! My heart sunk for a second. I thought lost a child like the passed away kind of lost.

Sad. Take a kid to a parade and they have to pass out tracts rather than enjoy the parade.

Mine, too! :shock: I wonder if the thread title could be changed to something like "...misplaced a child" rather than "lost" so no one else suffers momentary shock and sadness before reading the rest of the story. :think:

I changed it and hope no one minds too much. I almost didn't even open the thread because death of a child would be far too much for me today.

I changed it and hope no one minds too much. I almost didn't even open the thread because death of a child would be far too much for me today.

Thank you! I think it was a good idea to change it. :)

I didn't mean to scare people. If a child had actually died, I would have specifically said that in the thread title.

Regardless, I'd be happy to get lost from the Mallys in a parade, regardless of my age.

Regardless, I'd be happy to get lost from the Mallys in a parade, regardless of my age.

Wouldn't we all,

My husband asked me who these people were. I summed it up like this; They like to proselytize, and they really like to do it on airplanes. Where you can't leave and the ATF says NO to stun guns. And I have yet to figure out how to legally slip a mickey to someone.

Of course they ate at Chic Fil A afterwards :roll:

I ate at Chic Fil A for the first time last weekend. It was really tasty, but I immediately felt guilty for enjoying it. Dang it. Why'd they have to make the chicken taste like shame?

I ate at Chic Fil A for the first time last weekend. It was really tasty, but I immediately felt guilty for enjoying it. Dang it. Why'd they have to make the chicken taste like shame?

I'm a vegetarian now, but McDonald's did/does have a chicken sandwich that tasted a lot like Chik-Fil-A. You can find recipes online for how to make a Chik-Fil-A clone and one of the cheftestants or maybe a judge posted one on his website. I can't remember if it was Richard Blais, Josh Valentine or Hugh Acheson, but really it doesn't matter because of the wealth of other online recipes. They all involve marinating the chicken in pickle juice which the Top Chef's chef's does as well.

I once made a copycat Chik-Fil-A sandwich that fans swore tasted just like the real thing. I honestly couldn't see what the fuss was all about but food likes and dislikes are definitely a YMMV kind of thing.

The only time I could see myself entering a Chik-Fil-A would be if I saw a Mally heading my way. Run in, hide until they passed, run out again.

We call it the Chicken of Hate.

Also, Chick Fil A is loaded with MSG. LOADED!

Gag. Those proselytizing activities just make me crazy. I'd say that their freedom to practice their religion ends at the point where they open their mouths or hand something to an innocent bystander. Or walk on someone's private property.

We had JW at our front door last weekend. My first question to them was about their views on gay marriage. After they responded as expected, and said "wrong answer" and shut the door. Rude? I didn't give a damn. And besides, it was during a March Madness game. That's just all kinds of wrong.

Crikey.

disclaimer - I've taught the Malley Bright Lights curriculum in the past (needless to say not doing that anymore).

See this wouldn't have happened had they worked on teaching the kid how to do chalk talks instead of shoving dead trees at people in a crowd (if you don't get it you haven't had to dig through the Bright Lights stuff and listen to the tapes. oish).

Archived