IGNORED

Nattie Darnell is running for office!

Marian the Librarian

The election is coming up this weekend!!!

Would the local paper get upset if they got a bunch of phone calls asking for the

count on that particular race?

Oh, lookie here: a commenter in Nathaniel’s Facebook group defends polygyny, and the only reaction from Nattie and others is… Well, there is no reaction, because in their world, this is a common, everyday thing to see. Just an opinion, y’all.

“Our current traditional orthodox Christian vows remove divorce and polygyny, putting restrictions where God didn't.â€

facebook.com/groups/478280035590690/permalink/787950991290258/

I’m sure all the fresh-faced, family-values conservatives at this “Young Republican social event†know all about Nattie’s tolerance of posters who support the forced marriage of rape victims to their rapists, the death penalty for adulterers as well as for gay people, and the God-given right of men to have more than one wife. Right? I mean, he says he believes in “transparency,†so I’m sure he told them.

facebook.com/GAdarnell/photos/a.1376037602723169.1073741828.1374517169541879/1379762172350712/?type=1&theater

One of his FB seems to state women should not take communion.

Nathaniel states it or one of the posters on Reconstructionist Theonomists states it?

ETA: Okay, I see that it is another poster, not Nathaniel. And I don't think he's advocating that women not take communion; he's just trying to argue a point with the batshit crazy Vaughn Ohlman-- a pointless exercise if ever there was one.

Nattie participated in an 11th District Chair debate forum on Monday - he's posted an audio link on his FB page, for those interested in taking one for the team. (I'm afraid I haven't worked up the nerve yet...)

I haven't listened to the audio yet (sorry Marian) but tomorrow is voting day,

:popcorn2:

Ok, so listened to a bit just for fun(ISH).

Pretty conveniently refers to previous work as "various non-profit" organizations.

22:48 is good - makes him sound just a bit racist because he has to make sure he mentions that he's training black as well as white.

Next there's a question about the fact that no Republican women have been elected from there to congress. 25:22 Nathaniel Darnell of course makes sure to redefine the question fundamentally so he can dance around it. Doesn't want to just be honest about what he believes... definitely sounds misogynistic to me.

Maybe I can stand some more later.

So it looks like he didn't win:

"Thank you to each and every one of our supporters who worked so hard over the last month on the campaign to help us get the message out. The cause goes on! Although we fell short on the vote for Chair, we are pleased our man Nathaniel was re-elected to the GA GOP State Committee along with an overall strong District 11 Committee!

Our values and concerns were communicated effectively, and new relationships were built. There is much that we can be proud of and grateful for in the work which was accomplished. Let us stay the course!"

Source: facebook.com/GAdarnell?pnref=story

Hehe. Nothing goes better with my first cup of coffee in the morning than a little bit of Schadenfreude.

• 4 years later...
On 3/28/2015 at 2:43 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

A choice morsel from Nattie's bio page:

Anyone else remember the bumper sticker often seen during Falwell's heyday - "The Moral Majority is neither?"

Oh, this is going to be fun...

:popcorn2:

They were only married by him because they went to school at Liberty..... not like they were BFFs. LOL