IGNORED

Duggar Property

snickerz

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a few questions.

1. What is a shell? Is it legal? It doesn't sound like it.

2. Can anyone just decide to call themselves a reverend, or is like being a doctor - you have to have the degrees (legit, of course) to back it up?

3. What is a "Fictitious Business Name"? I saw it when I was getting certified copies of my kids' birth certificates (same department or else I was clicking around).

Thank you to those who will answer my questions. I have no idea what all this means that you've listed upthread, but I hope to learn from everything you all have posted here. My eyes glaze over whenever stuff like this is talked about. :D

Not sure about any other question except #2 (I'm not American and have no idea how it works there). You can get ordained online and you are legally allowed to perform marriage ceremonies etc. You do not have to take any sort of degree, especially not for the type of church JimBob has. Other churches, such as the Catholic Church, Salvation Army and Anglican Church have seminaries where they learn how to actually do their job. They have classes and exams and it is pretty much tertiary education. There are lots of bible colleges out there where people can learn all of this stuff with the doctrine geared towards whichever church sponsors the school. This is not essential in all churches though. Anyone can be a pastor and you need not have any sort of education.

I don't understand this stuff, but I don't think "REV" means reverend. There's "SBD 5-12-2011 NO REV JAMES R DUGGAR" and then a bit later "JED 11/19/2007 NO REV 2009-36597".

OT: I just googled 'Reverend Jim Bob' and came across a Murder Mystery party with a character named "Reverend Jim Bob" that seemed eerily familiar... "Reverend Jim Bob is a shrewd business man who mixes his good old boy charm with snake oil salesman marketing tactics. He adores his wife"

OT: I just googled 'Reverend Jim Bob' and came across a Murder Mystery party with a character named "Reverend Jim Bob" that seemed eerily familiar... "Reverend Jim Bob is a shrewd business man who mixes his good old boy charm with snake oil salesman marketing tactics. He adores his wife"

Wow. That is just... amazing.

Ooooh *rubs both hands together while she laughs eerily*. I would love me a good Duggar scandal! Please tell me that you guys really did contact media or something to that nature? This is too good to be true! Mr. perfect "I didn't kiss before marriage so I'm better than you" getting his cover blown will be fabulous! :clap: :violin: :lol: :twisted:

wow guys!!! you are really awesome. what a great find!! thank you soo much. I don't understand everything exactly but in the end it seems like JimBooB and Joshie might get in trouble and that sounds great.

If Joshie does get into deep trouble, I would love to see the look on his and Anna's smug faces. Granted, I won't be able to see them but just knowing about this is great!

You guys are awesome! I second chickey monkey questions, you're hard to follow guys :P It's great that you contacted other people about that. I can't believe JB had such a big loan, seriously!

A little bit off topic but I wonder how much the food, electric, light, and other bills are for that many people (with or without TLC help). That house is huge.

So basically Josh owes taxes, only a small amount but owes taxes nonetheless. The cars at his car lot are all valued at a big fat ZERO, which is obviously to DEFRAUD the tax office. And the icing on the cake is dodgy dealing with holding companies, Anna's parents and his house?

Plus there is Jimboob's 'debt free' house which had a 4.5 million dollar mortgage on it?

Wow!

You guys are awesome! I really, REALLY hope that TMZ and the rest of the media pick this up!

Exactly! I hope the media eats this up like hot cakes. They are already having low ratings and Jubilee backlash. This would be icing on the cake.

You know I now want to go to his car lot and offer him $1 for a car. Seeing as his cars are all officially valued at ZERO he would be getting a good deal.

Bahahaha. I do hope the news outlets will report it. I mentioned this to hubby and he just laughed, saying "there is no way a family with 200 kids like them can live debt free."... so I'm hoping to hear "Duggar" on the news again soon ;) just not for another Jubilee...

They valued all those cars at $0? They knowingly gave false information for tax purposes?!

Oh honey no, that's tax evasion surely. That's how they got Al Capone. :naughty: :lol:

From what I just figured out many of those vehicles are on the lot. They have to pay a tax to the county based on a vehicles value. Jimboob lies about the value and saves the difference.

hahahahhaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like TLC needs to change the one of the taglines in the opening of their program. I'm thinking: "We claim our house as a church & make creative choices on our taxes in order to pretend we are debt free."

3. What is a "Fictitious Business Name"? I saw it when I was getting certified copies of my kids' birth certificates (same department or else I was clicking around).

I admit that my memory may be hopelessly flawed, but here goes:

Let's say your name is Jane Smith and you want to start a business. You want to have the business have a name other than Jane Smith. Let's say you want to call your business No Fundies Consulting. The paperwork that would be filed would say Jane Smith DBA No Fundies Consulting. DBA stands for Doing Business As. No Fundies Consulting is the fictitious business name since it's not your name, Jane Smith, the owner of the business.

Someone will be along promptly to correct me, hopefully. :)

I have a few questions.

1. What is a shell? Is it legal? It doesn't sound like it.

Shells are not illegal, so it's a bit presumptuous for everyone to jump on here screaming that JB is going to hell. A shell corp is just a name used for business transaction, even thought the corporation itself doesn't have any significant assets. However, a shell can be used to hide profits and then evade paying taxes for them, but no one here can say without a doubt that that's been done.

I admit that my memory may be hopelessly flawed, but here goes:

Let's say your name is Jane Smith and you want to start a business. You want to have the business have a name other than Jane Smith. Let's say you want to call your business No Fundies Consulting. The paperwork that would be filed would say Jane Smith DBA No Fundies Consulting. DBA stands for Doing Business As. No Fundies Consulting is the fictitious business name since it's not your name, Jane Smith, the owner of the business.

Someone will be along promptly to correct me, hopefully. :)

I think you're right.

Also, sometimes people dissolve those business names so you might also see the abbreviation "FKA"—formerly known as.

So does anyone know if it is legal to claim all the cars are worth nothing for tax purposes? It doesn't sound legal, but I know nothing about that. Even if it is legal, it doesn't sound very ethical.

And a 4.5 million dollar note on the house, that is not debt free at all. Is there any way at all possible to twist that to say that it isn't really debt? Because if it gets out, I'm sure they will try.

I so hope this all gets out and their pretty little facade come crumbling down.

Can cars be depreciated to $0? I know a lot of assets which are still worth money after several years are listed as being worth nothing. For instance, businesses with computers write them off after like 5 years as worthless, even though they're in use and still worth resale money. Since the cars are all used and bought at auction this might be the case. Still, it looks sketchy.

Oh, and 4.5mil? Now we know the true estimate of what TLC is paying. I'm sure the properties generate a modest income, but not in the millions. I'd be pissed at Jubilee's death too, it likely cost them millions more!

I'd now like to lead the hive vagina in a prayer for a feminist forensic accountant that can totally expose the Duggar's financial tomfoolery.

Archived