IGNORED

I Really Hate This Stuff - Makes a Woman Sound Like a Child!

LongDogMom

This stuff just makes my skin crawl. It just feels soooo icky, as if the woman is not even a person. It's worse than being treated like a child...I have more respect for my children than this. I don't even know how to explain the horrible feeling it gives me when I read this kind of stuff...and to know men are sharing "tips" on how to get their women to submit? :sick:

"‘How To Make Your Wife Submit To Your Authority': Christian Blog Teaches Men To Dominate Their Wives (IMAGES)

AUTHOR: KERRY-ANNE MARCH 26, 2015 11:45 AM

A blog post by an American Christian missionary entitled “How To Make Your Wife Submit To Your Authority – 6 Tips†has gone viral around the world.

Written by Caleb Suko in August 2013 for his Suko Family blog, the post has resurfaced again recently as Christian men and women across the world share it as the perfect example of Christian marriage.

“Alright men here’s another post for you! Let’s not beat around the bush, the Bible commands our wives to submit to us!

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. Eph 5:22" ...

The article goes on with tips that on the surface might sound okay...like Become Her Friend, but the motive behind it “It will be easier and more pleasant for her to submit to you as a friend than for her to submit to you as a harsh master!†belies true friendship imo!

I guess I just don't understand this whole concept. My husband and I work together as partners and we each see each other as valuable and equal to our relationship and family. I've heard the whole metaphor of how only one person can be driving the car, but it's a poor one imo. Even the way these men talk about women...it just feel controlling and wrong. I don't think you can have true friendship and respect if one person if expected to always submit to the other. Just that word "submit" ...it's like talking about slavery or breaking the will of an animal!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/03/26 ... es-images/

So much wrong with this:

The Bible does not command men to make their wives submit. The Bible speaks to husbands and says men are to love their wives as themselves. The Bible speaks to wives and says women are to respect their husbands and submit unto them as to the Lord. Nowhere does it say that one is to force the other to do their part.

Which Suko then says in the body of his blog

While God’s Word commands women to submit to their husbands it never tells men that it’s their job to make sure their wives submit to them. Don’t think for second that you need to lay down the law and “show her who’s bossâ€!

Guess you gotta have the sensationalist headline to draw the reader in.

sukofamily.org/how-to-make-your-wife-submit-to-your-authority-6-tips/

So much wrong with this:

The Bible does not command men to make their wives submit. The Bible speaks to husbands and says men are to love their wives as themselves. The Bible speaks to wives and says women are to respect their husbands and submit unto them as to the Lord. Nowhere does it say that one is to force the other to do their part.

Which Suko then says in the body of his blog

They twist what the bible says and say that forcing submission it the way to show love.

Guess you gotta have the sensationalist headline to draw the reader in.

sukofamily.org/how-to-make-your-wife-submit-to-your-authority-6-tips/

This might be my ebil Catholic teaching coming through, but isn't the relationship between husband and wife supposed to be a reflection of Christ and the Church? And Christ was focused on SERVING the Church and SERVING others. Shouldn't a Christian marriage be one where both partners serve each other in the example of Christ instead of a leader/submitter dynamic?

This might be my ebil Catholic teaching coming through, but isn't the relationship between husband and wife supposed to be a reflection of Christ and the Church? And Christ was focused on SERVING the Church and SERVING others. Shouldn't a Christian marriage be one where both partners serve each other in the example of Christ instead of a leader/submitter dynamic?

Preach it, sister. Because I heard that SAME line from Corinthians. Had it read at my own wedding. AND I included the part where it says the husband is to put the wife's needs first... the part the fundies never read.

Archived