IGNORED

FRC Tony Perkins Threatens Christian Uprising

FRC President Tony Perkins Threatens ‘Christian Uprising’ If Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage

AUTHOR: SHANNON BARBER MARCH 26, 2015 7:36 AM

Tony Perkins, the rabid homophobe who is the President of one of the most notoriously hateful anti-LGBT groups in the nation, has crawled out from under his rock this week to opine on what will happen if marriage equality comes to all 50 U.S. states. However, Perkins may have gone too far this time. His statements seem to actually indicate that if the Supreme Court rules in favor of equal marriage this June, that anti-LGBT Christians will resort to violence in protest.

On his Washington Watch program this past Friday, Perkins said, while speaking to a caller, of the reaction to nationwide marriage equality:

“I think. . . your point about Christians rising up, I think we are getting close to that in this country as we see increasingly this growing hostility at the hands of our own government toward Christianity and I think especially if the court imposes upon the nation a redefinition of marriage.

I don’t think the nation is going to accept it, I absolutely don’t, and the conflict that is going to come as a result of it.â€

From: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/03/26 ... -marriage/

Perhaps he might want to crack open that bible he claims to quote, and turn to Titus 3:1-2.

It reads:

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

So, how exactly is a revolt against the American government Christian?

when is he going to get caught in the bathroom with a gay guy?

One can only hope soon! I would so love to see that happen!

I wonder what Josh will say. I'm not sure all the Duggar fans will be ok with a Christian uprising. I also wonder what TLC will say.

This goes back to the conservative plans to make people dissatisifed and always play the victim that I quoted in another thread.

However, I only ever hear Perkins or his group on Bott Radio, locally. they and Focus on the family are on a lot of BOtt radio channels.

Here is alink to the marketing / media purchasing info that Bott Radio promotes

.bottradionetwork.com/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/

They say of their listeners...

are a quality listening audience that consists of families with children.

own homes, are well educated and are investors with high disposable income.

buy clothes and furniture, take vacations, eat out, seek services such as financial, medical, home repair and more.

They also say that their listeners are more likely to include homemakers with kids, own homes valued at 400K-499K, Be college graduates, work as business professionals, and own 3 or more vehicles than the Market Average in the markets they have radio stations.

Why is this important? Because those people have some of the most to lose in a revolution or armed resistance or serious conflict. These people are the target of the "make them discontent with repetitive comments about whatever" in this case the old saw about how government is becoming hostile to Christians (to which I say, Bullshit)

But, surely these people realize if there is armed aggression in the streets, their homes and jobs and way of life (vacations and restaurants) are at risk. As are their investments.

Maybe they are too stupid to put two and two together, but generally high disposable income people are less likely to take to the streets over who is screwing whom....

Edit to add. That may not mean they won't contribute to small bits of violence here and there, committed by people they view as lower class and more easily manipulated. I have met people who worked on "killer tiller" websites and others who would not quite come out and praise Dr. Tiller's assassin. But certainly were happy with the results of his actions. But none of them even go to protests, much less get their hands dirty in any real way.

When the military is already made up of a disproportionate number of lower income people, what makes him think his rich listeners, who probably don't clean their own toilets, will get off their asses to go fight? More likely they'll become "missionaries" to Kenya to go love above those poor brown people who only need god to show them white is right, I mean, might, I mean, show them the light.

As far as I'm concerned, these crazies can build themselves an artificial island, hop on board, and push off to sea.

As far as I'm concerned, these crazies can build themselves an artificial island, hop on board, and push off to sea.

:clap: :clap:

These people are itching for a fight. They realize that demographics are changing and that more people, not a whole bunch but quite a few, are moving away from religion and they are scared. Conservative politicians play into those fears for obvious reasons. Armed rebellion? Unlikely. Their own demographic skews older so they may play at rebellion and show their guns but that will probably be about it. Now, if a Democrat wins the White House in 2016 all bets may be off but we will have to wait and see. As for Tony Perkins, I don't think he realizes that most people just don't give a rat's a** about gay marriage and would prefer that our politicians tackle real problems. Josh will probably be front and center in any rebellion, though. I think he is attached at the hip to FRC and only a run political office would cause him to leave. Tony Perkins, Josh Duggar and their supporters worship Our Lady of Perpetual Outrage. The anger never ends with them....but then anger = votes. It's sick.

Archived