IGNORED

What Sin Would The Duggars Hate The Most?

rainbowbubbles

I'm not sure if this topic has been posted before but I was musing last night.

In my case I'm not sure which sin they (Duggars) would hate the most. Would it be that I'm an ebil catholic or that I'm "reformed" and no longer attend any church?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, my daughter came up with a new nickname for jimboob last night...Lord Farquad ;) yes, the guy from shrek. She said she's never seen such a blatant case of short man syndrome except from that cartoon character. I'll never look at his lordship the same way again.

I was thinking that the worst sin that anyone within the Duggar family could commit against Michelle and Jim Bob would be to speak out against their family beliefs. Jim Bob's image means everything to him, and going against the family (how very much like the Mafia!) would probably be enough for him and Michelle to want to cut that person out of the family and toss him or her off the show.

As for general sinning beyond the family unit (or even within it) I'd say it's a toss-up between their beliefs regarding abortion and the rights of the LGBT community. Jim Bob has campaigned politically against the rights of both groups, and there are public records that show where he donated money, as well.

And then there was that awful robo-call Michelle made stating that transgendered people were secret perverts who shouldn't be allowed into the same public bathrooms as young girls.

Sexual sins are the worst because they are sins against the body, which is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20

18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin[a] a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Which explains a lot about the courting and not accepting homosexuality.

I think being gay, rejecting God or writing a book telling what it is really like to grow up in a mega-family who are also cult members are the worst sins a Duggar child could commit.

I know it would NOT be lying!

They seem A-OK with that infraction.

And certainly not SLOTH!!

Disobeying the parents or premarital sex. That's all the ppl talk about. What are J. Boob and Michelles beliefs and standards and honoring mother and father even when you believe they are wrong. And staying pure in mind and body. Forget you're spirit, they don't care about that. Their goal is to beat the spirit down.

I'll go ahead and throw my money on murder - just to be different. :cracking-up:

Having an abortion and refusing to be sad about it, that would be a pretty big deal too.

Having an abortion and refusing to be sad about it, that would be a pretty big deal too.

That was my first thought.

Imagine a Duggar daughter saying "I had an abortion. I don't regret it. Now I recognise their value and I am going to become an active member of the pro-choice movement."

*Whether or not this is actually a sin depends on your interpretation. It's definitely a sin in Duggar land and the foundation of all their politics.

"Disobeying" J'Chelle and Boob and leave the cult in order to lead a self-determined life.

I think everything else would be handled and hushed up as long as the Duggerling would agree to toe the party line from now on.

But leaving and choosing freedom over J'Chelle and Boobs crazyness would be something that their vanity probably wouldn't be able to take.

Abortion, every child is a gift from god. JimChelle would have a field day if one of his daughters were relieved and happy to have an abortion.

Premarital sex, you will never get that special first time again. We all know JimChelle wants to protect their kids precious gifts.

Marriage without babies, because you know everyone wants babies

Homosexuality, a big nono. Because no matter what you do that person will still be gay.

Making the family look bad. The kids speaking out against their upbringing. The kids calling out JimChelle on their bullshit. Especially if tlc decided to give a kid their own show clawed braking Duggar

Kids out of wedlock. Because even if a child is a gift from God children out of wedlock are look down upon.

Being more successful or smarter than JB. Imagine a Duggar kid escaped, got their life together, went to real school. Then got a job making $100k+ a year. Jimmys ego would be hurt. He would probably tell the other kids how their sibling is going to hell or that God didn't want for their sibling to go to school and make a lot of money.

Anything sex related. They may say all sins are equal (I know some people believe that, not sure about the Duggars), but they act like anything involving sex is the ultimate evil.

I think for the girls it would be having an abortion. For the boys it would coming out as a homosexual.

If one of the lost girls had premarital sex and got pregnant- I think they would just have a VSE about how the debil got in her heart when she snuck off the compound and wore pants one Saturday. Then we would see her tour homes for unwed mothers, exploring placing the baby for adoption, etc. They could show that their family is Pro-Life no matter what the circumstances. Then the birth (no epidural for unwed mothers!) JChelles eyes will glaze over as she snatches the newborn from it's mothers arms and starts talking about HER baby!

I think for the girls it would be having an abortion. For the boys it would coming out as a homosexual.

If one of the lost girls had premarital sex and got pregnant- I think they would just have a VSE about how the debil got in her heart when she snuck off the compound and wore pants one Saturday. Then we would see her tour homes for unwed mothers, exploring placing the baby for adoption, etc. They could show that their family is Pro-Life no matter what the circumstances. Then the birth (no epidural for unwed mothers!) JChelles eyes will glaze over as she snatches the newborn from it's mothers arms and starts talking about HER baby!

I agree completely with your first sentence.

However, if one of the girls got pregnant out of wedlock, there is no way even Jim Bob would exploit it on the show. They'd send her away to be a nanny for some long lost second cousin in South Dakota and the baby would be adopted immediately. We'd all speculate endlessly but they'd never admit anything.

Miggy, your reply made me think of Derick during his marriage counseling with j.boob and michelle. I was so annoyed with his answer about what he would do if the car broke down and they were dirt poor. "I wouldn't go into debt." I was thinking that Derick is such a coward. If my husband would have answered that question, he would most likely say "if i was in that bad of a situation, I could get a credit card and use that. It's my credit score not yours, and I'm not asking you for anything either. " if derick would say something like that, wonder what boob and Michelle say or do? Call off the wedding?

Definitely having an abortion. Their whole basis is how a woman should have as many children as possible and more babies=more money.

I agree completely with your first sentence.

However, if one of the girls got pregnant out of wedlock, there is no way even Jim Bob would exploit it on the show. They'd send her away to be a nanny for some long lost second cousin in South Dakota and the baby would be adopted immediately by Ben and Jessa. We'd all speculate endlessly but they'd never admit anything.

Fixed.

Archived